XY OU The Assaulted Nuts

Hey guys,I've spent a couple of days,deciding on this team and its members and then tested it out on PS.It worked out great for me and I'm excited by its potential,please give me your thoughts and suggestions please :toast:

Mega Pinsir:

252 Attack,252 Speed,
Nature:Adamant
0 Happiness
Ability:Hyper Cutter---->Aerialate
Moves:
Frustration
Quick Attack
Swords Dance
Close Combat

Aah,Mega Pinsir,one of the most threatening Mons in the metagame.Standard Set,CC>Earthquake because it allows me to hit mons with Air Balloons like Excadrill and Heatran and also get rid of annoying TTars.

Clefable:

252 HP,252 Def,4 SpDef
Nature:Bold
0 IVs in Attack
Ability:Unaware
Item:Leftovers
Moves:
Cosmic Guard
Stored Power
Protect
Moonblast

Clefable is the first part of my FDS Core.It handles many threats in the OU Tier like,SetUp Mons,Conkeldurr,TFlame,Garchomp,Dragonite,Keldeo and I can go on and on and on.I chose the Cosmic Power Set over the CMSoftboiled Set because I felt it fit in with my team.

Garchomp:

252 Speed,252 Atk
Nature:Adamant
Ability:Rough Skin
Item:Lum Berry
Moves:
Swords Dance
Iron Head
Earthquake
Outrage

Garchomp is the second mon in my FDS Core,it's a HUGE threat after it sets up an SD,the Lum Berry is excellent on him because status inflictors,particularly Rotom-W,want to WoW him.Iron Head for Fairies who are a bit threatening to my team,Outrage and Earthquake speak for themselves lol.

Heatran:

252 HP,252 SpDef,4 SpAtk
Nature:Calm

0 IVs in Attack
Ability:Flash Fire
Item:Leftovers
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Roar
Lava Plume
Will O Wisp/Flash Cannon

Heatran is the third mon and completes my FDS Core.I often use it as a lead to setup Rocks.It's got great bulk and has been very useful as a Special Wall in my team,Phazer Alert.I'm still debating whether I should go for Air Balloon over Lefties.

Keldeo:

252 SpAtk,252 Speed
Nature:Timid
Ability:Justified
Item:Choice Specs
Moves:
Secret Sword
Scald
HP Flying
Icy Wind

This Pony wreks apart every wall in OU,Standard Specs Set,HP Flying to hit Mega Venu who also poses a bit of a threat to my team.It's saved my ass a lot of times while testing this team XD

Landorus T:

252 Atk,252 Speed
Nature:Jolly
Ability:Intimidate
Item:Choice Scarf
Moves:
Knock Off
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn

The missing link to my team,I noticed that my team may have a hard time against Chansey and I lacked a bit of Defensive Bulk so I went for Lando-T,Knock Off takes care of Chansey and other switch ins,U-Turn helps me to keep momentum and get another Intimidate off,Earthquake and Rock Slide,don't need to say much about them.While Lando may not provide the bulk I need,it certainly does a good job at handling Physical Threats :]

So that's it guys,leave your thoughts and suggestions below please

Last edited:
Hey there! Your team descriptions don't seem to be sufficient. You'd wanna try expanding the team descriptions a bit, so we could get an easier time rating your team. ;)

Anyways here's some quick advice, I can see that Lando-I, Keldeo, Garchomp, and Mega-Pinsir have their 4 EVs invested in HP. That isn't really a good idea for offensive Pokemon, since you'll take more damage from SR and residual damage, since your HP is an even number, so try throwing them on either Defense or Special Defense. :)

Last edited:
Hey there! Your team descriptions don't seem to be sufficient. You'd wanna try expanding the team descriptions a bit, so we could get an easier time rating your team. ;)

Anyways here's some quick advice, I can see that Lando-I, Keldeo, Garchomp, and Mega-Pinsir have their 4 EVs invested in HP. That isn't really a good idea, since you'll take more damage from SR and residual damage, since your HP is an even number, so try throwing them on either Defense or Special Defense :)
I'm having a tough time elaborating,any advice?

Try out Jolly on Pinsir. Tying with opposing Pinsir is too good to pass up. I'm also on the fence about Adamant SD Chomp. I think that Jolly is a better nature unless you're running Sticky Web as again, tying with Jolly Garchomp and being able to outspeed any Zard forme is a really great. I also believe that a Spinner / Defogger is needed as Landog and Mega Pinsir would like SR off the field. Try out Starmie instead of Keldeo. Starmie has great coverage and can beat Def MegaSaur with Psychic. She also outspeeds Gengar, who is the most relevant spinblocker in the tier right now IMO. Otherwise, the team looks good. Add lines to your descriptions so mods don't lock this up. Good luck with the team!

Hey mate, interesting team!
I have a couple of recommendations to make for your team. Firstly, I recommend altering Clefable's spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpDef Calm Nature. This will allow you to avoid 2HKO's from LO Greninja's Hydro Pump, LO Thundurus's Thunderbolt, and Latios's Psyshock. This would be useful, as Greninja can wreck your team if played correctly, and this is your main switch-in to Greninja.
Secondly, as NotBruceWayne suggested, I recommend replacing Keldeo with Starmie, as you definitely need a reliable spinner with Pinsir.
Thirdly, [this is purely optional] I recommend changing Moonblast for Wish. This will give you a reliable form of recovery, and will allow you to Wish-Pass to Mega Pinsir, which could be beneficial.
Garchomp: Adamant -> Jolly. Allows you to outspeed max speed Jolly Zard X
Mega Pinsir: Adamant -> Jolly. Allows you to outspeed max speed Mega Medicham, and avoid the Fake Out + Ice Punch/Fire Punch/Thunderpunch KO

Hope the advice helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)