XY Ubers Team Haxadactyl (peaked 27 on suspect ladder)

So this is my second ubers team that I think is worth making a RMT for, I'm still fairly new to ubers and competative pokemon in general so I do really appreciate suggestions.

Evolution of Team:

The Major Change I made was getting rid of heatran. I originally used heatran to roar things like xerneas out, and get up rocks, and also force ferrothorn to switch. I ended up dropping it because I would still lose sometimes to focus blast xern, and I would automatically lose to any yveltal that has taunt. I fixed that be replaceing heatran with CM clefable. Calm mind clefable gives me the much needed fairy and and a way to beat taunt yveltal, as long as still have a decent check to geoxern.

So no longer the game is decided by taunt yveltal and I feel safer dealing with geoxern, and now have a dragon immunity. The biggest lost I gained with this trade is that ferrothorn does a lof of work versus my team, and I don't have a SR setter anymore.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

Clefable is my most solid although a little shaky geoxern check, also is the mon that stops taunt yveltal from beating me. The fairy typing is great as it forces a lot of things out. The EV spread allows me to take the first couple hits before I set up calm minds as best as I can. Unaware is need for geoxern and allows it to beat gothitelle (usually it just forces a switch), and the stupid evasionpass teams. Moonblast is my attack of choice, calm mind alows me to beat geoxern and if it gets set up a lot of mons like palkia and kyogre can't come in.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Yveltal is probaly the best E-killer check in the game. I have a very bulky spread with a bit of speed to outspeed some ho-ohs, groudons, landerous-T, etc. Foul play allows me to kill arceus and blaziken if the swords dance on the switch (or if they are dumb and do it after my switch) Roost let's me recover HP so I can stay in and expand my life span. I need Toxic for non banded ho-ohs. and is good in general to catch thing on the switch. I recently replaced sucker punch with taunt so that I could break stall.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Another physical wall, self explanitory spread and protect+leech seed allow me to stall things out and hit them on the switch. plus it easy to predict things to swith out so I can get spikes up easy. Also is my best zekrom switch-in. Gyro ball allows me to have an attacking move, and hits speedy mons pretty hard. and still inflicts nice chip damage on mons with mediocre speed. Ferrothorn has enough natural physical bulk so I can beat physical attackers as well as special attackers with him.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

The Great pink blob, is by best palkia and kyogre check, and lot of other special attacking mons. The EV spread is standard and wish protect > soft-boiled since it lets me restore things like giritina and aerodactyl that have no way to recover HP otherwise, and if something switchs in on a wish that beats blissey I can switch into something else and come back to full HP or almost full.

Haxadactyl (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- stealth rocks
My pursuit trapper that keep me form losing to gengar. This guy is stupidly fast and speed ties mega gengar before I mega, and outspeed mgar after I mega. Pursuit is needed to kill gengar and keep it form switching. Rock slide ohkos ho-oh which is a big threat, and has a flinch chance against other stuff, eq is needed at times for perish song and can finish things off like diagla. And right now I'm not sure if I want taunt, to help break stall since I can't fit taunt on yveltal or if I want iron head for fairys and more hax.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Will-o-Wisp

Another mon that can stop physical sweepers and my normal lead, as well as my defogger, it allows me to hit things fairly hard with prority, take hits from physical attacker pretty well and phase things with D-tail (as well as an attack to hit normals with) and willo-wisp things on switch or even come in and wisp.

Common Threats:
Major:
gothitelle
Wobbuffet
Banded Ho-oh

Medium:
Dark rai
Ferrothorn
Specs ogre
Mixed Scarfxern
Minor:
Geo Xerneas
Blaziken
Non-banded ho-oh
Roar ST ogre
Mega gengar (becomes a major threat if I fail to kill with aerodactyl)
and some random shit.

Importable:
clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Stealth rocks
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Will-o-Wisp

Peak So Far:

Change Log:

8/3/14: Thread Posted, Heatran replaced with clefable
8/8/14: Taunt added on yveltal; SR added on aerodactyl; ferro is now specially defensive and spikes added.

Last edited:

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hello there k legacy, nice too see a team with aerodactyl and this team looks fairly good. There are still some changes you can make in order to make your team ever better.

Firstly, I'd like to suggest using taunt over sucker punch on yveltal. I agree that sucker punch helps a lot in some situations but If yveltal doesn't have taunt, mons like hippo, chansey, ferro etc annoy yveltal badly. And since you mentioned how important toxic is on yveltal i this team, thats why I didn't suggest you replace toxic with taunt.

Secondly, your team needs stealth rock more than anything due to the ho-oh weakness, so I suggest using stealth rock over toxic on . i would have suggested you to use stealth rock on aero but because stealth rock doesn't fit on aerodactyl as its already is being used as a pursuit trapper in this team. Once gengar gets banned you can start using stealth rock on aero instead of pursuit and toxic on ferro instead of stealth rock.

And lastly, the 4th move on aerodactyl, taunt only works nice if aero has roost, iron head only helps vs fairyceus, rockceus, so I suggest to use toxic as the 4th move because most support arc can easily deal with aerodactyl, and toxic helps a lot since you are using stall. When arceus comes in just use toxic and go to that pokemon which can deal with it. This puts huge pressure on your opponent.

After making these changes, tell me if you are facing any problems because this team is now good to go.

Good luck!

Hey X Legacy, nice to see you posted another interesting team. Following Level 56's post, I suggest you Stealth Rock over Iron Head on Aerodactyl, as you really need Stealth Rock if you want to check Ho-Oh in a much easier and Iron Head seems very situational, keep Taunt though, as that can be helpful against other Stealth Rock users like Landorus-T and Groudon. Also, use Taunt over Sucker Punch on Yveltal since Ferrothorn is very annoying to this team and you already have other form of priority in Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak.

Now let's get into the real stuff. I'm going to use a pokemon that covers a lot of the threats you mentioned in your threatlist. Try using Specially Defensive Kyogre over Blissey, Kyogre, alongside Ferrothorn, covers the Choice Specs Kyogre weakness, as well as the Darkrai weakness. It is a great support pokemon overall. As for the EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef with a Calm nature allows you to take 2 Water Spouts from Choice Specs Kyogre and it makes a very good defensive wall overall. Kyogre also checks Palkia (which Blissey previously did) and Mixed Scarf Xerneas, which I saw you listed in the threatlist. As for the moves, Scald is a very good STAB move which is also boosted by rain and also has a high chance of leaving a burn, which is very useful when Ferrothorn is annoying to this team. Roar is useful for taking care of Calm Mind Arceus and Geomancy Xerneas (if Kyogre is above 90%). Rest is a common recovery move that Kyogre carries and Sleep Talk is for being able to attack while you are asleep, just so Kyogre doesn't become completely useless when asleep.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last suggestion is using Sp.Def Ferrothorn over Physically Defensive, although Physically Defensive is good for stuff like Extremekiller Arceus, you already have Yveltal which does a magnificent job checking that. Not only that, the Special Defense can also be useful to check pokemon like Kyogre, Palkia and Dialga under the rain. I also recommend you to use Spikes over Toxic, your team would really benefit from the Spikes support and you already have Stealth Rock on Aerodactyl. I feel like Toxic is not needed since you already have a good user in the form of Yveltal, but if you think otherwise, I think Toxic over Protect would be a pretty good idea.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Nice team, Good Luck :]

I've been back for a day and some now and have been able to get about 40-50 test games done and I like a lot of the changes made, although I miss sucker punch on yveltal taunt has come in handy a lot. I now have spikes on ferrothorn and SR on aerodactyl allowing me to set up the useful hazards I lacked before. Specially defensive ferro is fine and it has enough natural physical bulk to take on things like zekrom still. The final change I suggested is probably the biggest one and the one I love/hate the most. Switching blissey for special defensive kyogre suggested by Edgar is what I am referring too of course. I really do enjoy the typing and its ability to take on all sorts of things. And ferro can sponge all of its weaknesses, but there are some things that I miss a lot and no longer have available to me, those things are mainly heal bell and the wish pass. Heal bell is a huge loss to me team as I only have one mon that can get rid of hazards on itself, and only one toxic immunity, with no immunities to burn or para, and without heal bell statuses can really wear me down over time. I also miss being able to use wish and then being able to switch into something with low HP and comepletly reviving it, the only way to recover HP on giritina and aerodactyl no is wish from clefable, and that doesn't regenerate nearly as many hit points.

So for now I will continue to test these changes as see what happens, and find out what direction I want to take this team.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey K Legacy, not a bad team you have here :] However, after the more than likely Gengar (and therein eventually shadow tag) ban, this team will need to be modified to the point where it is so entirely fundamentally different that it's pointless to keep it. That being said, onto the rate :D

First off, the Yveltal set could use a small bit of tweaking. I believe that in the case of this team, Sucker Punch would be better than Toxic. This team has massive issues with Mega-Mewtwo-Y, and lacks any real switch-ins. Sucker Punch will help alleviate some of the tension on the core caused by this. Also, EKiller at full health is not OHKO'd by an unboosted/prior damage backed up Foul Play. Since you have Ferrothorn to help deal with Mega-Kangaskhan, I'd recommend Blackglasses over Leftovers. It allows it to nab the OHKO on EKiller, and provides aforementioned Sucker Punch with a kick to it (no pun intended).

Also, Giratina-O in tandem with Physically Defensive Yveltal is rather redundant, as they largely both serve to function in checking the same thing, aforementioned EKiller. As this team's Arceus slot is not used up, I would recommend Arceus-Electric. This team needs a reliable win-condition, and Arceus-Electric more often than not delivers.

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam

Lastly, with the above edit removing what is in reality your sole reliable Ho-Oh switch in, I would recommend Stealth Rock over Earthquake on Aerodactyl-Mega. Pursuit functions finely to beat Shadow Tag in general, Earthquake is unnecessary. Stealth Rock support (which should really be mandatory on every team) is vital to holding this team together.

I know, your defogger has been removed, and for a stall-natured team akin to this, that hereditarily means trouble. However, your one Stealth Rock weak mon, Yveltal, has access to reliable recovery in Roost, and Ferrothorn provides potential spike-stacking, which when in tandem with Stealth Rocks, allows you to maintain offensive pressure, even on such a defensive team.

Good luck with the team, while it's still viable :]

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey K Legacy,

Lol somehow I always miss your teams. Anyways, it seems you have updated the OP. So, I will base my changes off of that. In terms of the issues of the team after these changes, here are my thoughts. The team does have a slight Ho-Oh weakness, pretty much because it's not that hard to defog on this team and Ho-Oh gets like three or four free switches. Otherwise, the problems I have with this team is a general stall weakness and a lack of a real win condition. I mean, I'm sure you are well enough familiar with the teams weaknesses and since a lot of raters have already weighed in, I'm going to get right to the changes.

I think Edgar's suggestion of SDef Kyogre will be pretty useful here. If you are in need of Cleric support, you can actually run Heal Bell > CM on Clefable, which will provide Cleric support as well as Wish support. Regarding Aenonar's suggestions, I disagree with Sucker Punch > Toxic since Gira-O does work against MMY so he's not that weak to it anyways. However, I do agree with Dread Plate or Rocky Helmet as Yveltal's item, which guarantees the KO on Ekiller, I mean I guess Ferrothorn+Gira-O finishes it but you don't really have any reason to lose more mons than you need to. I also feel like Electriceus, while providing a nice win condition, would not benefit the team very much because Gira-O is necessary to beat Blaziken, something that Yveltal does not do easily. Back to my own suggestions. Seeing as Yveltal checks most physical threats, I feel like you have freedom to run Stone Edge over WoW on Giratina-O, seeing as Blaziken is the main thing you want to check, and he is immune to burn. Stone Edge limit's Ho-Oh's free switches against this team. I don't really see a quick way to fix the stallbreak/wincondition problem, as that would require a lot of rearranging, but I guess Aero could try to pull a late game clean, as it's pretty fast.

So in short:
SDef Kyogre > Blissey
Rocky Helmet / Dread Plate > Lefties on Yveltal
Heal Bell > CM on Clefable

OPTIMIZATION:

Blissey: I think the analysis suggests 252 Def / 252+ SDef / 4 Spd, but it's your choice

Aerodactyl: 4 Def/SDef > 4 HP, as it gives you a better hazard number I think

Good luck!

Hey K Legacy,

Lol somehow I always miss your teams. Anyways, it seems you have updated the OP. So, I will base my changes off of that. In terms of the issues of the team after these changes, here are my thoughts. The team does have a slight Ho-Oh weakness, pretty much because it's not that hard to defog on this team and Ho-Oh gets like three or four free switches. Otherwise, the problems I have with this team is a general stall weakness and a lack of a real win condition. I mean, I'm sure you are well enough familiar with the teams weaknesses and since a lot of raters have already weighed in, I'm going to get right to the changes.

I think Edgar's suggestion of SDef Kyogre will be pretty useful here. If you are in need of Cleric support, you can actually run Heal Bell > CM on Clefable, which will provide Cleric support as well as Wish support. Regarding Aenonar's suggestions, I disagree with Sucker Punch > Toxic since Gira-O does work against MMY so he's not that weak to it anyways. However, I do agree with Dread Plate or Rocky Helmet as Yveltal's item, which guarantees the KO on Ekiller, I mean I guess Ferrothorn+Gira-O finishes it but you don't really have any reason to lose more mons than you need to. I also feel like Electriceus, while providing a nice win condition, would not benefit the team very much because Gira-O is necessary to beat Blaziken, something that Yveltal does not do easily. Back to my own suggestions. Seeing as Yveltal checks most physical threats, I feel like you have freedom to run Stone Edge over WoW on Giratina-O, seeing as Blaziken is the main thing you want to check, and he is immune to burn. Stone Edge limit's Ho-Oh's free switches against this team. I don't really see a quick way to fix the stallbreak/wincondition problem, as that would require a lot of rearranging, but I guess Aero could try to pull a late game clean, as it's pretty fast.

So in short:
SDef Kyogre > Blissey
Rocky Helmet / Dread Plate > Lefties on Yveltal
Heal Bell > CM on Clefable

OPTIMIZATION:

Blissey: I think the analysis suggests 252 Def / 252+ SDef / 4 Spd, but it's your choice

Aerodactyl: 4 Def/SDef > 4 HP, as it gives you a better hazard number I think

Good luck!
Thanks man, really appreciate the reply, I agree with all you changes but the one thing that worries me is that without CM on clefable I can't really check xerneas as I can only get of 2, an sometimes only 1 (high rolls and hazards) moonblast, and if it has focus blast or hp fire I can't beat it with ferro. And If rocks are up kyogre needs to be at max HP to take any hit (maxx with thunder knocks out acually) and roar it out.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks man, really appreciate the reply, I agree with all you changes but the one thing that worries me is that without CM on clefable I can't really check xerneas as I can only get of 2, an sometimes only 1 (high rolls and hazards) moonblast, and if it has focus blast or hp fire I can't beat it with ferro. And If rocks are up kyogre needs to be at max HP to take any hit (maxx with thunder knocks out acually) and roar it out.
Between a combination of the three (plus rain helps versus HP fire), you should be able to beat Xerneas pretty well.

Between a combination of the three (plus rain helps versus HP fire), you should be able to beat Xerneas pretty well.
Ok, i'll get a bit of testing done this week. Though If gengar get's banned I will probaly have to remove aerodactyl as I really only had it there to pursuit trap. So I do need to think about things to put in that slot (maybe arceus-electric?). For the most part in response to what aenoar said, I do think this team will still be viable if stag/mgar get's banned. Unless I am missing something the only real change in the metagame is an increase in stall teams which I have a decent matchup against with ferrothorn and taunt yveltal. I could also make the mon I replace aerodactyl with a mon that can break stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)