SM OU The Flames Of The Underworld

Introduction
Hi everone. This is my first team created by me with one of my favourite Megas in the game: Charizard-Mega-Y. This pokémon became my favourite since then and I try to fit him in a competitive way. Although its rank B of the OU, I thought of including the pokémon that Im going to talk about right now:

Teambuilding process

Flame Lord (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

252 EVs in SpAtk and Speed for max damage in low time, 4 EVs in Def for dealing a 49% of damage when entry on Stealth Rocks and Roost to Recover this or other damage (and for take advantage of Misty Terrain in certain situations). Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast for the better accuracy (I've already have Focus Blast so I can not toss-a-coin when it's time to attack), Solar Beam for OHKO on MSwampert and Greninja, also Z Water of Greninja dosen't kill my Charizard in one attack when the Drougth ability is on. At last Focus Blast does OHKO against opposite Tyranitar and 2HKO against opposite Heatran if they have HP investments; those 2 Pokémon check my Charizard so this move is mandatory despite the really low accuracy.

Sparky (Zapdos) @ Leftovers

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Roost

248 EVs in HP and 240 Def to resist any weak move and protect my team, 20 EVs in speed for doing its mainly job: Defog. Roost keeps Zapdos healthy, necessary for a defensive Pokemon. Heat Wave can be used to sting various Steel- and Grass-types that Zapdos can deal with to good effect like Ferrothorn, Kartana, and Mega Scizor. Zapdos does a have a decent matchup against a few Stealth Rock users like Excadrill, defensive Landorus-T, and Ferrothorn which allows it to support not only teammates but itself as well. Volt Switch mainly used to make damage while leaving and have a better teammate who can resist the enemy fire.

Toxic Goddess (Salazzle) @ Black Sludge

Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Disable
- Toxic

The first pokémon entering the battlefield. 252 EVs in Spe to Outspeed most of the pokémon which, most of the time, are slow; 248 EVs in HP to make it easy to create Substitutes and 8 EVs in Spa to have a little compensation on Flamethrower. Toxic lets Salazzle rack up poison damage on any Pokemon without an ability that grants a poison immunity thanks to Corrosion.Flamethrower makes sure Salazzle has ways to immediately pressure Scizor and is a good way to damage Steel-types even more quickly. Substitute is helpful for racking up even more poison damage, forcing your opponent to either bring in something faster than Salazzle or use Volt Switch to break the cycle. Disable is useful versus pokémons with strong moves like Psiquic or Earthquake. However, your major threats are pokémons with a higher Speed Rank like Ash-Greninja or Choice Scarf Landorus-T.

SpikeBall (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Leech Seed provides Ferrothorn with a way to restore HP and is particularly helpful for wearing down Pokemon such as Heatran. Power Whip is the main STAB move due to its ability to OHKO Ash-Greninja and deal large amounts of damage to Tapu Fini and Manaphy. Protect can be used to stall turns and gain extra recovery—which is great with Leech Seed—as well as scout for coverage moves. This is also very helpful against Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick. Both Stealth Rock and Spikes can be used on the same set, but forces Ferrothorn to give up one of its other useful utility or attacking moves.

M A Y O (Mimikyu) (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance allows Mimikyu to boost its below-average Attack stat. Shadow Sneak makes up for Mimikyu's low Speed and is used to revenge kill faster threats. Play Rough is Mimikyu's strongest move, hitting Pokemon such as Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Mega Lopunny for massive damage. Finally, Shadow Claw has nearly perfect neutral coverage with Play Rough and can hit Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Celesteela, Gengar, and Heatran. Life Orb gives Mimikyu a consistent boost in power, allowing it to hit much harder.

Sand Predator (Garchomp) (M) @ Rockium Z

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Since Garchomp forces many switches, it is a good user of Stealth Rock, setting it up against Pokemon such as Heatran and Mega Mawile. It also puts pressure on opposing Defoggers with the threat of being OHKOed by its Z-Move. Stone Edge, alongside Rockium Z, gives Garchomp the ability to break through Celesteela and Tapu Bulu with Continental Crush after a Swords Dance boost while keeping the pressure against Defog users such as Tornadus-T and Zapdos after the use of the Z-Crystal. Also, try to set up Stealth Rock on a predicted switch!

Threatlist

Mega Alakazam
Mega Alakazam outspeeds the whole team and can put on alot of pressure if given the chances. Your only way to mantain yourself alive is Mimikyu.

Revenge Killers:
Revenge killers can force out Mega Charizard Y, though they must either be sent in after a sacrifice or on a double switch, as few fast mons can stomach Mega Charizard Y's raw power.

And Finally...

This is my first RTM. Hopefully, this will make me create new teams and ask for help if its necessary. Thank you.
Flame Lord (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Toxic Goddess (Salazzle) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Disable
- Toxic

SpikeBall (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

M A Y O (Mimikyu) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Sand Predator (Garchomp) (M) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Sparky (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
I wanted to add something to this team. As you can see, Its very difficult to carry this team if you don't know how to use it. One single Tapu Lele can vanish your entire team with no effort. For that situation, I recomend trying to anticipate your rival's moves. Also, please remember that Its not perfect and needs to be improved. Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)