The UU Open XI - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
This is pretty late so if you need an extension just let me know. Subbing in the remaining 4 matchups:

TDNT vs faded love

ACR1 vs Ash4Smash

QWILY vs Melle2402

TeamCharm vs Yokago

Likely goes without saying but subs are no longer being accepted.
Sorry but why am I getting a sub at this point in time? It’s 3 days from the deadline. I’m already swamped with other tours & Irl stuff…This makes absolutely zero sense & I’m not going to be able to play until next weekend.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Sorry but why am I getting a sub at this point in time? It’s 3 days from the deadline. I’m already swamped with other tours & Irl stuff…This makes absolutely zero sense & I’m not going to be able to play until next weekend.
you still have 6 days to get it done! if your opponent had replied today you would be expected to find time to play them, your new opponent is no different. i understand that you have other commitments but those are things you should factor in when signing up for these tournaments. if you can't find time to play within the next 6 days (you have till Wednesday since I'm automatically extending these) that's on you, sorry.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
you still have 6 days to get it done! if your opponent had replied today you would be expected to find time to play them, your new opponent is no different. i understand that you have other commitments but those are things you should factor in when signing up for these tournaments. if you can't find time to play within the next 6 days (you have till Wednesday since I'm automatically extending these) that's on you, sorry.
the round has been up for almost two weeks now and you give me an opponent with 3 days left….please tell me how that makes sense at all. It doesn’t. & the weekdays don’t count as that won’t work with our schedules. If I would have gotten this opponent a bit sooner it would have been a lot easier

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
the round has been up for almost two weeks now and you give me an opponent with 3 days left….please tell me how that makes sense at all. It doesn’t. & the weekdays don’t count as that won’t work with our schedules. If I would have gotten this opponent a bit sooner it would have been a lot easier
It would’ve been easier, but realistically this round was initially supposed to be only a week before we pushed it due to the UU suspect and giving 3 days (including two weekend days) + three days into the next week as an extension for any late pairing is essentially a full round.

If we can simulate a week and get people who want to play in the tournament, then we will just like we have in pretty much every prior tournament.

Tell your opponent every time you can play over the next few days and the first 3 days of next week. Have them tell you the same. If none of those times work, add Lily/me to the conversation and we will happily work towards a solution.

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm
It would’ve been easier, but realistically this round was initially supposed to be only a week before we pushed it due to the UU suspect and giving 3 days (including two weekend days) + three days into the next week as an extension for any late pairing is essentially a full round.

If we can simulate a week and get people who want to play in the tournament, then we will just like we have in pretty much every prior tournament.

Tell your opponent every time you can play over the next few days and the first 3 days of next week. Have them tell you the same. If none of those times work, add Lily/me to the conversation and we will happily work towards a solution.
I’m only available for a couple of hours on Sunday morning -5. Looks like Tarremblu and Socrates both just called act so they could easily get my oppo if my oppo can’t play then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)