SM Ubers "Thanksgiving Dinner" Feat. Arceus Rock

YUM!
Hello Everybody and welcome to my first RMT "Thanksgiving Dinner". Ubers has quickly became my favorite tier, and I felt this was the best of my teams to make an RMT on (doesn't mean its good tho haha). As you can see the team was built around one of my favorite Arceus forms, Arceus Rock. The name of the RMT comes from how well Arceus Rock cooks the numerous troublesome flying types in the tier. It's certainly no ground, water, fairy, or dark, but Arceus Rock is actually not terrible, and I think its pretty decent if its qualities are needed. This team peaked around 1500. Alright lets get into this.

Team building Process

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
Here it is, the focal point of the team, the cook himself, Arceus Rock. Arceus is the Stealth Rock setter for the team which is great because it frees up moveslots for a pokemon that I will get to later. Will-O-Wisp is used mostly when the opponent switches to a physical attacker that threatens Arceus Rock such as Marshadow, Lucario, Dusk Mane, among others. Arceus Rock is an amazing E killer check (as long as they aren't running earthquake), this would be a great time to get up rocks, fire off a willo on their switch, or double out yourself. The 16 defense EV's are to allow Arceus to live a +1 EQ from Mega Salamence. 144 Special attack is to allow Arceus to 2HKO Mega Sableye. 96 Speed alllows you to outspeed positive nature base 100s. The Hp is self explanatory. When using Arceus Rock I like to think of the battle as a war of attrition, hazards being the main subject of the war. Arceus Rock is able to get rid of common defoggers like Ho-oh, Yveltal, and Mega Salamence, which helps in winning the hazard war.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave
Although Arceus Rock can do a decent chunk to Primal Groudon, your essentially asking the opponent to go Pdon when hes in. I knew I needed a pokemon to help alleviate the Pdon problem, and I think Giratina O does a decent job of it. Giratina serves as the defogger of the team, allowing my mons to be pressured, and allowing Arceus Rock to handle some of the prominent defoggers and taunters (Yveltal) to win the hazard war. I chose Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor as it is more consistent, and still does its job great. Thunder Wave is used for stuff on the switch, and of course Hex goes hand and hand with status allowing it to do more damage. Will-O-Wisp is another option if that floats your boat, but I chose Thunder Wave because it can keep Geomancy Xerneas at normal speed, this is useful if my main Xerneas Counter is out of the picture, allowing another teammate to hopefully take it out. Speaking of Xerneas Counters.....

This shiny is Fire
Solgaleo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
Yes I know what your thinking, Solgaleo???? Yes, Solgaleo. Solgaleo is the scarfer on my team and has some specific important roles. The ONLY reason to use this thing over Dusk Mane is the scarf. Normally people would run stone edge in the 4th slot, but since I have an Arceus Rock I didn't need it, so, I chose to go for wild charge. Wild Charge allows Solgaleo to do at least slightly meaningful damage to Arceus Water, but more importantly, Wild Charge allows Solgaleo to pop Primal Kyogre for big damage. Arceus Rock teams are often weak to Kyogre, so I felt Wild Charge was necessary. Solgaleo Outspeeds Scarf Xerneas, and OHKO's it with rocks up, it also does major damage to Geo Xern. If the Geo Xerneas is max speed (or a speedier variant in general), Sunsteel Strike OHKO's with rocks, and even can without rocks. Super weird pick I know, put Solgaleo always seems to put in work, and thats why he is here.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Of course you all knew he was gonna be on here, nearly every team has one, and theirs a reason why he has such ridiculous usage. With Arceus Rock acting as the Rocker of the team, this allows me to run a much more offensive Pdon set. I chose the mixed set because I feel it is very versatile in what it can hit. I chose HP Ice over Dragon Pulse because I value being able to hit Zygarde (which this team is weak too) for massive damage. Although Pdon is the best pokemon in the game, I admittedly didn't know exactly which set to use, I chose this one because it made the most sense, however I could definitely be wrong (hence I'm making an RMT for suggestions lol).

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake
I needed a Mega, and I feel Mega Salamence fits the bill for this team quite well. If you can win the hazard war and keep Mence healthy, he can be instrumental in the late game. Earthquake is used over Facade to hit the ever present Primal Groudon. I've considered dropping roost for something like dragon claw to hit Zygarde harder among others such as Palkia, other Mence, Arceus Dragon etc, which I just might do Idk, well it is an RMT so let me know what you guys think!

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare​

I knew that my 6th mon had to be a good z user that appreciated hazards up and helped with Primal Groudon, Zygarde fits the bill perfect. I chose Groundium over Dragonium because it pops Pdon for huge damage, and I feel that that outweighs Dragonium (especially if put dragon claw on Mence). Glare is great because it can allow Zygarde to cheese some mons and put up a sub/DD when it normally wouldn't be able too. Glare also bumps up the number of status moves on this team to 3, good thing Arceus Rock is their to check the most prominent taunt user Yveltal! When up against webs teams I usually lead with Zygarde and substitue immediately, so the Smeargle cannot spore/nuzzle/toxic thread you. If the smeargle does not have whirlwind then you can freely DD up and possibly do some major damage to the opponents team.

Threat list (Not very fleshed out I know)
This thing can do a number on the team if not properly played around correctly, its tough tho, and probably the most major flaw of the team is being weak to zygarde.
(Specifically Geo Variants) If solgaleo is gone, then this can be a problem to take off of the field, another huge flaw of the team.
Very difficult to deal with, has a good matchup against basically every mon except Solgaleo.

Conclusion
This was my very first RMT, I know it isn't the prettiest or the most fleshed out, but I tried my best to show you my thought process when building the team. I find the team very fun to use but I know it has some major flaws. If you have any questions please let me know, and any suggestions would be very helpful. One last thing, please do not change Arceus Rock, it is literally the whole point of the team (you can change the set tho ofc).

Last edited:
Hey, nice RMT. Rockceus isn't all that great in the metagame atm but this is a decent first attempt at it. There are several issues, however. The most significant one is the use of solgaleo which is completely unviable. A scarfer is certainly important for a team but solgaleo is just an awful option. Furthermore, using rockceus necessitates using something more than just a pdon (and an offensive one at that) to handle ogre. To that end, I'd suggest ferrothorn over solgaleo. It provides spikes support in addition to checking ogre. I get the desire for a z move user that abuses hazards but i really think that sd ultra necrozma does a better job of this than zygarde. Finally, this team really needs some sort of marsh check + speed control now that solgaleo's gone, so scarf xern fits the bill perfectly. This new team isn't perfect by any means (it's hard to build around rockceus) but i think it's a pretty decent spikes bo. marsh is definitely the biggest problem so let me know if its too much to handle and I can try to rework it. Here's the updated paste: https://pokepast.es/dc43ac88173553a5
Hope you like it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)