Tournaments on PS!

Hello all!

As you probably know by now, PS has a (beta) tournaments script up and running across the server! The script is easier to use, easier to manage, and much slicker. It was programmed by kota/victini/pika, and is definitely an improvement on Challonge tours.

But, naturally with any new feature on PS, there's going to be a bug or two. So we've created this thread for you to post any bug reports, general questions, or suggestions you might have to be added.

The number of people working on the programming of the script is very small, so your bug reports and suggestions might not be addressed immediately, but we hope they can be fixed/implemented as soon as possible.

We're also going to be launching a page on the sim hub, and we'll be including an FAQ on that, which will mostly be formed from any questions we get from here or on the sim. The hub will also include script guides and other PS tournaments information. Feel free to post any questions you might have on the tournaments room itself or the script in this thread; we'll try to respond to them promptly.
-----​
Bugs:

Suggestions:

FAQ:
Q: Why can only ROs start tournaments?
A: Other ranks will be able to start tournaments eventually, but the server isn't stable enough for that right now.

Q: What do I do if my opponent is not responding/offline?
A: PM a Room Owner (#) their username, and they will investigate. When other ranks have tournament permissions, then you will be able to PM them.

-----​
Any general announcements regarding the script will be posted here.

General announcements:

Last edited:
Sometimes when joining these tourneys, I tend to disconnect and unable to rejoin battle making me lose or Ill make a move but timer still counts down. Only happens when I join these tourneys. Not every tourney but most of the ones I join in tourneys room.

This is likely due to the lag that these big tournaments cause. It's something that's being worked on, we know it's an issue. If the situation arises where you get DCd from a battle and manage to get back on, contact an RO so they can facilitate a battle between you and your opponent outside of the script's battle challenge system, and they can simply disqualify whoever loses.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What if someone choose the wrong team?

Will the ability for tourney masters to null certain battles ever be available?

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assuming your opponent will co-operate, a solution to this would be to challenge them manually, and whoever loses in that battle can simply forfeit in the 'official' battle. It would probably be a good idea to let a RO know that you are doing this to avoid any confusion.

Could there be something worked in so that other ranks besides RO can dq people? I know it's reserved to RO starting the tours for the sake of lag. But when someone isn't responding or 'cheating' it would be awesome if other people besides the RO could handle it.

That'll be implemented eventually. Like Vacate said, the server isn't stable enough atm to give anybody but ROs those permissions

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Could it be made possible to hide the Join/leave/battle messages tournaments generate? I found that when a new tournament start with a lot of people, it's impossible to keep track of what anyone is saying. The chat is just filled with "[name] has joined the tournament" or "A battle started between [names]". This mostly happens in busy rooms, but it's very annoying when it does.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could it be made possible to hide the Join/leave/battle messages tournaments generate? I found that when a new tournament start with a lot of people, it's impossible to keep track of what anyone is saying. The chat is just filled with "[name] has joined the tournament" or "A battle started between [names]". This mostly happens in busy rooms, but it's very annoying when it does.
This has actually been suggested, but instead of taking them away as a whole, it will appear as /showjoin command where it can show multiple people joining/leaving at once rather than one by one. I hope you find this okay, I'll message you if it does get updated and added. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

As I have said in the room, although I am not sure this is an actual glitch, once you have lost in the tourney, you can then still disqualify yourself with /tour leave. This removes the 'There are currently no new matches available for you. Please wait for some other battles to end.' message below the scripted tourney itself. This doesn't do anything major to the system, its just a small thing. Also, once you rejoin the room after leaving it the 'There are currently no new matches available for you. Please wait for some other battles to end.' message reappears. Other than that I have had no issues!

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you make it so Room Owners can give the power to start tourneys to others? Like /tour permission <user> or something like that

Can you make it so Room Owners can give the power to start tourneys to others? Like /tour permission <user> or something like that
There are plans for lower staff members such as mods to be able to use tournament commands but since it puts such a strain on the server when big tournaments are made such as in the tournaments room or the overused room the permission is only for room owners at this time.

Hopefully in the near future mods will have this power

I get spammed by challenge notifications each time a tournament battle starts in the room until I accept my challenge. Does this happen for anyone else?

I get spammed by challenge notifications each time a tournament battle starts in the room until I accept my challenge. Does this happen for anyone else?
If you have your pop out notification thingies turned on then yes they overlap a lot especially if it's not single elimination.

However I don't see a reason why this should occur during a single elimination tournament

Why me and my brother cant play a tour can you change that thing?
if your on the same IP address then I don't believe you can have multiple accounts enter the same tournament. This is because I could make 5 accounts and enter the same tournament to increase my chances of success. Its a preventative measure to stop people abusing multiple accounts. Unfortunately I don't see this changing any time soon

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
I wish there is a command for joining in as a sub.

In the last scripted tourny a user was DQd after hitting the button to accept his first battle. His modlog is empty and I'm pretty sure none of the staff DQd him, so I'm posting it here in case it's a bug. Username is santysas, and this happened during the RU tour at 19:30 GMT in the tours room.

I often make scripted tours in the UBERS room but sometimes the /tour autodq doesn't work. like i'll set it for half a min or something and then 3 mins later i have to manually DQ someone who's not in the room or AFK when they should have been auto dq.

BPC

"Silence is the best answer to a stupid question"
Same happens with me, same problem as penguin.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Recently they added a player cap option. Did this override the ability to do multi tier tours? (double elim, triple elim, etc)
I can't find the option for that anywhere in the code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)