Typing: The Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I think he's talking about the pokemon, not the matchup. It's somewhat true, but then again, so is ground and rock, and that's fine.
I'm just glad we aren't talking about hero and noble anymore. watch me saying that making people talking about it again.
I think that's the problem I can see in common with the debate you talked about. Types that can be seen as a cut-off or too similar to one of the official types (or even another concept!) tend to catch a little controversy here. Not always but it gets a bit more common. This is especially bad if, as Gravity Monkey pointed out, already derived from a Type with a small pool of Pokemon and have too few potentials Pokemon.

Not blaming anyone here, I just want to tell that if you don't like a concept because its too similar, you just don't need to vote for it.

How comes that people never accused Light-type to be similar with Fairy-type (or Steel, think of Flash Cannon and Mirror Shot, thanks Pika for pointing me out that) despite both uses illumination then?

Last edited:
I think that's the problem I can see in common with the debate you talked about. Types that can be seen as a cut-off or too similar to one of the official types (or even another concept!) tend to catch a little controversy here. Not always but it gets a bit more common. This is especially bad if, as Gravity Monkey pointed out, already derived from a Type with a small pool of Pokemon and have too few potentials Pokemon.

Not blaming anyone here, I just want to tell that if you don't like a concept because its too similar, you just don't need to vote for it.

How comes that people never accused Light-type to be similar with Fairy-type despite both uses illumination then?
probably because everyone's wanted light-type since the longest time and fairy-type doesn't really need illumination as part of it's type

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Okay let me at least clarify; Steel is metallic and while it can reflect light, their main specialty is the durability; and not all Bug-type can use Tail Glow and Signal Beam is based of insect signals. And why are we keep talking with Strikes?

this pet mod won't let me when we have to buff bug every slate somehow
Well, a good amount Bug-type, especially most of the early-game Bug-type, have no place in OU generally does to low BST. Volcarona is an example of a good OU Bug-type.

Okay let me at least clarify; Steel is metallic and while it can reflect light, their main specialty is the durability; and not all Bug-type can use Tail Glow and Signal Beam is based of insect signals. And why are we keep talking with Strikes?

Well, a good amount Bug-type, especially most of the early-game Bug-type, have no place in OU generally does to low BST. Volcarona is an example of a good OU Bug-type.
I know, I just wanted to be funny. But yeah, kind-of wish bug-type wasn't one of the first types you run into in a region so we can get more powerful bugs.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Invasive

Invasive is a type that focus on parasitic or invasive species. They'd be speacies who unnaturaly joined an envyroment and cause harm. Fast reproduction and aggresive expanding also may allow a mon to become Invasive.

Possible Invasive-Typed Pokémon:

invasive.png

...no explaination needed

invasive.png
and
invasive.png

Based off of real invasive species. Rattata are non-native and widespread, while Gumshoos was brought to hunt them down, but ended up being an invasive species itself since it hunts at day while Rattata go out at night.

invasive.png

Most Dex Entries mention them as coming from overseas, breeding quickly and causing harm to the envyroment. All of these fit under the Invasive category.

invasive.png

Based on Feral Cats on Hawaii, who have become invasive. They were brought to the royals in past times, but once the royalty was no longer around, they gone back to nature. They are also widely spread across Alola.

invasive.png

This fish is everywhere, breeds fast and cannot be eaten. Magikarp is adapted to live in any kind of body of water (Acording to dex entries). If we count how many fish-based pokémon there are in each region, it composes 50% in Kanto, 43% in Hoenn (Closest to this is at 15%) and 46% of Sinnoh, as well as 30% of Alola. Irl, invasive carps can cause harms to an ecosystem, decreasing the ammount of vegetation and increases ammonium concentrates.

invasive.png

Doves were brought to the American states (Which is where Unova would be located) by mankind and due to lack of predators, just spread everywhere. They also carry tons of diseases

invasive.png

The Mushroom is a parasite. Not much to explain

invasive.png

invasive.png

invasive.png

invasive.png

invasive.png

invasive.png

All UBs are invasive species
*In case any of Blood / Food wins, replace secondary type (Buzzwole / Guzzlord) by these

invasive.png

Invasive to Alola + literally invades Nebby's body

Possible Type Effectiveness:

Strong Vs.

Heart
Viruses fuck up your health

Normal
I'd see Normal as creatures who are used to the envyroment. They'd be affected by an invasive species

Ground, Water
Invasive species mess up envyroment. This is the closest we have to that.

Space
Space is easy to invade now that I think about it.

NvE Vs.

Dragon
Try to invade a Dragon's lair. You'll get yo ass beaten

Psychic
One cannot invade a well-trained mind

Fire
Don't invade a burning thing.

Weak To

Psychic
The best way to kill off an invasive species is to capture and eliminate that species from that area, or relocate the species. So, strategy kind of makes sense

Ghost
Cause they are spirits who could not possibly suffer from envyromental changes created by the invasive species

Poison
Pesticides and stuff (as suggested)

Resists

Water, Ground
All can be taken as envyroments, which invasive species adapt to easly

Normal, Bug
Regular creatures are usually harmed by the invasive ones

I'll think of retyped moves later. Open to suggestions about anything

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Invasive

Invasive is a type that focus on parasitic or invasive species. They'd be speacies who unnaturaly joined an envyroment and cause harm. Fast reproduction and aggresive expanding also may allow a mon to become Invasive.

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585
and View attachment 132585

Based off of real invasive species. Rattata are non-native and widespread, while Gumshoos was brought to hunt them down, but ended up being an invasive species itself since it hunts at day while Rattata go out at night.

View attachment 132585

Most Dex Entries mention them as coming from overseas, breeding quickly and causing harm to the envyroment. All of these fit under the Invasive category.

View attachment 132585

Based on Feral Cats on Hawaii, who have become invasive. They were brought to the royals in past times, but once the royalty was no longer around, they gone back to nature. They are also widely spread across Alola.

View attachment 132585

This fish is everywhere, breeds fast and cannot be eaten. Magikarp is adapted to live in any kind of body of water (Acording to dex entries). If we count how many fish-based pokémon there are in each region, it composes 50% in Kanto, 43% in Hoenn (Closest to this is at 15%) and 46% of Sinnoh, as well as 30% of Alola. Irl, invasive carps can cause harms to an ecosystem, decreasing the ammount of vegetation and increases ammonium concentrates.

View attachment 132585

Doves were brought to the American states (Which is where Unova would be located) by mankind and due to lack of predators, just spread everywhere. They also carry tons of diseases

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

*In case any of Blood / Light / Food wins, replace secondary type (Buzzwole / Xurkitree / Guzzlord) by these

View attachment 132585

Strong Vs.

Heart

Normal
I'd see Normal as creatures who are used to the envyroment. They'd be affected by an invasive species

Grass

NvE Vs.

Space
(Immune)
You can't invade space lol

Dragon

Psychic

Fire

Weak To

Fire
Fire destroys envyroments. No more envyroment, no more place to be invasive over

Ghost
Cause they are spirits who could not possibly suffer from envyromental changes created by the invasive species

Resists

Water, Ground, Grass, Flying
All 4 can be taken as envyroments, which invasive species adapt to easly

Normal, Bug, Fairy

Just when I thought ppl couldn't get more creative. I think it has way too many resistances TBH. I would think an invasive typing too be a hyper offensive one

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Invasive

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

*In case any of Blood / Light / Food wins, replace secondary type (Buzzwole / Xurkitree / Guzzlord) by these

View attachment 132585

Strong Vs.

Heart

Normal

Grass

NvE Vs.

Space
(Immune)

Dragon

Psychic

Fire

Weak To

Fire
Fire destroys envyroments. No more envyroment, no more place to be invasive over

Ghost

Resists

Normal, Bug, Fairy

I agree with G-Luke about if people couldn't be anymore creative (and that is just incredible), but also that it could get too many resistences (well, potentially). One concern is that Xurkitree isn't supposed to be Invasive / Light (if both types win over time), as it would strip away Xurkitree's important Electric-type. Its more of a question which Type Xurkitree will get first without completely abandonning its Electric-type.

Invasive

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

View attachment 132585

Strong Vs.

Heart

Normal

Grass

NvE Vs.

Space
(Immune)

Dragon

Psychic

Fire

Weak To

Fire

Ghost

Resists

Normal, Bug, Fairy

I like it, but You can invade space. We're literally doing that with rockets and such. Also, i don't see why fairy, grass, and flying are resisted by it. That just seems to be overkill. Fairy aren't "regular" to any extent, and Grass and Flying don't really seem like environments, just what the pokemon are. Water, Ground, and Bug are all it needs to resist, maybe normal if you want to add a fourth one. I don't see why fire is SE against it, as it just destroys the environment, not the pokemon itself. if the environment is destroyed, invasive species will likely just move. also, you pointed out that water and ground are environments, and Ground easily fits more than grass does in that aspect, so.... maybe change it's SE on grass to ground.

Grass is the world’s most successful invasive species. One day some millions of years ago it started growing and just never stopped. It’s so successful we can see grasslands from space. That doesn’t even get into plants who can also be invasive.

I’m also not a fan of yet another type whose SE hits are just starter type or and normal.

I’d say dragons should be weak. Dragons tend to go endangered when smaller creatures steals their food supplies or encroach on their domains. It’s why they’re so rare or something.

Grass is the world’s most successful invasive species. One day some millions of years ago it started growing and just never stopped. It’s so successful we can see grasslands from space. That doesn’t even get into plants who can also be invasive.

I’m also not a fan of yet another type whose SE hits are just starter type or and normal.

I’d say dragons should be weak. Dragons tend to go endangered when smaller creatures steals their food supplies or encroach on their domains. It’s why they’re so rare or something.
I've never heard of that kind of dragon. most dragons are made out to be the gods or the ultimate beasts of the world they're in, able to take out anything trying to approach their territory.

I've never heard of that kind of dragon. most dragons are made out to be the gods or the ultimate beasts of the world they're in, able to take out anything trying to approach their territory.
Most dragons are too big and breed too slowly to invade. This is why grass, insects and rodents can invade well. They grow fast and breed rapidly. Dragons live for an eternity sure, but how often do they multiply. This is a trouble for megafauna who have adaptation problems and dragons certainly don’t see m numerous enough to be invasive.

since everyone's doing it i might as well give my thoughts on types

Tbh given that the whole point of this type is just to make sure Light works properly (which could also be done in ways that don't permanently scar the type chart), and the fact that I can't imagine any moves for it, I don't like this one.
Also the Tapus are really morally ambiguous, especially Tapu "gives you cancer and/or immense thirst for violence, all for its own amusement" Lele.
Actually, scratch that, Tapu Lele is just plain evil.

Now this, this is the stuff. Though, in my opinion, Necrozma should be Light-type in all forms, because it is literally a being that, at core, is composed of light.

I can't wait for Water 2-type, Ditto-type, and Humanshape-type

Good concept, but glass is Rock, not Ice (see Nihilego... outside of this mod, anyway). Also, sound travels faster through solids, and if you want to go "oh, but it muffles it", so does water.

Half of those aren't even chaotic, and holy shit those matchup reasonings. Do you even know what a fairy is? Since when has Steel represented cities????? what????

Half of this is just Poison 2, and the other half is Wood-tier reasoning for why this isn't Poison 2. Half of the "non-Poison" options are 'mons that should have been Poison-type in the first place. Electric eels aren't even really eels. And no, no mention of acid is made in Accelgor's 'dex entries, though there are a few mentions of poison.

This is a type you don't see every day, and it has an awful lot of fitting 'mons. I'd personally cut Heatmor and add Guzzlord, but meh. Not sure how matchups would work, but it could be made to happen. If the winning type isn't QUOTE]
WIP

lemme vacation in peace

Most dragons are too big and breed too slowly to invade. This is why grass, insects and rodents can invade well. They grow fast and breed rapidly. Dragons live for an eternity sure, but how often do they multiply. This is a trouble for megafauna who have adaptation problems and dragons certainly don’t see m numerous enough to be invasive.
I'm sorry, but..... a single dragon can pretty much invade whatever it wants, as long as you don't get a hero that can stop it, it can take over a castle or pretty much whatever in most media. And also, just "not being invasive" doesn't mean it should be weak to invading-type. It can keep out anything that tries to invades it's territory.

Also, While i'm replying, I might as well ask for some talk about my hero-type matchup since the most i've gotten for it is changing it to be weak to time-type instead of resisting it.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Potential Effectiveness
The Hero Type is made to be a counterpart for Evil-type, but that doesn't mean that it'll be super good against it. on the Contrary, I think that Counterparts have to be, well, a dangerous thing to fight against. So, here's how the potential will be.

Offensive:
x2: Dark (Heroes can easily turn evil into Heroes), Dragon (most Stories have heroes fighting dragons and winning), Ghost (Heroes are normally unafraid and able to face their fears, which fear is best represented with Ghost-type)
x.5: Normal (Heroes protect normal people, not fight them), Fairy (Fairies usually give heroes their power in fairy tales), Heart (Those with powerful hearts can influence a hero)

Defensive:
x2: Dark (while Heroes can turn evil good, Evil can do the same to good.), Heart (See above), Fighting (A stronger fighter can overpower even a hero in some cases)
x.5: Dragon (See above), Ghost (See above), Normal (While heroes do not fight normal people, normal people usually have no chance at overpowering a hero as well.), Time (Heroes usually stand the test of time to live "forever", in a sense)
The offensive x2 sounds too similar to Fairy-type but with Ghost instead of Fighting. And since it have three all across (unless you put Time in 2x defensive), it may end up being a jack-of-all-trade, master of none, so maybe make Hero SE against Psychic (a hero can take on even a mastermind if the hero knows what's he/she is doing and who is he/she is dealing with).

The offensive x2 sounds too similar to Fairy-type but with Ghost instead of Fighting. And since it have three all across (unless you put Time in 2x defensive), it may end up being a jack-of-all-trade, master of none, so maybe make Hero SE against Psychic (a hero can take on even a mastermind if the hero knows what's he/she is doing and who is he/she is dealing with).
Ooh! I actually like that! I might remove ghost and add another type if someone can give me a better type that represents "Fear", and I think I might move time to a SE since it has 4 resists and only 3 weaknesses.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't quite get what you mean by this.

As for dragon, I think 5 SE hits are good enough, and I've never heard of dragons that get invaded easly and get food stolen. I couldn't think of any mon to be Grass / Invasive, but I see your point

Unrelated, but I've made icons for the Gems:
heart gem.png
time gem.png
space gem.png

And for Stardust, here's the in-game icon:
stardust.png

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Unrelated, but I've made icons for the Gems:
View attachment 132729View attachment 132730View attachment 132731

And for Stardust, here's the in-game icon:
View attachment 132732
Looks pretty! I like how the Space Gem reflects' the Space-type's icon design.

Also, I had made a list of potential Pokémon with low BST (< 500) and those with a rather mediocre stat distribution. I excluded my Light-type since I already know more than half of my potential have lower than 500 BST.
  • Toucannon line (Sound/Flying) 485 BST
  • Hariyama line (Fighting/Noble or Fighting/Food) 474 BST
  • Zangoose (Normal/Chaos) 458 BST
  • Banette (Ghost/Chaos) 455 BST
    • Mega Banette (Ghost/Chaos) 555 BST
  • Raticate (Chaos or Invasive) 413 BST
    • Alolan Raticate (Dark/Chaos or Dark/Invasive) 413 BST
  • Chatot (Flying/Sound) 411 BST
  • Escavalier (Bug/Noble) 495 BST + Speed too low (20)
  • Tauros (Chaos) 490 BST
  • Exploud (Sound) 490 BST
  • Wigglytuff (Sound/Fairy) 435 BST
  • Whimsicott (Grass/Fey) 480 BST
  • Dodrio (Flying/Chaos) 470 BST
  • Absol (Chaos or Noble or Hero) 465 BST
    • Mega Absol (Chaos or Noble or Hero) 565 BST
  • Seviper (Poison/Chaos) 458 BST
  • Kricketune (Bug/Sound) 384 BST
  • Chimecho (Sound/Psychic) 455 BST
  • Mismagius (Ghost/Fey) 495 BST
  • Lapras (Water/Monster) Stats being mediocre compared to others in OU, other than HP.
  • Emboar (Fire/Monster or Fire/Food) Too slow and bad defenses despite high HP.
  • Malamar (Monster/Psychic) 482 BST
  • Druddigon (Dragon/Monster) 485 BST
  • Avalugg (Ice/Monster) Very, very slow and poor Special Defense.
  • Miltank (Food) 490 BST
  • Swalot (Poison/Food) 467 BST
  • Grumpig (Psychic/Food) 470 BST
  • Simipour/Simisage/Simisear (Water-Grass-Fire/Food) 498 BST
  • Heatmor (Fire/Food) 484 BST
  • Slurpuff (Food/Fairy) 480 BST
  • Tsareena (Grass/Food) 520 BST but HP and Speed are too low to back Tsareena up in OU.
  • Plusle (Electric/Blood) 405 BST
  • Minun (Electric/Blood) 405 BST
  • Primeape (Fighting/Blood) 455 BST
  • Gorebyss (Water/Blood) 485 BST
  • Crobat (Blood/Flying) 535 BST, but Attack is too low to help and it have no ways to boost its Attack w/o Choice Band.
  • Gumshoos (Normal/Invasive) 418 BST
  • Crawdaunt (Water/Invasive) 468 BST
  • Alolan Persian (Invasive or Invasive/Dark) 440 BST
  • Unfezant (Invasive/Flying) 488 BST
  • Parasect (Invasive/Bug) 405 BST
  • Infernape (Fire/Hero) 534 BST, but the power creep had caught up. Not the top priority, but at most we would give it +5 to Attack and Special Attack, and +10 to Speed.

Yes, a few of them are closer to 500 BST, but in comparison, Clefable have very great Abilities to work with, Mawile and Sableye have a strong Mega Evolution (also Medicham while we are on it), and the Tapus didn't make Hawlucha unviable, but instead make the latter an excellent teammate as it can abuse the Terrain Seeds. None of the ones on the list have any of those tools. Those with even lower BST (Minun and Plusle comes to mind) tend to have priority over those who are closer to 500 BST.

Last edited:
Looks pretty! I like how the Space Gem reflects' the Space-type's icon design.

Also, I had made a list of potential Pokémon with low BST (< 500) and those with a rather mediocre stat distribution. I excluded my Light-type since I already know more than half of my potential have lower than 500 BST.
  • Absol (Chaos or Noble) 465 BST
    • Mega Absol (Chaos or Noble) 565 BST
no mention of my hero-type absol? oof
edit: i don't know why it appeared in the quote.
second edit: cool edit so ignore this post now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)