Trying somethings new

Okay I am trying out some completly new things with this team, like taking pokemon I rarely use and going far less defensive than I normaly do.

This teams main purpose is to sweep with Heatran and anything faster lucario can take care of,well its how I would like it to go but of course nothings ever that simple. Since both my sweepers are earthquake weak thats were my immune pokemon come in, they switch in and either take no damage (or very little) and procede to try and counter the big threats.
Not much stalling going on, unless you count the gliscors stealth rocks, that is mainly force my opponents to switch to a spinner so I can eliminate it.

Heatran: Choice specs
Mild nature 252SpAtk 252Spd 6HP Evs
Flamethrower
Dragon pulse
Earth power
Explosion
The lead, although I might swap him round with Lucario, dunno might need some playtesting.
Anyway, I have tested this heatran setup seperatly and was rather pleased with the results, another thing he can be used for is switching in if I expect any fire attacks coming (and with 2 other pokemon weak to it I expect that will happen quite a bit).

Lucario: Life orb
Adamant nature 252Atk 252Spd 6HP Evs
Close combat
Ice punch/Crunch
Extremespeed
Swords dance
A swords dance lucario which is very different from the normal specs one I use. I plan to breed furiously before giving a lucario ice punch (but it seems its agianst the rules to put platinum moves in so I put another option in incase lucario dosent get ice pnuch :p). I am still undecided on his item so I would appreciate help here.

Bronzong: Leftovers
Sassy nature 252HP 86Atk 80Def 92SpDef Evs
Gyro ball
Explosion
Hypnosis
Earthquake
One of my walls, a major attraction to this team is the levitate ability, with it I can protect my Heatran and Lucario far better. Hypnosis helps imobilise the opponent and let my sweepers setup after a switch.
The extra special defence is welcomed as I have two phisical walls already.

Vaporeon: Leftovers
Bold nature 252HP 252Def 6SpAtk Evs
Surf
Ice beam
Wish
Yawn
My main way of recovery on the team, also I love the massive defenses of this pokemon. Ice beam is mainly to take care of dragons who would otherwise run riot on most of my pokemon. Yawn is to help either get a free turn or send a pokemon who would threaten vaporeon/my team running or into dreamland.

Gliscor: Leftovers
Impish nature 252HP 252Def 6Atk
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Stealth rock
Roost
My second phisical wall, the electric and ground immunity really benefits the other members of my team. I kept aerial ace mainly because I have found it very useful on pokemon that have been immune to earthquake in the past, but if someone can sudgest a better option then I am all ears.

Froslass: Leftovers
Timid nature 252SpAtk 252Spd 6HP
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Thunder wave
Destiny bond
Mainly here to cripple my opponents making them easier for my sweepers to tear apart, unless she can handle them herself.
Another thing is to block rapid spinners, Starmie,Tentaruel and Donphan certainly wont like super effective attacks being pelted at them (I hope).
Also destiny bond is a really useful move if I some pokemon is doing major damage to my team and it needs to go.

Threat wise I think I have quite a few covered, but I would prefer another opinon(s) (also I cant seem to find the threat list right now :p).

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In order to set up a heatran sweep, you really need to do the following

Take care of Bulky Waters and Blissey. Lucario isn't really dealing with either - Lucario can't OHKO most Bulky Waters not to mention it's going to be scared as hell to take it on, and Blissey isn't afraid to throw around TWaves since there isn't Garchomp to laugh at you anymore. Your team can't really deal with them... sure you have Vappy, but Vappy isn't doing anything back to them either, and Froslass is far too fragile and the lack of a recovery move really really hampers its ability.

Soooo I would recommend getting something that would scare the hell out of Bulky Waters first, like Celebi.I would recommend removing Froslass - consdering "you really don't need to block spinners", and you can deal with Starmie and Donphan well enough with Celebi. Tentacruel isn't doing much unless it's one of those crazy Poison Jab sets. Celebi can also Heal Bell - something that can save your sweep later - and let your Lucario switch into Blissey (watch out for Flamethrower!)

(Thinks: where did that other comment go? oh well).

Thanks for the helpful advice Tangerine but there are a few problems.

The 1st being I am not playing shoddy. This leads to the next problem, I only have one celebi and its moveset cannot deal with bulky waters well (scares them off but just delays the enevitable) and since its my only celebi I cannot change its moveset/nature/EVs now. And I only got my single celebi due to a mix of sheer luck and someone being very kind.

Although you have made me think about bulky grass types (thinks: Hmmm mabye tangrowth? or mabye even giveing lucario thunderpunch)

I don't understand why people see any Choiced pokemon as a sweeper. It's just a hard hitter opening holes for sweepers who won't have to worry about pressure from one move. Also to mention that it Explodes, so yeah. May I suggest a Life Orb set instead? It's something to consider if the fact that the Specs locking you into one move bothers you. If deciding on LO may I suggest removing Explosion. Now I'm only saying this because you want your sweep revolved around Heatran, otherwise Specs or better yet Scarf. I personally believe a Lucario based sweep is more efficient, but hey it's your team and I'm just here to make suggestions.

Another thing to take note is that if you're focused on Heatran to sweep, it wouldnt make sense to use it as your lead at all. Bronzong is a superior lead, in this case. Also, Stealth Rock is essential as well, so replace Earthquake with SR.

Also, Frosslass is not gonna help Heatran's sweep at all. Agreeing with Tangerine that Celebi should go over Frosslass, and make it a CM set. Yes I do understand this is for Wi-Fi and that you don't sav so notice how I'm not making EV spread suggestions, and also that you can't change your Celebi spread. You got TMs? Meh, get sav lol.

Replace Yawn for Protect on Vaporeon, as I do see Mixape giving you hell, and Vaporeon will be your only hope from this, and Protect can help ensure you can take a hit. Another reason to try a Scarftran as well. Also, maybe try CM Cune over Vaporeon for greater offensive purposes, and also to beat Blissey aside from Lucario (saying this you must ahve Rest on Cune if you try it out) One more thing, Life Orb Lucario is better than Focus Sash.

Although I do like how your using Zong, Vappy, Gliscor combo. It's still one of the best wall formations to date.

I don't understand why people see any Choiced pokemon as a sweeper. It's just a hard hitter opening holes for sweepers who won't have to worry about pressure from one move. Also to mention that it Explodes, so yeah. May I suggest a Life Orb set instead? It's something to consider if the fact that the Specs locking you into one move bothers you. If deciding on LO may I suggest removing Explosion. Now I'm only saying this because you want your sweep revolved around Heatran, otherwise Specs or better yet Scarf. I personally believe a Lucario based sweep is more efficient, but hey it's your team and I'm just here to make suggestions.
Well as I said at the begining of the team I could always use lucario as the lead and have heatran as a later game sweeper, although I really would like to use specs on Heatran as it dosent bother me, far from it I actually prefer it since the last time I used it I got a 6-0 (not that that will happpen alot, but it shows why I like the item on him).

Another thing to take note is that if you're focused on Heatran to sweep, it wouldnt make sense to use it as your lead at all. Bronzong is a superior lead, in this case. Also, Stealth Rock is essential as well, so replace Earthquake with SR.
I would rather replace explosion than earthquake as otherwise bronzong is left with only an 8PP attack that really only works on speedy foes to defend himself.

Also, Frosslass is not gonna help Heatran's sweep at all. Agreeing with Tangerine that Celebi should go over Frosslass, and make it a CM set. Yes I do understand this is for Wi-Fi and that you don't sav so notice how I'm not making EV spread suggestions, and also that you can't change your Celebi spread. You got TMs? Meh, get sav lol.
Well I still cant change my celebis moveset becasue its actually on one of my other teams useing a different setup (and working very well there).

Replace Yawn for Protect on Vaporeon, as I do see Mixape giving you hell, and Vaporeon will be your only hope from this, and Protect can help ensure you can take a hit. Another reason to try a Scarftran as well. Also, maybe try CM Cune over Vaporeon for greater offensive purposes, and also to beat Blissey aside from Lucario (saying this you must ahve Rest on Cune if you try it out) One more thing, Life Orb Lucario is better than Focus Sash.
If infernape is giving me trouble then the last thing I want to do is switch to useing suicune, Vaporeon is far lighter aganist grass knot which is what I need here. I tried to counter an ape with my suicune a while back, it did not turn out well for me.
Also, thanks for telling me the item for lucario I have seen both being used and didnt know which one would work better.

Although I do like how your using Zong, Vappy, Gliscor combo. It's still one of the best wall formations to date.
Thankyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)