The RU Open VII - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
activity win request, after some scheduling issues we managed to find a time where we would both be available (saturday 4pm gmt+2). He didn't appear and has made no further suggestions or similar contact to get this done.
if requested i can add you to the conversation where the scheduling happened Nat

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
R1 ends Monday at 8:00 am, GMT -4. Because of this, I'll be tagging matchups that are at risk of being coinflipped come tomorrow, as there isn't adequate enough information available to me to consider other options. IF YOU ARE LISTED BELOW AND WISH TO CALL ACTIVITY ON YOUR OPPONENT, PLEASE PROVIDE VISIBLE EVIDENCE OF YOU DESERVING SAID ACTIVITY.

Any game not listed here that hasn't been played is currently a clear activity decision, or is scheduled to be played today. If you need an extension, most definitely make note of it here.

Last edited:
We all know how according to Smogon norms how typically you are not supposed to type long posts in round one and yadda yadda, but frankly, I do not care. I just want to share a few thoughts. You can say whatever you want about it for all I care, it really does not matter to me. Anyway, here goes nothing:

Mons as a whole has been a royal pain in the ass for a good two or three months now, where everything went south for no particular reason whatsoever. In the beginning I would try my very best, putting a lot of effort into building and playing, only to end up losing to something out of my control, which obviously made the game anything but fun for me to play. This also made me lose a lot of motivation to even try at all, which eventually led to me signing up for stuff, not trying at all, then losing and in the end it just was not a fun experience. The latter part is all on me, though.

The series that I just played, however, was something that I very much enjoyed.

First of all, massive shoutouts to the very nice user Pantalone for being so cool about this whole process of scheduling and whatnot. While I was away on vacation with my family I had to be social (and wanted to be, for that matter). I never knew what we were doing up until right before we were going places, which led to scheduling being a very hard process. You were really mature about it all and I want you to know that truly do appreciate that, as I was super stressed about being so hard to schedule with. I had a lot of fun, and you seem like a really nice guy. I hope you had a decent experience as well, even if you got the shorter end of the stick this time around.

Truthfully, thank you.

Yeah, I had fun! Honestly, I approached the RU Open with the idea of just having fun. I didn't care about winning or losing, so it went as smoothly as I hoped it would.
I know I'm not a pokémon genius so no big deal, losing it's a part of the experience, and all that matters is that you had as much fun as I had :)

Ren-chon

Lifesbane, 36 layers. How does it look?
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Act post. Opp didnt show up at the scheduled time, in fact he hasnt been on since wednesday (before we were even supposed to play)

Reactions: Nat

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Activity win request

My opponent didn't bother to properly schedule with me. He suggested a random time in which I wasn't available and then never replied to my following VMs, which attempted to set a time that'd work for us both. Unfortunately, his very small time window and lack of interest in scheduling made it impossible to get this series done.

I wish to call activity on my opponent. My opponent never responded to my messages or contacted me in anyway. Here's my contact with them

Reactions: Nat

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Just going to post act now since opponent has missed multiple scheduled times. Ive waited hours for him too with no luck. If you check our vms on his profile youll see the attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)