The Cricket Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah!!!

the old thread was too huge and too... old now!

anyway, here's a new thread to talk about cricket.

oh also, fantasy for the t20 world cup is up!

http://fantasy.cricinfo.com/fantasy/fantasyleague/user/game_home.html?game_id=56

register, create a team and then click on 'join a league'

there, input this LPIN number to join our league:

79805-63c174df2e7069f3

some of the players aren't in the right categories etc yet but they should be soon so join up anyway!

Im in again. I will be better prepared this time around xD

Anyone else notice how some of the teams are losing matches that they should have won with ease?

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah. in delhi's case they were playing with a weaker team in order to give players matches. doesn't allow them to get out at 120 but i'd rather they get the bad day out of the way before the semi's!

also, anyone who had the LPIN error the last time, it should work fine if you follow the links i gave!

Actually I didn't mean Delhi against the Kings XI

I mean't Banglore winning against KKR when they needed like 100 of 54. Deccan losing after they needed only 29 of 24 with like 7 wickets left and the worst one of all Mumbai losing when they needed 4 of 6 with 3 wickets left!!!!!

India all the way baby. Go home country. Pakistan's gonna get pwned.

Excuse that, but ya. India's gonna be awesome this year. I saw the matches it played, earlier this year against Pakistan. Wow, it's amazing. Btw, I think it's weird how the game is like 6+ hrs long. Lol. :toast:

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Actually, Lord Blood, both India and Pakistan have really strong squads out this year. A game between those two nations would be thrilling to watch.

6+ hours? Um T20 is about 4 hours max,lol

And yeh Pakistan have quite a few good players. But Shahid Afridi really has to open for them to make a strong statement. I mean I don't see him doing anything coming in mid innings. Just let him cut loose just 1 good innings and he might be back.

But India are still favourites IMO. When a player like Yusuf pathan bats at #7 then you know how strong the battling line up really is,lol

EDIT: btw I joined but don't see my name in the league.

most of the seeded teams have very strong squads this time. should make for a very interesting tournament.
india, pakistan, south africa, australia and sri lanka all look like they are capable of winning this.
but as an indian, i'm definitely rooting for india. they look monstrous this time.

EDIT: btw I joined but don't see my name in the league.
you have to wait for approval from shiv

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
India have certainly sucked nuts in 2020 games since the last world cup.

On paper they definitely look like the strongest side around though..

Have a nice day.

India all the way baby. Go home country. Pakistan's gonna get pwned.

Excuse that, but ya. India's gonna be awesome this year. I saw the matches it played, earlier this year against Pakistan. Wow, it's amazing. Btw, I think it's weird how the game is like 6+ hrs long. Lol. :toast:
Heck yeah. I love my home country. I agree, they are doing really good this year.

Shiv

mostly harmless
India have certainly sucked nuts in 2020 games since the last world cup.

On paper they definitely look like the strongest side around though..

Have a nice day.
thats kinda true but many of those matches were like the one in nz where they basically played it a couple of days after landing in nz.

i think after giving in good performances in the ipl, they should be much better off.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think there was more to it than that, their whole approach was wrong. They were going way too hard at the ball way to early/often.. It was like they thought they needed 250. And its not like its only in NZ they have been losing 2020s..

If they stop doing that they'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with though..

Have a nice day.

IPL should be good have given them enough t20 experience and match practice to do well in world t20. India's squad kinda resembles the Chennai super kings, and we know they've been doing well. Dhoni ought to follow a similar strategy leading the national team as well. If Sehwag and Gambhir find some form before IPL ends or in the priliminary stages of the competition, India should be unstoppable.
Pakistan is another team that is looking extremely strong. Another India/Pak final would be fucking awesome.

PS: India will win, of course.

Yeah an India VS Pakistan would be great!

Btw Hip Since the T20 WC India have only played 5 T20's (international) so its kinda hard to keep in touch with how to go about things. Yeah they messed up but NZ had the home Advantage. Meh India will still win The T20 WC :)

Gah, I'm a huge international cricket fan, but the IPL is just at crazy hours for me so I have only been able to watch the odd game, but what I hear on Cricinfo, Delhi are strong favourites.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Delhi have been great IMO, but the fact is, one bad day could ruin it. I'm hoping they don't run into one of those!

Also, Cricinfo fantasy has been down for a bit, some issues but it should get fixed soon. You guys should join the league then! (for the T20 WC)

This is really late, but I am so annoyed that KKR lost all its matches practically due to fielding. You'd probably expect them to have great coaches with SRK probably being the wealthiest team owner, but nooooo...
anyways cant wait for t20 WC, India gonna win for sure :)

edit: this is pretty much becoming a thread to identify indians :P

yeah I guess its mostly Indians who watch Cricket,lol

Although I don't think its just fielding. The first half of the tournament it was there batting and the last half its been there bowling. There fielding has been bad throughout the whole tournament

Who watched the England and West Indies test? Fantastic bowling conditions on day 5, Anderson was bowling so brilliantly. It's a shame he didn't get 10 for the match really.

Shoaib would have made things more interesting but can't do much about it I guess,lol

And I would have never thought BRL would make it to the semi's,lol

Kumble has done a good job leading that team after KP left.

To my satisfaction, my favourite team has made it into the Semi Finals with a win, ie Royal Challengers Bangalore. Kumble has done an excellent job and I've got to accept that KP's choice of bowlers were terrible like letting fast bowlers bowl to Yuvraj in death overs. Today, I predict that Deccan Chargers will come over Delhi Daredevils even though they have just made it into the semi-finals unlike Delhi who have comfortably made it. None of the Deccan players are in form except Gibbsy. Gilchrist is an occasion player and always scores in big occasions like this. R.P Singh is also in great form(FORGET ABOUT THE CATCH DROP AND LAST OVER). As for the second semi-finals, the match is evenly poised. I'm a Chennai dweller but I'm not going to support them. I think Royal Challengers Bangalore will make it to the finals. Head to head, it is equal and this is the fifth time that they are meeting each other. I hope Manish Pandey continues his form for the rest of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)