The Everything NFL Thread - 2017-18 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
can we talk about how dumb anthem protesting is in the first place

because people get way too butthurt for some reason about others not revering a 200-year-old song, not the fact that they're protesting something
The protest as I understand it is not about the Anthem itself, but about the way things are happening in the country. But I don't know, I may be wrong.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I know that. I'm saying that people get way too butthurt about other people not revering the same ancient symbols of patriotism that they do. Dude he disrespected the flag man NEWSLFASH IT'S AN INANIMATE OBJECT WHO THE FUCK CARES (false idols blah blah get on it devour christians) SO LONG AS THEY AREN'T SHOOTING UP A MALL OR SOMETHING

gonna laugh my way all the way to... not starting 0-4 in fantasy like I do every year if zeke gets out of everything get fucked goodell. Mind that there's still a reasonable chance nothing happens, if you've experienced our legal system before and all.

What's funny about people getting mad about the anthem protest is that until 2009 (I believe), nfl teams stayed in the locker room until AFTER the anthem. Wasn't until the defense dept threw a shitload of money to the NFL to have players stand on the field to promote respect for the flag or something.

TL;DR players standing for the flag is not an NFL tradition and was bought in 2009

Just watch any anthem tape. No one says shit about the media crewmen that are on their knees while shooting.

And the cuts are starting.

*Edit*

We just traded Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson. Huge move. Quarterbacks are gonna die.

Prior to it, Baldwin's contract was restructured to free up cap space. So the rumors were flying beforehand. Richardson fills the gap made when we lost our draft pick, McDowell.

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just watch any anthem tape. No one says shit about the media crewmen that are on their knees while shooting.

And the cuts are starting.

*Edit*

We just traded Jermaine Kearse for Sheldon Richardson. Huge move. Quarterbacks are gonna die.

Prior to it, Baldwin's contract was restructured to free up cap space. So the rumors were flying beforehand. Richardson fills the gap made when we lost our draft pick, McDowell.
Richardson has proven to be a selfish and arrogant player, locker room cancer and 'me first' personality.

Should fit right in in Seattle.

So we gave up a 4th rounder for an emergency punter and cut him the next offseason. Thanks for the half a season, Lee (not sarcasm, he was our offensive MVP before he got injured). Palardy is an OK option, but I wish we could've kept Lee.

At least we might get another pick from a Graham Gano trade. I want him gone.

Is Philip Dorsett any good or is trending towards bust territory at this point?
definitely the latter, but mostly because of his draft status

Was a terrible pick by the colts back in 2015.

Also brissett might start multiple games for the colts lol

Last edited:
definitely the latter, but mostly because of his draft status

Was a terrible pick by the colts back in 2015.

Also brissett might start multiple games for the colts lol
I remember he was the guy they took when everyone was expecting them to take Malcolm Brown and Bill had a trade lined up if Brown was gone before #32.

Between Cooks, Hogan, healthy Gronk, and Dorsett (assuming he gets snaps at WR and not just returning kicks and punts) they've got so many options to take the top off of secondaries now.

I think its a sign that hogan will move into the slot more and have a monster season.

I'm the conductor of his hype train at this point.

and in colts related news:

Hmmm well i guess I should make my season predictions which are usually very accurate so take them to your local bookie (i got last years superbowl winner correct not to brag)

AFC
East - lol
North - Steelers
South - Titans
West - Chargers

Wildcards
Texans
Raiders

AFC Championship: Pats vs Chargers

NFC
East - Cowboys
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks

Wildcards
Buccaneers
Eagles

NFC Championship: Falcons vs Seahawks

Superbowl
Pats vs Seahawks except this time it ends differently
and the pats win by 3 tds

Awards n shit
MVP - Brady obv
OPOTY - Gronk
DPOTY - Joey Bosa
OROTY - OJ Howard
DROTY - Takk Mckinley

Random Predictions
-The Patriots will have an incredibly shitty pass rush which is why they'll lose more games than last year
-Gronk has 1400+ receiving yards
-Chris Hogan has a better year than Brandin Cooks
-Cam Newton regains his form (as a slightly better than average QB)
-Ben Roethlisberger's regression is more noticeable to the average fan this year
-The Ravens only win 4 games
-The Jets win a game
-Packers start 0-2
-Keenan Allen leads the league in catches
-Zeke doesn't serve a suspension
-Eli Manning shows that hes a complete stiff and becomes the weakest link on his team
-Alex Smith is benched by mid season
-Derek Carr proves he isn't worth his bigass contract
-Russell Wilson throws more TDs than Aaron Rodgers
-Carson Wentz throws 30+ TDs
-The Patriots opening ceremony thingy is even more obnoxious than the one 2 years ago

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In the spirit of pretzels I shall also make my predictions which are scientifically proven to be 100% accurate and in no way biased or outlandish

AFC
East - Steelers
North - Steelers
South - Steelers
West - Steelers

Wildcards
Steelers
Steelers

AFC Championship: Steelers vs Steelers

NFC
East - Cowboys
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks

Wildcards
Buccaneers
Eagles

Superbowl
Steelers vs Seahawks except this time it ends differently
and the Steelers win by 3 tds

Awards n shit
MVP - Antonio Brown
OPOTY - Martavis Bryant
DPOTY - Cam Heyward
OROTY - James Conner
DROTY - James Harrison

Random Predictions
-The Patriots opening ceremony thingy is even more obnoxious than the one 2 years ago
- Tom Brady succumbs to osteoporosis by week 8 and is replaced by Jimmy Garroppolo
- Ben Roethlisberger throws for 7,000 yards
- Gronkowski is placed on IR in week 6, but becomes the first human in history to undergo a successful entire back replacement surgery
- Like, his entire back
- the Browns do not come in last place in their division
- Jim Irsay leaves an actual flaming bag of shit on Bill Belichick's front porch
- Roger Goodell resigns as commissioner. The owners and NFLPA unanimously elect Ray Lewis as the new commissioner
- Ezekiel Elliott wins his appeal against his 6 game suspension, but while celebrating this victory gets drunk, drives, gets pulled over and arrested for DWI and gets suspended anyway
- Ben Roethlisberger actually literally dies in week 10 after being decapitated by a linebacker. Luckily, Thoros is on staff this year and big Ben is brought back by the Lord of Light in time to play in week 13. He actually could play in week 12, but league rules regarding the death and resurrection of players stipulate a minimum two game waiting period.
- subsequently, Ben Roethlisberger becomes the first zombie to play in the nfl

Last edited:
In the spirit of pretzels I shall also make my predictions which are scientifically proven to be 100% accurate and in no way biased or outlandish

AFC
East - Steelers
North - Steelers
South - Steelers
West - Steelers

Wildcards
Steelers
Steelers

AFC Championship: Steelers vs Steelers

NFC
East - Cowboys
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks

Wildcards
Buccaneers
Eagles

Superbowl
Steelers vs Seahawks except this time it ends differently
and the Steelers win by 3 tds

Awards n shit
MVP - Antonio Brown
OPOTY - Martavis Bryant
DPOTY - Cam Heyward
OROTY - James Conner
DROTY - James Harrison

Random Predictions
- Tom Brady succumbs to osteoporosis by week 8 and is replaced by Jimmy Garroppolo
- Ben Roethlisberger throws for 7,000 yards
- Gronkowski is placed on IR in week 6, but becomes the first human in history to undergo a successful entire back replacement surgery
- the Browns do not come in last place in their division
- Jim Irsay leaves an actual flaming bag of shit on Bill Belichick's front porch
- Roger Goodell resigns as commissioner. The owners and NFLPA unanimously elect Ray Lewis as the new commissioner
- Ezekiel Elliott wins his appeal against his 6 game suspension, but while celebrating this victory gets drunk, drives, gets pulled over and arrested for DWI and gets suspended anyway
This is almost a perfect post but you forgot Ben Roethlisberger's annual midseason "death on the field only to resurrect himself 2 weeks later" ritual.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's really tough for me to put a wins prediction on the Ravens season. I'd said 4 games when chatting with Del Rio a month ago, but our defense could very easily be a legitimate top 3-5 unit. Our offense could also very easily be a bottom 3-5 unit. We could truly win anywhere between 4 and 10 games.

AFC
East
- Patriots
North - Steelers
South - Texans
West - Raiders
Wildcards
Colts
Chiefs
AFC Championship: Raiders VS Patriots
NFC
East
- Cowboys
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks
Wildcards
Buccaneers
Giants
NFC Championship: Giants VS Falcons
Superbowl: Giants over Patriots
MVP: Derek Carr
OPotY: Julio Jones
DPotY: JJ Watt
ORotY: Deshaun Watson
DRotY: Jamal Adams
Comeback Player of the Year: JJ Watt
Other Random Predictions:
Titans prove to be overrated
Tom Savage will be benched for Deshaun Watson by Week 4
Andrew Luck has his best season since 2014
Julio Jones gets 2k receiving yards
Mike Glennon will throw more interceptions than touchdowns
Ezekiel Elliot's suspension gets overturned
Carson Palmer becomes a bottom 5 QB in the NFL
Joe Flacco is not elite

AFC
East
- Patriots
North - Steelers
South - Texans
West - Raiders
Wildcards
Colts
Chiefs
AFC Championship: Raiders VS Patriots
NFC
East
- Cowboys
North - Packers
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks
Wildcards
Buccaneers
Giants
NFC Championship: Giants VS Falcons
Superbowl: Giants over Patriots
MVP: Derek Carr
OPotY: Julio Jones
DPotY: JJ Watt
ORotY: Deshaun Watson
DRotY: Jamal Adams
Comeback Player of the Year: JJ Watt
Other Random Predictions:
Titans prove to be overrated
Tom Savage will be benched for Deshaun Watson by Week 4
Andrew Luck has his best season since 2014
Julio Jones gets 2k receiving yards
Mike Glennon will throw more interceptions than touchdowns
Ezekiel Elliot's suspension gets overturned
Carson Palmer becomes a bottom 5 QB in the NFL
Joe Flacco is not elite
colts are not a wildcard team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)