Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, the winner of this round is Iris ! Thanks to all participants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next round, we're going to be working with a Pokemon that was extremely popular back in XY, but sees little usage in ORAS. This round, we're building with Palkia in ORAS Ubers.

Good luck, happy building!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
reserving post for when i get home and can post my team :)

edit: ugh goddamn i forgot i deleted it last night rofl.. ehh i may build it again and post it here when its ready

Last edited:
I think primal weather killed palkia forever. It used to abuse the turns of rain left after it switches on ogre and ogre switches out to boom teams. now rip. I will try to build something however.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
I can tell one thing that it is quite difficult to make a team with it due to Primal-Groudon of course.

Y63zdgN.png
707.png
484.png
382-p.png
383-p.png
493.png

Anyways, i made a balance build around Palkia. Palkia which was one of the best mon in XY is pretty much useless now due to the addition of Primal-Groudon, Primal-Kyogre and the Lati twins. It doesn't have any niche in the current metagame, so its extremely difficult to make a solid team around it.

This team is built around Palkia. Decided to use Lustrous Orb Palkia, because only that works, even if it is a tiny bit. Standard STAB moves with toxic to put pressure on Arceus-forms and thunder is for Kyogre. Whenever, you're using something like Palkia, Lati twins etc, you need a reliable switch-in to Xerneas and Yveltal, which is the reason why i decided to use klefki. Klefki is a also a very reliable check to the Lati twins, as they can easily pressure Palkia. Primal-Groudon, best mon in the tier, was added, providing stealth rock to the team, para blocker and doing various other stuff for the team. Since the team team was Ground weak, i decided to use Salamence-mega to patch the Ground weakness. Giratina-O can also be used in place of Salamence-mega, but i think Salamence-mega is better because with refresh it can also check Ho-oh which giratina-O can't. Lastly, i decided to use Arceus-Ghost, because otherwise, the team would be really weak to Ekiller.

Importable:

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Refresh

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Conclusion:

The Outrage: you know what this team is good
The Outrage: the only flaw
The Outrage: is palkia
The Outrage: lmao

The usage of modest latios helps palkia, with a +spe nature palkia outspeeds latios netting a surprise a ko. Roar prevents setup and potentially wastes stuff like power herbs as xerneas are likely to geo or sub in front of a -2 palkia. While lo recoil sucks a life orb is needed to ohko latios and 2hko ekiller. The team itself is pretty standard, ferro to check pogre along with palkia, arc water for ho-oh, pdon + ho-oh for xern etc, mence as a wallbreaker. The fact that this team would be better off with a secondary ekiller/pdon check instead of palkia shows how it doesn't really fit on teams in oras like kyu w.

Palkia @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Roar

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 56 Def / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 56 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Arceus @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 4 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Peli

name elevated but i still act average

I made a stall build around Palkia. I started out with the classic core of Msab + Waterceus. Added in Ho-Oh because of the amazing hazard control the other two provide. Waterceus helps with Pdon and Ho-Oh, and I went with judgement over ice beam so Waterceus could check Ho-Oh better. Added Ygod as a physical wall, helping with Ekiller. Lastly I added Primal-Groudon for rocks and a check to Xern. The Palkia set is very interesting. It helps relieve some weaknesses that my team has. Palkia can get the suprise ko on Groundceus and Mega-Diancie. Sleep talk also helps alleviate my Darkrai weakness.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Sleep Talk
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Yveltal @ Dread Plate
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Toxic

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover

Last edited:

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Building around Palkia ain't that easy but I decided to give it a try. With Palkia around there aren't many Pokemons that could potentially switch-in besides the most bulky things that are needed to check other threats. As an example Arceus formes. To get rid of them I decided to use PerishTrap Mega Gengar. Another good addition to Gengar is Yveltal. Being able to check most kinds of offensiv E-Killers and being immune to psychic and ground attacks Yveltal makes a good core with Gengar. Yveltal has also access to U-Turn making it easier to lure fairy pokemon out and switch-in gengar. Giratina-O is the Primal-Groudon Check and Defoger. Arceus works good as the late game cleaner and has also a strong and reliable priority to damage a Xerneas who could potentially set-up on us. Primal Groudon has the rocks and is also checking Xerneas. Only switch it in when neccesary and don't let it take too much damage. You have Palkia for Primal-Kyogre, so there is no need to switch-in Primal Groudon everytime.
Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Sleep Talk

Gengar (F) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Substitute

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Sucker Punch

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 232 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay guys I am away next week so i'm going to end submissions tomorrow and leave voting open for all of next week (Sunday - Saturday). Just a heads up on things. Get in last submissions by tomorrow!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Palkia is a Pokemon that, akin to mons like Kyurem-White, Ho-Oh, or even Specsogre back in XY, simply needs to get into battle to wreak havoc. Due to this, Palkia thrives on offensive teams, and likes teams that can maintain offensive pressure to wear down its checks. Speaking of which, these checks are far and few in number - the only mons that can switch into Palkia are Dialga, Water/Grass/Fairyceus, and the blobs. With that knowledge, Mega Gengar is a no-brainer, decimating 5/6 of the above and trading with Dialga if need be. I'm running a Perish Song + Destiny Bond set on it, so that it beats those damn annoying status games with Arceus-*s, and it has the most potential to take down at least 1 mon with it, and 2 is more than just a possibility. From here, I don't hesitate to add in the obligatory Primal Groudon - the addition of Palkia allows the strain of checking Kyogre to be reduced, and gives me the freedom to run a more offensively inclined set featuring Overheat that gets rid of potential checks, particularly Yveltal, which can beat both Gengar and Palkia. At this point, opposing Double Dance Don shits on me if given the setup opportunity on Palkia or Gengar. With this knowledge, Calm Mind Latias is added to the team - it has synergy with Palkia in overloading its checks, provides a complete and absolute full stop to Primal Kyogre (like, the thing is utterly cockblocked by this team), and of course, checks Primal Don. It also serves as a nice little win condition when Gengar goes to work on its checks. Now, my biggest concerns are Dark and Ghost Arceus - they both kill AT MINUMUM one mon. I also have a noticeable weakness to opposing Mewtwo-*, Lati@s, Yveltal, Ghostceus, Ho-Oh and Darkrai. My dillemma - a Ho-Oh here would solve (or come close to solving) most of those problems. However, I wanted to maintain the offensive pressure that does not allow for any opportunity for Rayquaza or Salamence to set up. As such, I'm forced to add a mon that I don't particularly like - Fairyceus. In turn for accentuating the Darkrai and Ho-Oh weakness, it solves the Lati@s, Mewtwo and Yveltal problem for me while still killing Rayquaza and Mence. Lastly, I need a check to Ho-Oh, Darkrai and Ghostceus. The first thing I think of is Tyranitar. And then I realize - Tyranitar not only solves just about every problem on that list, but Excadrill offers another Xern check, and all of a sudden, literally FUCK EVERYTHING I'VE DONE UP TO THIS POINT. I tear everything you just wasted your time reading down, and start over with a squad of Tyranitar / Excadrill / Palkia / Mega Gengar. Now, Tyranitar is a blanket check to literally everything, obligatory Excadrill, and Palkia + Mega Gengar was already explained. From here, I throw back on that Latias (non CM) for reasons explained above. No CM this time, so I can focus on it helping defend against the Primals and also provide Healing Wish and Defog support for Tyranitar/Palkia. It also has good offensive synergy with Palkia, and beats a bunch of the miscellanous Arceus formes that would otherwise give me trouble. At this point, if we're doing purely theorymon, the only real threat to this team is Ghostceus, be it Swords Dance or Calm Mind. However, with the team structured the way it is, Tyranitar is impossibly overloaded with things it needs to check, so I need an Arceus-Forme that checks Ghostceus whilst relieving Tyranitar of some pressure. The only mon fitting the bill is Darkceus. Darkceus takes the pressure of Yveltal, Darkrai, Lati@s and, to some extent, Mewtwo-Y off of Tyranitar, allowing it to focus on the other threats.

What I take away from this experience - holy fuck it's hard to build with Palkia. Like, seriously, you HAVE to try to build a team that accentuates its niches, because if not, it's merely outclassed dead weight. This was painful af. ._.

A couple team specifics:

• I opted for Dragon Tail on Palkia over Toxic/Thunder Wave, because I had left that slot open during the teambuilding process. At the end of it all, my team doesn't particularly need Lugia/Arceus formes toxic'd nor para'd, and Dragon Tail is always useful chip damage that can potentially build momentum. It also forces lots of switches, wearing down checks for Darkceus to clean up. So as it turns out, Xern is much more worth Paralyzing than Dragon Tail's utility extends to.
  • Tyranitar has Low Kick over Pursuit because it doesn't really need Pursuit rofl. I mean, Pursuit trapping Lati@s/Gengar is always nice, but this team is relatively well insured vs both, and as such, Low Kick offers more general utility.
  • Swords Dance Excadrill because Rapid Spin isn't needed and Toxic is overly niche. Besides, Mega Gengar + Darkceus deal with everything Toxic would.
Thanks for reading :]

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 216 HP / 80 SpA / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Grass Knot
- Draco Meteor

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Judgment

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Image of palkia doing something.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Talk
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Blaziken (M) @ Blazikenite
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 104 SDef / 28 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Teambuilding process:
Put Palkia on and tried to use mons that would stop its checks. Aromatherepy on scarf xern to lessen the impact of keys, Prankster twave on thundurus means I can forgo twave on groudon and use toxic to punish stall more. Thundurus is used over klefki to have more offensive presense at the cost of spikes. Wisp on arc ghost cause otherwise I'm depending on speed ties to beat ekillers, and blaziken cause why not use something others havent'.

haxiom

God's not dead.
Agh sorry I'm away and forgot to open voting. Won't be as pretty as normal but entries are:

Level 56
Half of Two
Peli
It's just Lacus
Krauersaut
PoMMan

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)