Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock and poison heal with immunity to status should be irrelevant. Being annoying in OU should be irrelevant. If this is where the discussion is, then this Mon should have been talked about since x/y days lol.
"Annoying" is subjective/opinion, but Knock Off and Poison Heal are objective parts of the kit if being evaluated on performance in this Meta, where throwing out Spikes via that longevity is a more significant benefit than previous games of "sit here and don't die" for Gliscor if Toxic didn't work. Gliscor gaining hazards in a meta with bad removal and mostly Physical neutral-attackers is its old kit performing significantly better than it did previous. This isn't even me advocating stay vs ban, but you can't just write off mechanics of how a mon-as-a-whole plays as irrelevant just because they were pre-existing. Several Pokemon banworthy in one Gen became not so later, and the reverse is equally easy to see happen.

Yeah, the suspect is probably for BM, the fact that some people thought he was underwhelming lol.

Anyway, what do we think of Jirachi this gen? I don't think he will be OU but he should do great in UU, he has so much utility and those flinches come always handy.

Wait so is the suspect Bloodmon or Grass-Water thingy? Will Ludicolo stop being suffocated of his typing? Will it be Gholdengo causing the greatest tier shakeup ever? Will Kingambit ever walk out of this tier?

Find out next time on Smogon's OU!

The mons on the radars hmmm. I would hold off Ghold suspect test and wait for dlc 2 to have defog as a tm again dnb. Gliscor and Moltres having defog can shut down Ghold since. Gliscor being in the radar makes me happy but all seriousness, banning Gliscor will be stupid. Everybody in this forum is crying about Hyper Offense being way too strong and when Gliscor is back everyone is whining it's too hard to kill it which is kind of true but still. We need a strong bulky defense pivot mons in this tier. It keeps offense mons in check which is what you guys wanted right. Even if Gliscor gets roost and defog, it will not broken so let's calm down with that so dnb. Manaphy is okay, dnb. Ogerpon Wellspring is a good Mon to have in the tier but it's not broken especially because u-turn is everything and even if it Tera and has spd doesn't make it broken. Valiant should not be in this radar, dnb. We need a good Fairy Mon that is strong and fast. Sure it has different sets but it doesn't make it broken. Gambit is hard, I personally don't have a problem with dealing with Gambit but I will wait for dlc 2 to see that new priority fighting and see which Mon receives it so dnb. Now Blood Moon is busted, I'm not ngl. This mons gives me the most trouble and even though I beaten some but now I think I have to run av and not die to it. Av Hoopa can beat Bloodmoon 1v1 with drain punch and if it Tera to a poison then Zen Headbutt can knock it out so maybe ban it.

Last edited:
bait used to be believable

To not make this a one-liner and to say “to not make this a one-liner” since I find the aversion to it pretty humourous in general, how do people feel about Moth in DLC1? While the prevalence of new waters and Gliscor aren’t the best for it, the downtick in Glowking and meta trends seem to benefit it a lot as well.
i've been using Moth for a bit, here's a really good set that is concerningly good at sweeping teams.

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Discharge

Less investment in Sp. Atk means Booster Energy activates for Speed, allowing Fiery Dance to (with a bit of luck) make up for the lower Sp. Atk (although with 132 EVs it's already base 349 so like holy shit). Grounds are a bit of a problem but depending on how many boosts you have from Fiery Dance you can usually just OHKO them on a neutral hit.

i've been using Moth for a bit, here's a really good set that is concerningly good at sweeping teams.

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Discharge

Less investment in Sp. Atk means Booster Energy activates for Speed, allowing Fiery Dance to (with a bit of luck) make up for the lower Sp. Atk (although with 132 EVs it's already base 349 so like holy shit). Grounds are a bit of a problem but depending on how many boosts you have from Fiery Dance you can usually just OHKO them on a neutral hit.
What does Discharge accomplish that Energy Ball doesn't?

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
Thinking it about the imminent BM suspect, I have a few ideas for a song

The Moon will sing
White Midnight
there's also trouble's coming
bad moon rising
Bloody stream
There's a million versions of Fly me to the moon

There's like a billion possible songs, and I'm sure the one being picked will be the worst of all of them

Now, what do I think about Blood ursa itself? Right now, I don't know, I need more games to get my thoughts in

Last edited:
Thinking it about the imminent BM suspect, I have a few ideas for a song

The Moon will sing
White Midnight
Bloody stream
There's a million versions of Fly me to the moon

There's like a billion possible songs, and I'm sure the one being picked will be the worst of all of them

Now, what do I think about Blood ursa itself? Right now, I don't know, I need more games to get my thoughts in
it's not gonna be "fly me to the moon". maybe if it was a flying-type, or if its most notable set was tera flying, but neither of those is the case with bloodmoon. my bet is on "bad moon rising", which would be an actual good song choice

My guess is its either Bloodmoom or ADV Skarm 2. Hoping its the former tbh. I know Gliscor can be annoying but I like it so I'm biased towards it.

it's not gonna be "fly me to the moon". maybe if it was a flying-type, or if its most notable set was tera flying, but neither of those is the case with bloodmoon. my bet is on "bad moon rising", which would be an actual good song choice
As an added benefit, the way CCR sings it is mumble-y enough to sound like "there's a blood moon on the rise" if you don't listen too closely.

On the topic of suspect songs, it would be really funny if Finch and the OU council finds a song as antithetical to BM's design as possible.

Frankly as for the mon itself, I haven't really played enough to really get a grasp for it but it looks stupid and dumb and probably needs to go. That bulk + Any defensive tera ever means it likely chains 2 or 3 kills minimum which is just absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)