Uses for Pokémon IRL

So, I want to know what you people would use a Pokémon for in real life. Whether it be daily tasks,(Machoke movers) transportation (Riding on a mamoswine), Entertainment, Etc.

Any idea or Pokémon is valid.

(I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...)

Comon guys, lets liven up this thread! The goverment would probably use alakazam because he has an IQ of a gazillion. wailord could be a ferry service. Minor legendarys like coballion and thunderus could be like cops that keep monsters like aggron and garydos in line. because azumarill can make bubbles to breath in, divers could use them to go anywere. I apologize for double posting because I may post more when I get more ideas...

I imagine a lot of the things we would have pokemon do irl are things they've already been shown to do in the pokemon world. We know that miltank are used for their milk, things like slowpoke tail and magikarp are eaten, machoke are commonly used as extra muscle for physical labor, arcanine work with police, etc.

Here's something that I actually think about a lot that isn't touched upon in any aspect of the pokemon franchise (at least not that I've seen): service and therapy pokemon.

Like a stoutland being a blind person's guide mon. An arcanine that assists a person with seizures. Cute pokemon like rockruff, skitty, and pikachu being used in hospitals and retirement homes to provide the people living there emotional support. Just a few off the top of my head, I always thought that was a neat idea.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I remember there being another thread about this, but it was long enough ago that I don't mind shamelessly reposing what I said there.

Pokemon Moves: Great for everything!

Hypnosis: Great for Parties!
Thief: Great for after Hypnosis has been used!
Pay Day: Great for Bribing Cops!
Brick Break: Great for when Pay Day doesn't work!
Inferno Overdrive: Great for watching the world burn!
Cotton Guard: Great for Pillows!

So this post isn't just shameless reposing with a Z-Move added in, I'll point out that High IQ Pokemon like Alakazam and Metagross go with Science like metaphors that describe how they go together and sarcastic obvious statements. As a bonus, if anyone is stupid enough to make another Mewtwo or Genesect, they can blame their Pokemon for the chaos that would happen afterward. (The blaming probably wouldn't work.)

A lot of Pokemon types cover so many essential things in life they'd make life so much easier. Imagine how much money your water and electric type Pokemon can save on your water and electricity bills respectively. Fire types can be used for warmth in winter (careful with Flame Body), as can Mamoswine, which can also be used for travel like OP said. Other travel Pokemon are obviously water types and flying types strong enough to carry your weight. Physical labour can also be made so much easier with Pokemon like Machoke and Machamp.

Disaster effects can also be alleviated. Droughts? Drizzle/Rain Dance. Fires? Water types. Floods? Desolate Land.

I wonder if I can send in my Pokemon to work and use Substitute on days I'm too lazy to go to work, though...

There's also the darker side of things... Criminals could use Pokémon like banette to rob banks and locate loot... Drowzee/Hypno could control others as well as legendaries being used to cause chaos (As we don't have any plot armor IRL)

Alakazam line seems great for about anything.

Transportation? Just Teleport.
Heavy lifting? Telekinesis.
Paperwork? IQ of 5000 and a perfect memory means you'll ace your homework and tax returns, alike.
You're a farmer with no need for any such things? Rain Dance & Sunny Day let you kick back and relax.

Metagross, the portable supercomputer. Why do complex calculations when you have a Metagross?
The only problem is that metagross weighs 1,212 pounds... Also, how would the metagross communicate it's calculations to you?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
The only problem is that metagross weighs 1,212 pounds... Also, how would the metagross communicate it's calculations to you?
I'm guessing you could have Metagross talk the same way Stephen Hawking does, by using a computer, or at the very least, something like one. Now where could we get that...

As for the weight, there's two ways to get around this. The boring way is a Pokeball. The more awesome way is having it go where you want it to. It can even fly if it knows Magnet Rise... Now I want a Metagross Saddle... with Metagrossite. Screw Safety! Riding dragons seems kind of lame compared to that! :D

Reactions: JES
I can only imagine Pokemon integrating into society e.g. having jobs.

This is obviously not suitable for some Pokemon, but I'm thinking the Hitmons teach at dojos for their respective fighting styles, Slurpuff would be sous chef, etc.

Is it wrong for me to say that I wish I had a pseudo legendary or two now that we have a man who runs a "news" outlet that expouses racism and close-mindedness Trump as president?

"Pokémon don't kill people...as long as they don't try to hurt Daddy!" Metagross would be a good one. Steel type, probably bullet-proof, capable of taking out a tank (if necessary) and even his weak Psychic attacks can send thugs flying away.

And it can fly, Magnet Rise or not.

I was thinking... In real life how would people catching legendaries work out? Without stuff like rayquaza to keep other legends in check things could get scary fast.

I can think of countless uses for anything with Teleport. Cosmog and Natu are really puny things that can learn Teleport so I could shove them into like a fanny pack or something and it'd look like I'd be the one teleporting. I could get away with ANYTHING and go ANYWHERE. If there are limitations to Teleport, let's remember that an Abra can teleport you from the Pokemon League to New Bark Town, which is probably a fairly decent distance in real life. If you did that in small spurts you could get good distance out of it. If it takes up a lot of the Pokemon's energy, well- I mean, Teleport's got up to 32 PP.

Now let's say ISIS gets a Groudon. If they have a Groudon they can terrorize the whole world. But if they can find a Groudon, the US or some other superpower would be bound to find Kyogre. So we'd have a crazy, likely apocalyptic battle. We might get Rayquaza's attention with those two fighting. If the side with Groudon was there first and then Kyogre was summoned, Kyogre would win since its Drizzle would overwrite Drought, and vice versa. Rayquaza comes and whichever side captures Rayquaza is the winner.

I was also thinking that if you had a Goomy you could throw it at people. It would work well since Goomy is soft and likely wouldn't take much damage from high impact tosses.

Gardevoir was my first-ever caught Pokémon. Really grew up with it and loved it (it's male go away filthy perves). It was always there for me and protected me when I needed it.
Teleport can also come in handy.
Raichu can store 100 THOUSAND Volts in its body. Nice charger, Elekid boy.
Ribombee only goes outside if it's sunny (it hates rain). It can predict when it will rain. Also gathers honey and Pollen Puffs are edible.
My very own Togetic. It taps happiness of people and scatters joy-dust all over the world!
Jigglypuff helps out for sleeping (how original).
Mudsdale, Gogoat, Tauros, Lapras, any big Fly Pokémon and... ugh... Rhydon (Surf?) for transport.
Exeggutor. Its heads fall off sometimes and make a new Exeggcute. 18 eggs on one tree. Eat 12 and keep 6. Win-win.

Instead of pigs, pignites and emboars would be killed for their pork. It's bacon that cooks itself.
Drizzle can put an end to a severe drought.
Air Lock and Cloud Nine can stop rain floods.
Breloom and other spore uses can help insomniacs to fall asleep.
Using healing wish/lunar dance to heal seriously ill people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)