The mixed-tier team! (An OU/UU RMT)

Hi, everybody! I have a mixed-tier team here for you today, as I like pokemon from both tiers. Please note that this team is on Platinum and so making changes to EVs and such may not be easy. It is also important to note that I mostly play with my group of friends, not over Wi-Fi in general. Anyways, here's the team:

Team At A Glance:

In-Depth Look:

The Lead

Empress the Nidoqueen
Item: Black Sludge
Calm Nature
252 HP/ 60 Def/ 196 Sp. Def
Toxic Spikes
Roar
Ice Beam
Earth Power

Nidoqueen actually works really well as a lead. She is quite durable, and the huge movepool and well-rounded stats makes her quite unpredictable. She generally starts off by setting up Toxic Spikes, but after that, it always changes. She usually Roars out whatever is in, and get poison inflicted on whatever comes in. After that, she can attack with Earth Power/ Ice Beam, or she can just switch out if she is threatened by whatever comes in, and switch to something on the team who can deal with it.

The Revenge Killer

13375P34K the Weavile
Item: Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Night Slash
Taunt
Pursuit
Ice Punch

Weavile has always been an exceptional Revenge Killer, and this one is no exception. This Weavile was actually designed to be a lead to counter Mismagius, a common lead of one of my friends, but I now see it works much better as a Revenge Killer. Night Slash is on this set for a very powerful STAB move, and is really useful against Psychics that switch in on Nidoqueen. Taunt is there in case any annoying sleepers decide to come in. Pursuit is useful if I'm predicting a switch, and Ice Punch provides good coverage.

The Physical Attacker/ Wall

Buggadon the Armaldo\
Item: Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 108 HP/ 144 Def
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Armaldo is, imo, vastly underrated. He has a very good attack stat as well as good physical defense, as well as not terrible speed. Anyways, he is the standard Swords Dance Armaldo set, with modified EVs to fit the defensive role. Generally, he Swords Dances up, and then begins to kill things. The combination of Earthquake, Stone Edge, and X-Scissor has very good coverage, and has yet to really fail me.

The Baton Passer/ Special Sweeper

Celebi the Celebi
Item: Salac Berry
Modest Nature
252 Sp. Atk/ 126 Sp. Def/ 126 Spd
Calm Mind
Psychic
Baton Pass
Energy Ball

This Celebi works very well as a Baton Passer on my team. Generally, she switches in on something non-threatening, and then Calm Minds on the switch. She then either Baton Passes its Calm Mind gain to one of her teammates, or attack whatever just came in with her two powerful STAB attacks. She also has a Salac Berry for that extra sweep when the going gets tough, which can also be passed to a teammate.

The Special Wall

Milotic the Milotic
Item: Leftovers
Calm Nature
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Sp. Def/ 6 HP
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

Milotic has always been a beast on the battlefield, and this one is no exception. Originally Dizzybanana21x's RestTalk Milotic, I have converted it to fit my needs. He has stalled out opposing teams various times before, and has won me many battles. He often switches in on a status move, boosting his defense, and then begins to sweep. STAB Surf does a lot to anything that doesn't resist it. Ice Beam provides very good coverage, and a nice secondary attack to Surf. Recover only increases his stall life, and Toxic hurts anything that isn't Steel or Poison type. He also loves recieving Baton Passes from Celebi.

The Physical Sweeper

Mr. Roboto the Metagross
Item: Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/ 252 Def/ 6 Spd
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch

Metagross works well in many situations, in my case a bulky sweeper. Metagross is a veteran, and has been around for as long as I can remember owning any 4th Gen game. He is a menace on the battlefield, and has been known to tear apart teams. Being a Steel type, I usually send him into one of his many resists, and then proceed to begin the carnage. Earthquake is, as always, a very powerful move to him, and always uses it to great effect. Bullet Punch is a great STAB priority move, and works well with Metagross. Maybe not as well as Bullet Punch Scizor, but still well. Metagross also has Meteor Mash at his disposal, a very powerful STAB move that often gets kills. Ice Punch is on this set of coverage, and is also a nice way of dealing with dragons.

Okay, there's the team! let me know what you think! Also, when posting feedback, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUGGEST UU POKEMON! Anyways, hope you can help!

Milotic has bad EVs. It's a pity you can't use your SAtk EVs for HP and put 6 into SAtk. Hypnosis>Toxic would be nice, but you can't make a lot of changes.

your celebi has only 504 EV's. if possible, you should place two EV's into Sp. Def, and 2 into Speed, because that would equal the most stat boosts you can get, while upgrading you and extra speed and special defense point. (126/4 = 31.5, so 2 more EV's = 32)

okay, thanks for the suggestions, guys! I just realized I have a huge Fire weakness, and nothing to take care of it bar Milotic. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)