Gen 4 Swords Dance Lucario with Spikes Stack

Hey everyone, I'm a new player and would really appreciate any tips on how to make this team better. This team is based on breaking down the opponent cores to allow Lucario to sweep.

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Pretty standard offensive spiker. It's main job is to taunt slower leads such as metagross and prevent them from setting up entry hazards, then set up stealth rock and spikes. Fairs quite well against leads such as metagross and roserade(due to lum berry). It does have issues against leads like Zapdos and Starmie though due to having very little special bulk and weak to electric moves.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Dragon Dance Gyarados. It opens up holes in the opponent team and baits out Lucario counters such as zapdos and Rotom-A which will then be dealt with by Tyranitar or Latias. It fairs well against opposing gyarados as well because of having stone edge(I did not run ice fang because it's usually not strong enough to ohko zapdos or dragon types such as latias). I could run wacan berry on it but if it gets paralyzed or poisoned it ruins it's whole sweep(in case it does set up late in the game), so I ran lum berry.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Choice Scarf Ttar. It's main goal is to pursuit trap choice Scarf Rotom-A locked into thunderbolt, Starmie, Gengar and Latios. It does only need pursuit and crunch to complete it's purpose so earthquake and stone edge are there purely for coverage. I decided not to run Superpower because the bluff of running it is enough to scare off most blissey and clefable.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 164 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Scarf Rotom-A. The rapid spin blocker of the team. The EV spread is 108 HP / 164 SpA / 236 Spe because it allows it to survive +1 Gyarados' Waterfall and retaliate with Thunderbolt even ohkoing wacan gyarados. It also outspeeds Agility Modest Emploeon, the main threat it needs to keep in check besides gyarados. It also baits out tyranitar locked into pursuit which allows Lucario to set up on the 1/4th resistance to pursuit and subsequently sweep.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 8 HP / 188 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Trick

The main breaker of the team. Moveset is pretty standard. Trick is there to ruin stall Pokemon such as Blissey or Clefable. This EV spread allows it to become a powerhouse at the cost of being slower than infernape, gengar and other base 100 speed Pokemon. It outspeeds gyarados, dragonite, breloom and survives choice Scarf Ttar's crunch after sand damage. It is pretty weak against Infernape though.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

The main star of the team. It sweeps through the entire late game if played properly. It can easily ohko Gengar at +2 with bullet punch and ohkos most weakened Pokemon(with spikes or residual sand damage or weakened by the rest of the team). The only issue is it's speed and the fact that it's completely walled by Rotom-A. Though the rest of the team is properly equipped to counter Rotom-A and other checks.

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/fdf35f758512e36e

I would appreciate any tips to improve this team. I am also willing to switch out a Pokemon or two if it leads the team to become better at dealing with pokes such as Infernape. Thanks in advance.

A few things I notice here..

Three choice items is a lot. I'd consider replacing one of the scarfs (rotom?) with something else. Or maybe change to a substitute/pain-split set. Honestly Latias and Gyarados shouldn't have trouble with Infernape though that Latias set won't outspeed Ape.

Skarmory can run IcyWind as a lead. It lets Skarm lower Aero or Azelf's speed to make them vulnerable to TTar for instance.

A few things I notice here..

Three choice items is a lot. I'd consider replacing one of the scarfs (rotom?) with something else. Or maybe change to a substitute/pain-split set. Honestly Latias and Gyarados shouldn't have trouble with Infernape though that Latias set won't outspeed Ape.

Skarmory can run IcyWind as a lead. It lets Skarm lower Aero or Azelf's speed to make them vulnerable to TTar for instance.
Okay, I decided to switch Latios with this Flygon:
Flygon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
Provides utility and coverage and is also a good switch into zapdos.

The Icy Wind is actually a good idea, I will do that.
With the addition of Flygon, I think I should change the moveset of Ttar to this-
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Jeong

Banned deucer.
Hi,

In any case, it would be Icy Wind > BB, so you maintain Taunt. The problem with Aero is that at -1 forces the speed tie. You have to keep in mind that behind Aero / Azelf there may be Magnezone.

Well, I think this doesn't hurt, so I'll leave it here. With 248 HP and 76 SpD you can handle HPump + Aqua from Empo lead. But this is just another separate option in case it is necessary.

Looking at your team's style, I don't know if DD ttar or his Sub Punch > Scarf set is better. I don't know, you have 3 choice and it might be a problem. Although it is also true that you can get rid of threats like Starmie, Latias or Gengar.

Hm, a double trick would be interesting (Latias and Rotom). You can create favorable situations if you find yourself in a pinch or benefit from disabling Clef, Bliss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)