[Tournament Policy] Drug Tests for Tour Players

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
The doctors and scientists at BP Industries have just concluded an important experiment regarding the effects of THC while engaging in competitive battling. We have no concrete evidence or numbers to provide you so you'll just have to trust the science. Our scientists played competitive Pokémon for years without the use of THC and were mediocre at best. Then for two years our scientists smoked 3 times a day every day and played Pokémon. We saw an uptick in battles won and excellent teams built. While you could still describe them as mediocre their plays were anything but as successful doubling was something they had learned to do while intoxicated with THC. After these results then let them play sober for a year to see if maybe they had just gotten better at the game. What we found may shock you. We found that, again, they were best described as borderline mediocre. This is clear evidence that the effects of THC, a schedule one drug, helps increase a players ability. This should now be classified as a PED.

Now Smogon, I ask you, do we allow this PED in our Tournament games or does this ruin the sanctity of our high level tournaments? I for one think that all prominent tour players should be drug tested before the beginning of each tour and bi-weekly during the tournament.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
this is yet another unfair hit towards my good friend zf; he lives in a state where ketamine is legal for recreational use (NJ) but I am sure that the TD team doesn't care about its playerbase enough to allow mr forever to continue what has lead to his success up until this point

Mathy

F░U░R░R░E░T░ I░N░ B░I░O░
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
this is yet another unfair hit towards my good friend zf; he lives in a state where ketamine is legal for recreational use (NJ) but I am sure that the TD team doesn't care about its playerbase enough to allow mr forever to continue what has lead to his success up until this point
so what you're saying is, TDs hate to see a bitch from new jersey winning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)