team DDMence Sweep

<@Delta2777> Call it team DDMence Sweep

So I was trolling up and down the smogon ladder with this team but that doesn't matter now does it ^_^

<@Bluewind> say the following
<@Bluewind> Hi
<@Bluewind> Bluewind rocks
<@Bluewind> he's one sexy beast
<@Bluewind> here's my team
<@Bluewind> for the record all the nicknames denote bluewind's awesomeness
<@Bluewind> and then you post it =)
<@Bluewind> GP
<@Bluewind> Kael is online
<@Bluewind> lol
<@Bluewind> "sorry, meant DDMence Swept"

Team At Uh Glaaaance

The Crew

Typhlosion (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 56 Atk/252 Spd/200 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Eruption
- Thunderpunch
Aww yeah. While messing around with random stuff for a lead, I came across Scarf Typhlosion awhile back. Such a sweet little lead till I realized everything in OU could switch in. So I was like, Expert Belt...hmm.. yeah great idea! After playing around I was stupified that Earthquake didn't actually kill heatran =/ So I threw in some attack though I'm still not sure if its an OHKO lol. Next to get the boot was HP Grass because for some reason, Mence and Gliscor almost always switch in so, I switched it for HP Ice which immediately got me results almost always killing the opposing mence or gliscor whether its DDing expecting a switch or being outsped. After that, I just plan ditched Fire Blast to smack Gyarados' switching in because I disliked the fact that they could just SWITCH in and start bossing me around ]:

Honchkrow (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Roost
Big man Honchkrow. Seriously, when making a team of cool pokemon, you have to have Honchkrow, there's just no way around it. Honchkrow's just mainly here to smack everything late-game. Though I feel there could be better stuff in this slot, this thing is still great. It just gets in there and everything just gets smacked by Brave Bird or Superpower. Sucker Punch is a powerful priority as well hitting anything for solid damage. Everyone knows what roosts does xD Honchkrow's also slow (for the pace of OU) so it fits in with the theme we have.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Selfdestruct
- Return
First of the two mons that I have labelled "The Nukes" cause they just hit so hard ;_; Offensive lax is serious business kids, if you're not prepared for it, you are going to have some huge dents from this thing. What I love about this thing is that when I'm all done crunching and returning random stuff in Trick Room. I will boom on the 5th turn dealing whatever damage on whatever's out. BIG damage. Another cool looking poke to look at in my RMT.

Slowking (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 212 HP/44 Def/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
General idea is, you never mess with this guy. Ever. Comes in when Trick room is active, get's a nasty plot, and launches those surfs and kills your rotom. Slowking also checks Infernape for me which is really great given the rest of my team. I generally slack off if I don't have status on me or if ape is slaughtering me, otherwise, I just let this thing die.

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Hypnosis
I personally think originally this was a joke and I just threw it on my team but now that I think it over, I think this may be one of the best member's of my team. Its just soo good at what it does and that's coming in on earthquakes and sleeping something, Trick Room, and then switch to slowking/lax. Rinse and repeat, explode when needed. Everyone knows what this thing does so I'll just leave it at that.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP/100 Def/136 Spd/24 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
Coolest poke ever. Also worse set ever but it's still great looooool. Basically looking at my team, status problems right? No problem Togekiss fixes these problems. Slow incapable flubs on my team? No problem, electrocute some poor fellow so they move at the same pace. Air Slash is a given and with Thunder Wave, gives me some serious synergy with the team. Oh and, I recently discovered wish. How useful eh? (Also this is also a check to ape, horrible ikr)

Former Members
AHHAHAHAHHAHA THERES NO ONE HERE AHAHHAHAHAH no srs bsns

Salamence @ Bluewind
EVs : 252 troll / 252 bad / 4 serebii
Trait : Delta2777
Nature : Canuck (+Canadian, -American)
- Philio8670
- tito
- Rey
- Suckwind

Yeah I was bored, but that's okay, just rate the team and do whatever you want, I'm sorry, there was no mence sweep ]: So yeah, rate it kids ^^

Except rey bluewind, he sucks >:

"Ima eatchouuuuuuuuuuuuuu"

Your team is remarkably unbalanced. There is a three member Electric weakness and a two member Ice weakness. The electric weakness is not offset by any of your other pokemon seeing as they are all neutral to electric. The ice weakness seems to be alright with Typhlosion and Slowking, however, Typhlosion is most likely to be dead by the time you actually need that ice resist. Also, two exploders/selfdestructers is unnecessary. Replace explosion/selfdestruct on Bronzong with Stealth Rock, and on Snorlax, Fire Punch. Rocks are always helpful and Fire Punch allows Snorlax to deal with CB Scizor one of the major threats to your team after Typhoid is out of the way. Good luck and hope I helped.

How exactly does Typhlosion fare against other leads?
Azelf - Eruption does 108.2% - 127.7%, it breaks it down to sash and then it switches 2nd turn after they set up SR. Unless it Explodes in which case you lose. Actually, you lose both ways...
Aerodactyl - HP Ice does 65.9% - 77.8%. Aero would use Rock Slide first turn and do 87.5% - 103.7%. You lose.
Swampert - Eruption, your best bet first turn, does 32.2% - 37.9%. Earthquake does 97% - 115.2%. You lose.
Metagross - Eruption does 71.7% - 84.3% while Gross well use EQ and do 101% - 119.2%. You lose.
Jirachi - You get a Scarf, usually, and Eruption does 120.2% - 141.8%. A win? Sure... but then your easy set-up fooder for a DD mence or something. Or... If they use Iron Head, your practically toast... you flinch like 80% of the time... Eruption isn't going to OHKO after a Iron head either. Basically, you lose each way.
Infernape - Fake out does 13.1% - 15.8% and then CC does 58.9% - 69.7%. Your EQ does 61.4% - 73%. You lose next turn to CC. Lose.
Machamp - Erupiton does 57.8% - 68.2%. Have fun with confusion! Dynamic Punch does 69.7% - 82.2%. Lose. (you cannot possibly 2HKO.)
Roserade - Eruption does 182.1% - 215.3%. Wow, your first actual win...
Tyranitar - Earthquake does 37.4% - 44.6%. TTar uses Stone Edge and does 130% - 153.5%. Lose!
Gliscor - HP Ice does 97.2% - 115.3%. Good chance to OHKO, sure. If you don't OHKO though, it does 85.5% - 101% with EQ. Very small chance to OHKO, but still. You take a ton of damage. Win.
Heatran - The fuck you talking bout? EQ to Heatran does 40.2% - 47.7%. Not a OHKo, or a 2HKO. That's a 3HKO. In one turn they do 84.2% - 99.7% with Earth Power. LOSE!
So... you only beat 1/5 of the leads? None of them are the top 10 either. How is this a "sweet lead?" It sucks.

How exactly does Typhlosion fare against other leads?
Azelf - Eruption does 108.2% - 127.7%, it breaks it down to sash and then it switches 2nd turn after they set up SR. Unless it Explodes in which case you lose. Actually, you lose both ways...
Aerodactyl - HP Ice does 65.9% - 77.8%. Aero would use Rock Slide first turn and do 87.5% - 103.7%. You lose.
Swampert - Eruption, your best bet first turn, does 32.2% - 37.9%. Earthquake does 97% - 115.2%. You lose.
Metagross - Eruption does 71.7% - 84.3% while Gross well use EQ and do 101% - 119.2%. You lose.
Jirachi - You get a Scarf, usually, and Eruption does 120.2% - 141.8%. A win? Sure... but then your easy set-up fooder for a DD mence or something. Or... If they use Iron Head, your practically toast... you flinch like 80% of the time... Eruption isn't going to OHKO after a Iron head either. Basically, you lose each way.
Infernape - Fake out does 13.1% - 15.8% and then CC does 58.9% - 69.7%. Your EQ does 61.4% - 73%. You lose next turn to CC. Lose.
Machamp - Erupiton does 57.8% - 68.2%. Have fun with confusion! Dynamic Punch does 69.7% - 82.2%. Lose. (you cannot possibly 2HKO.)
Roserade - Eruption does 182.1% - 215.3%. Wow, your first actual win...
Tyranitar - Earthquake does 37.4% - 44.6%. TTar uses Stone Edge and does 130% - 153.5%. Lose!
Gliscor - HP Ice does 97.2% - 115.3%. Good chance to OHKO, sure. If you don't OHKO though, it does 85.5% - 101% with EQ. Very small chance to OHKO, but still. You take a ton of damage. Win.
Heatran - The fuck you talking bout? EQ to Heatran does 40.2% - 47.7%. Not a OHKo, or a 2HKO. That's a 3HKO. In one turn they do 84.2% - 99.7% with Earth Power. LOSE!
So... you only beat 1/5 of the leads? None of them are the top 10 either. How is this a "sweet lead?" It sucks.

Firstly, just because jirachi has 60% chance to flinch doesn't mean typhlosion is toast. If it works that way everything is toast before jirachi. Jirachi does 22.56% - 26.60% with iron head, which is like 5HKO, while typhlosion is still able to kill jirachi with an eruption after one iron head, and does over 80% after two.

Secondly, just because heatran has shuca berry doesn't mean it changes earthquake to 3HKO. In any case, it does over half with shuca berry, and OHKOs without one.

I think you're forgetting the fact that typhlosion carries expert belt. Many of your calculations are without the 20% boost.

Er, however, if that's true, Typhlosion can still beat only Heatran, Gliscor, and perhaps Jirachi. (Roserade will Sleep Powder)

Why not just use a LeadApe?

You appear to have a DDtar weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)