The Third Stage Tournament - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm

The Third Stage Tournament

With the recent banning of Latias and Salamence, the OU tier has experienced massive changes. Do you miss using these two superstar Dragons as well as any other once OU Pokemon? Do you just like the various suspect metagames? Well, this is the tournament for you. The Third Stage Tournament brings back all the Suspects from the Stage 3 component of Smogon's suspect tests. Each round, one Suspect Pokemon will be banned. So let's get right to it!

General Tournament Rules
Sign-ups
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5

Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • No Ubers may be used, with the exception of Deoxys-S, Garchomp, Shaymin-S, Manaphy, Latios, Latias and Salamence. This will change throughout the tournament.
Semi-Finals Special Rules:

Manaphy has now been banned. You may not use Manaphy for the rest of the tournament.

Pairings:

Fried Rhys vs. Bluewind
reachzero vs. TV-Rocka

Deadline for extended matches is 4th October 10:00pm GMT+10
Deadline for Semi-finals is 14th October 10:00pm GMT+10

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, can I get to know why Tay got an activity win over me? Ever since I got to know he was my opponent (which wasn't long ago, as Plopper didn't bother showing up for us to battle) I have been online everyday. I took some little time to build my team, but I have been ready since Sunday. In that very same day Tay PMed me and asked me what was a good time for us to battle, and I gave him a time during the week. From that moment on I have been online everyday from around 1 to 5 PM (the time I PMed him was 1-4 PM), added to logging on later every day to see if he was online, and he never showed up or PMed me back. Finally, Tay himself admitted on another tournament thread his schedule really sucked this week and he'd probably have to wait for the weekend to battle. I'm not asking for an activity win here, but I'd like to be given an extention at least (especially given this is a quarterfinals match, and because Plopper and Light-Kun got theirs).

Well, you didn't make any posts after you were moved ahead. Your case sounds reasonable though, extension granted. If the worst comes to worst, coinflips will decide the match.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
Saturday is a very tough day for me... as I'll be taking a test at the time Tay proposed me, but I'll be available on Friday and Sunday. I'll try my best to find a way.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bluewind beat me, game down down to us both banking on some approximately 80% chances. GG man, it was fun.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
I VMed Fried Rhys yesterday but he went offline shortly after that. Have sent him a PM just now, hopefully we can get it done asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)