Pet Mod SylveMons (Discussion Phase)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Updated the tally with the most recent votes then. Also, question, what's the position something needs to be at the end of voting the phase to get in? Does only the thing with the most votes get in, or do the "second place" ones also get in?

(Example, if an ability had 10 votes and then other two abilities had nine votes. Does only the one with ten get in or does the ones with nine also get in?)

Updated the tally with the most recent votes then. Also, question, what's the position something needs to be at the end of voting the phase to get in? Does only the thing with the most votes get in, or do the "second place" ones also get in?

(Example, if an ability had 10 votes and then other two abilities had nine votes. Does only the one with ten get in or does the ones with nine also get in?)
At least the top 2 get in (this something I'm considering expanding to top 3, but now's not the time for that). So, in your example, the ones with nine would also get in.

Anyways, as I am very, very tired (I was doing a Pokemon Platinum Scramble and it took way longer than expected (read: hours) to get from Floaroma Town to Eterna City (and this was post-Valley Windworks events)), I'll officially make sure that AquaticPanic's count is right and open Distribution Phase, though the list is essentially final and feel free to discuss distribution a little bit now.

Last edited:
A shame it’s only top 2, I like all the moves just below it, but more so the type change in 3rd.

Onto the winners because I’m fairly sure it’s won...

I still would like if incinerate didn’t eat the berry it just vaporized. I know this is a game with handless moles can scratch, but if this one was just a Knock Off clone... or maybe it turns the enemy’s item into a burn orb? Afterwards Incinerate no longer does 50% more damage, but strategically knockoff still can.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
A shame it’s only top 2, I like all the moves just below it, but more so the type change in 3rd.

Onto the winners because I’m fairly sure it’s won...

I still would like if incinerate didn’t eat the berry it just vaporized. I know this is a game with handless moles can scratch, but if this one was just a Knock Off clone... or maybe it turns the enemy’s item into a burn orb? Afterwards Incinerate no longer does 50% more damage, but strategically knockoff still can.
I'm ok with it just vapourizing the item. Not sure if things can be changed this late in, but if it's fine by the mods it's fine for me

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I decided to edit Goodra onto my vote list as well (Was kinda thorn between voting or not bc I personally think Dragon / Water fits better, but Dragon / Poison is good enough)

Tally is not updated tho, because I'm on mobile and editing in Mobile is hell.

And now, voting is officially closed!Here are the results (thanks to AquaticPanic for getting these together):

Moves:
1. Morning Sun/Synthesis/Moonlight by AquaticPanic - -- BP, 16 PP, Normal/Grass/Fairy, Heals the user by 50% (66% in harsh sunlight). (Z-Moves: Reset's user's lowered stats)
1. Bug Bite/Pluck/Incinerate by AquaticPanic - 65 BP, 32 PP, Bug/Flying/Fire, 1.5x power if foe has a removable item and removes said item. If the item is consumable, the user gains its effects (Z-Moves: 120 BP of their respective types) (I personally don't like the Incinerate turning items into Flame Orbs idea, but if Ludi or enough people do, then I'll consider making it so)
Morning Synthlight - 5
Knock Off Variants - 5

Astonish - 3
Seed Bomb - 3
All-Terrain Blast - 3
Round - 2
Brambles - 1
Legend's Anointing - 1
Hidden Power - 1
Energize - 1

Abilities:
1. Obstinacy by AquaticPanic - User gains a boost in it's moves the lower it's HP gets. Formula is (100-Current percentage of HP) x 1.0. (I think the way it's meant to be is (1.0 - [Current percentage of HP in decimal form]) + 1.0, so, for example, if you're at 30% HP, 1 - .3 = .7 + 1 = a 1.7x boost)
1. Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/Swarm by Dilasc - Boosts the power of Fire-/Water-/Grass-/Bug-type moves by 1.5x.
Obstinacy - 5
Steelworker Variants - 5

Gale Wings - 4
Thick Fat - 4
Toxic Vaccine - 3
Misty Malice - 3
Illuminate - 1
Psycho Heaven - 1
Moxie - 1
Fruitful - 1

Items:
1. Light Ball by AquaticPanic - If held by a Pchu, Pikachu, Raichu, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne or a Togedemaru, its Attack and Sp. Atk are doubled. (30 BP Fling that paralyzes the opponent)
2. Rage Candy Bar by AquaticPanic - If this Pokémon is a Darmanitan, it becomes Zen Mode Darmanitan just by holding it, and it's Psychic-Type moves have 1.2x more power (Doesn't need the Zen Mode ability) (20 BP Fling)
2. Hot Potato by Sereg - When the holder comes into contact with another Pokemon, their hold item is switched with the Hot Potato. (60 BP Fling that burns the opponent)
2. Ice Skates by Sereg - Protects from hail damage and doubles speed in hail. (80 BP Fling)
2. Blue Herb by Yoshiblaze - When held, if this Pokemon has it's stats lowered, all of it's stat changes will immediately be inverted. (Consumable; 10 BP Fling)
Light Ball - 7
Rage Candy Bar - 5
Hot Potato - 5
Ice Skates - 5
Blue Herb - 5

Mimic Orb - 3
Melting Pads - 1
Purifying Pads - 1
Paving - 1

Type Changes:
1. Mismagius (Ghost -> Ghost/Fairy) by AquaticPanic
1.Yanmega
(Bug/Flying -> Bug/Dragon) by Yoshiblaze
1. Goodra
(Dragon -> Dragon/Poison) by @Sereg
Mismagius Line - 6
Yanmega - 6
Goodra - 6

Pignite and Emboar - 4
Lycanroc-Midday - 3
Lycanroc-Dusk - 3
Lycanroc-Midnight - 3
Electivire - 2
Magmortar - 2
Florges - 2
Weezing Line - 2
Ninetales - 1

The Distribution Phase officially begins now!

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Morning Sun should be added in Lycanroc-Day while Moonlight to Lycanroc-Night imo. It's not that useful on them but it just makes sense.

Obstinacy is indeed the formula you said, it was bad wording on my part. Anyways, I'll suggest Lycanroc-Night and Braviary at the least for getting the ability

Also, Goodra also won, considering Stitch's votes and mine. I just didn't have the tims to update the tally (Everything else in the tally is right, tho. Just the type changes that need updating). This is the correct vote count:

Mismagius Line - 6
Yanmega - 6
Goodra - 6

Pignite and Emboar - 4
Lycanroc-Midday - 3

Lycanroc-Dusk - 3
Lycanroc-Midnight - 3
Electivire - 2
Magmortar - 2
Florges - 2
Weezing Line - 2
Ninetales - 1

Sorry for not updating it sooner

Last edited:
Blue Orb scares me if I understand it right. Turning overheat and clones into a one time contrary style boost sounds kinda nice, although having your sweep ruined because some intimidater turned your boosts into negatives can hurt bad too. Not that a setup sweeper wants to use it unless intimidate would give a great boost.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Blue Herb can also be used against Sticky Webs. Blue Herb Victini with V-Create sounds viable... Still, you can always use Z-Celebrate, but a 180 BP STAB Move that will once boost your Defenses and Speed is nothing to ignore.

Also lol Ice Skates Alolan Sandslash. Not really something I'd use but sounds hilarious

Something i can find pretty neat for reviving 2 mons at once is using the ol' core with Aurora Veil Ninetales-Alola + Manaphy, but with Ice skates instead Waterium:

Aurora (Ninetales-Alola) (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Hypnosis
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail

Shiny? (Manaphy) @ Ice Skates
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
With Ice Skates, Manaphy can be as fast as it can during, uhhh, 3 turns (5 if Ninetales is running Ice Rock) without having to give up a move slot on Rain Dance, that now can be used on Ice Beam for breaking past grass mons like AV Bulu or, something, idk.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I just noticed that this is still Distribution and not Discussion, so... here are my thoughts:

Bug Bite

Add: I'd say to give it to everything in the Bug egg group + the rest of the bugs, but everything there already has it (With the exception of Arceus, Silvally and Wimpod). So I really don't know what else.

Remove: Scyther line, so we can keep balance.

Pluck

Add: Torchic line, maaaybe Hawlucha

Incinerate

Add: I'm... honestly unsure on this one. Incinerate's current distribution is akward as hell. Things like Slowpoke, Rhyhorn and even Togepi can learn it. Tho I think INCINERoar should definetly learn INCINERATE. Not only as it's the only Fire-Starter that doesn't get it, but it's one of the few Fire-Types that don't learn it. Add Salazzle to the list of to-be-added as well. Other than that, I'd say it has an okay distribution

Speaking of Incinerate, the topic of wether it should recieve the effects of the item or not were left hanging around. I'd say an option to substitute that effect would be burning the foe upon removing the item as well, so that it at the least gains something for not gaining the effects of the removed item (I'm not much into the Flame Orb idea as well)

Morning Sun

Add: Everything that evolves with a Sun Stone, everything that can only evolve during the day, + Lycanroc-Dusk, Blaziken line, Seviper, Arbok, Serperior, Rayquaza, *Charizard Line, Salandit Line, Salamence line, Sceptile line and Druddigon

*May be broken with Mega Y, so let's be careful with this one

Blaziken line: It's based on a Rooster. The birds who wake up early to sing suring the morning.

Reptilian mons: A lot of reptiles do indeed take some kind of resting specifically on spots that the harsh sun hits them. Not sure if I explained the best as I could, but the point being that reptilian mons also should benefit from being under the Sun

Moonlight

Add: Everything that evolves with a Moon Stone + mons that evolve only during night, + Noctowl and Lycanroc-Dusk (Midnight already is under "Everything that evolves by night"). Maybe, just maybe, some things that lean Moonblast but not Moonlight, like Primarina, Florges, Alolan Ninetales, Diancie and Tapu Fini / Lele.

Synthesis

Add: Whimsicott and Trevenant, as they're the only Grass-Types that don't have it but also wouldn't be broken with it (Unlike a certain spiky potato)

Obstinacy

Lycanroc-Midnight (-Keen Eye): "It has no problem ignoring orders it doesn't like. It doesn't seem to mind getting hurt at all—as long as it can finish off its opponent. The more intimidating the opponent it faces, the more this Pokémon's blood boils. It will attack with no regard for its own safety."

Braviary (-Keen Eye): "Known as “the hero of the skies,” this Pokémon is so proud and so brave that it will never retreat, even when it's injured. For the sake of its friends, this brave warrior of the sky will not stop battling, even if injured. With its brave disposition, it fears nothing—not even death. Ancient Alolan people respected it, referring to it as "the hero of the sky."

May add some more later

An assured burn works, although with all these new ways to remove items, Sticky Holders are going to actually have more ways to be punished... well, there's always next slate...

Anyway, the Steelworker clones...

Most grass types either Mega or are outclassed. Venus and Sceptile will mega when they can so who cares? Bulletproof is better in every way, Long Reach is debatable, and Meganium is the most forgettable grass type of all. Torterra might get mileage out of it, but with Wood Hammer as main STAB, it goes against its defensive nature.

For fire, Charizard megas so what's the point? Blaziken is banned, and the other Fire/Fights need to decide if Punch/Recoil is more important to them than fire. Delphox will probably get better use out of it, though with the new Knock Off knockoffs, it might want item theft. It could be a tossup for ire Cat. Only absolute winner is Typhlosion who loves getting a powerful Eruption without worrying if he eats a fire attack first.

Water is an oddity too. Blastoise might want Rain Dish, and Gatr wants Sheer Force hands down unless you want some sort of strange SD Aqua Jet set. Swampert will mega anyway and the other water types are either Greninja or forgettable. Greninjas other abilities need no introduction. I guess it would help the other 3 starters stand out a little.

Bug is bug. Most bugs are too early game to matter. I guess Escavalier is going to be pretty strong.

252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Escavalier Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 163-193 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's against a resist with 100/160 defenses mind you.

Last edited:
An assured burn works, although with all these new ways to remove items, Sticky Holders are going to actually have more ways to be punished... well, there's always next slate...

Anyway, the Steelworker clones...

Most grass types either Mega or are outclassed. Venus and Sceptile will mega when they can so who cares? Bulletproof is better in every way, Long Reach is debatable, and Meganium is the most forgettable grass type of all. Torterra might get mileage out of it, but with Wood Hammer as main STAB, it goes against its defensive nature.

For fire, Charizard megas so what's the point? Blaziken is banned, and the other Fire/Fights need to decide if Punch/Recoil is more important to them than fire. Delphox will probably get better use out of it, though with the new Knock Off knockoffs, it might want item theft. It could be a tossup for ire Cat. Only absolute winner is Typhlosion who loves getting a powerful Eruption without worrying if he eats a fire attack first.

Water is an oddity too. Blastoise might want Rain Dish, and Gatr wants Sheer Force hands down unless you want some sort of strange SD Aqua Jet set. Swampert will mega anyway and the other water types are either Greninja or forgettable. Greninjas other abilities need no introduction. I guess it would help the other 3 starters stand out a little.

Bug is bug. Most bugs are too early game to matter. I guess Escavalier is going to be pretty strong.

252+ Atk Choice Band Steelworker Escavalier Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon-Primal: 163-193 (40.4 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

That's against a resist with 100/160 defenses mind you.
swarm volcarona's pretty good

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Also, food for thought: Since Forecast now makes the user's secondary type change as opposed to primary, shouldn't Rainy, Sunny and Snowy Castform's types now be Normal / Water, Normal / Fire and Normal / Ice?

swarm volcarona's pretty good
I’d almost want to do a Swarm/Blaze on a bug/fire but this would be a little excessive for the Volcano moth to have stronger fire. Bug is fine because it needs coverage to offset bug's ability to be resisted by many things.

Actually, question: would the Rage Candy Darmanitan still have Sheer Force? That'd be pretty rad with Fire Blast/Psychic/Focus Blast... Grass Knot? It's not like it uses a Life Orb anyway.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I’d almost want to do a Swarm/Blaze on a bug/fire but this would be a little excessive for the Volcano moth to have stronger fire. Bug is fine because it needs coverage to offset bug's ability to be resisted by many things.

Actually, question: would the Rage Candy Darmanitan still have Sheer Force? That'd be pretty rad with Fire Blast/Psychic/Focus Blast... Grass Knot? It's not like it uses a Life Orb anyway.
The way I want it to work is that it doesn't require Zen Mode to change, so I believe yes.

Without a Life Orb DarmZ still lacks oomph. Its only setup move is Work Up, which it needs for max power Focus Blast to 2hko Chansey, although new incinerate can help with that. That leads to 4mss. Double STAB and Focus Blast to get around Ttar and pink blobs are a must. Then what? Grass knot can hurt fat water types, ground and rocks, work up let’s you set up. Uturn avoids pursuit trappers, but Ttar is hurt more by Focus Blast. It’s also a little too fast to be top tier Trick Room sweeper, and Stak with his Ghost Stab will hurt really bad.

It’s nice but i don’t think it’ll be top tier if it can’t break walls and sweep.

On the other hand 105/105/105 is incredible defenses, albeit without a healing move and a weakness to pursuit and Stealth rocks.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
This is what I'd personally run:

Darmanitan @ Rage Candy Bar
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

While it's not insanely slow, it still has some value in TR imo. It's desperate for Wish support, but it has a really fine bulk, and 140 Sp. Atk is still good tbh. Flamethrower still does more damage than Incinerate, due to Sheer Force. Psychic is quite strong with the RCB boost.

Tho I do agree that it won't really be any big threat or anything, I see it more as a cool option to run, but not necessarely the best option. But hey, that's at the least further than it ever got before.

Edit: This set is also able to take one Equake from Scarf Lando-T and OHKO back with Psychic:
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan-Z: 338-402 (81.6 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mind Plate Sheer Force Darmanitan-Z Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 319-376 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Max Sp. Atk Blacephalon also misses the kill, and hets OHKO'd:
252+ SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Darmanitan-Z: 306-362 (73.9 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mind Plate Sheer Force Darmanitan-Z Psychic vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Blacephalon: 322-381 (129.8 - 153.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
I decided to edit Goodra onto my vote list as well (Was kinda thorn between voting or not bc I personally think Dragon / Water fits better, but Dragon / Poison is good enough)

Tally is not updated tho, because I'm on mobile and editing in Mobile is hell.
Thank you. (Sorry. Terrible internet access right now.)

I actually think several types work with Goodra and water is one of them, but thought Poison was best eventually.

Maybe give Primeape Obstinancy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)