Swords, Swords Everywhere - Final BW2 Team

Intro:

While not dead yet, BW2 is coming to a close, so I felt I'd post my most successful team to bring my personal BW2 laddering experience to rest. Lucario has always been one of my top favourite pokemon designs, and after MEvos were announced I was inspired to make a team around him; possibly keeping the team with MegaLucario fitting the same roll as Lucario currently does depending on how the meta shapes up. From what I've seen of the gen 6 pokes, OU won't be changing outside of MEvos. This team let me manage to claw my way up from 2k to 2070+ with under 50 deviation the whole way.

Teambuilding Process:

Team is based around Lucario, so that's where I started first.

I needed a pokemon to lure in Lucario's counters to free up coverage moves, and to stetch defensive cores, Acro SD Scizor fit perfectly.

Next I chose a revenge killer that would enjoy cleaning up after Scizor and Lucario went to work, Keldeo does everything and more, threatening the faster teams that would give Lucario trouble setting up.

The basic offensive backbone for the Offensive core was mostly done, so I brought in Ttar to cover for an excelent blanket special wall and to cover against weather/Lati@s which still troubled my core.

Jellicent pairs nearly perfectly with Ttar defensively, and gives me a leg up on more stallish teams which could wear down my sweepers with a few wrong predictions.

Lando-t Patched up the last of my weaknesses defensively, while being an extremely good end game cleaner, or pre game softener.

In Depth:

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

This Lucario set is pretty standard, however it makes the most sense given the team support. Normally Jellicent, Celebi, Lando-T, Gliscor and even Tentacruel can give Lucario trouble if it doesn't run a coverage move like Ice punch or Crunch to cover for them, however Scizor deals quite well on its own against all of these and even lures the in to boot. This Frees up room for Lucario to run bullet punch so it won't be forced out by Gengar, Terrakion, Scarftar, or any faster poke that resists Extremespeed. Bullet Punch is also near checkmate against Custap Skarm + Scarfgar teams when they lead with Skarm, as Lucario can easily get to +4 or +6 if they even try to use a hazard.

Standard EVs, Justified is a very nice deterrent against dark moves.

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Lure Scizor has caught on like wild fire recently, and for good reason. Not only does it beat most of its usual counters 1 on 1, it can also sweep whole teams by itself with as little as one free turn. Scizor gets rid of Lucario's need to run Ice Punch or Crunch to cover its counters, since Lucario shares almost the same counters as Scizor. If there is a poke that would stop Lucario cold on the opposing team, I can choose to use Scizor as my goto sweeper over Lucario, and likewise. Clearing Lando-T/Gliscor and Jellicent/Tentacruel is Scizor's sole job for the team.

EVs are standard, but I wen't with Adamant over Jolly since the power is needed to guarentee OHKOs against Jellicent, and to beat Lando-T 1 on 1 with Acrobatics + Bullet punch after an SD on the switch.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Keldeo was the best fit as the team's revenge killer, feeding off Scizor's abillity to murder Jellicent and Tentacruel. Bulky Dragons were the biggest issue to cover as offensive checks, and Keldeo deals with all of the but the Lati@s twins. Faster HO teams give Scizor and Lucario trouble setting up and Keldeo is much agreed as the most threatening to HO, and for good reason.

EVs/Ivs/Moveset all standard and do the job required for what it's needed

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit

One of the first things I think of when teambuilding is "what can take a Draco," and while there are a few options to sponge one, Tyranitar is the only one that can checkmate Lati@s 100% of the time; convenient enough for Keldeo which loathes the pair. Removing Opponents weather is also a boon, since sun is generally too much to handle with nonweather that lacks Dragspam or Balloon Heatran. Neutering Toxicroaks rain is much appreciated since it massively threatens my team, and most of OU.

Set is pretty standard, since I use this to lead against opposing weather most of the time, -Spe nature convieniently fits the role while not hurting offense or defense. I chose to use Ttar for rocks to save on team role space, and he does a darn good job of getting them up thanks to his bulk. Full specially defensive allows me to switch in on Lati@s with impunity.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 Spd / 152 Def / 240 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

The perfect partner for Tyranitar, Jellicent patches up my rain weakness and covers the rest of OU for the team, excluding Terrakion, SD Acrozor, and Banded Tyranitar. Since I am running Lucario very few players will click any choiced dark move but pursuit in front of Jellicent fearing the attack boost if they do, most notably banded Tyranitar. Jellicent is basically all this team has to deal with more defensive teams, being able to spread status, spinblock and taunt very reliably. The moveset is standard for utility Jellicent.

EVs are my own custom spread outspeeding stanard defensive Skarmory variants, speed creeping Banded Scizors/Tyranitars and uninvested Politoeds. Being able to Burn Tyranitar and Scizor before they can get off a Band boosted attack cannot be understated. The rest of the EVs are thrown into HP and Def for as much bulk as possible.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

The 6th slot could truely go to anything without making the team unviable as very few things were not covered. Lando-T was the fix all solution to the teams few weaknesses and added the greatest utility through intimidate. I've never like the defensive variants of Lando-t since all the seems to do is set up rocks and then die due to lack of recovery while helplessly spamming U-Turns to attempt to try and get free switch ins. Double Dance Lando-T is just so much more usefull and is quite possibly the most threatening under-represented sweeper. Lando-T patches up 3 glaring weakness the team carries in Fighting/Electric/Ground, while making the best of any free turns. If Lucario and Scizor lack the firepower to get through Fast yet Bulky pokes, Lando-T is the man for the job; his bulk lets him setup in front of what Lucario and Scizor can't.

Moveset is standard for Double Dance Lando-T, but I went with a speedier spread as overall the team felt a little slow. More speed eases predicting whether to RP or SD on the switch and because fuck Shuca lure 'rachi imo.

Hopefully your Gen 5 experience was better than mine, but it's time for change.

Importable:

Code:
Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Flying Gem
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 Spd / 152 Def / 240 HP
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 224 Spd / 32 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)