ORAS NU Surfing With Raichu

Em

formerly Based Sexy Pants

[21:48] #raseri: surf + lightningrod raichu

[19:11] Silver Aurum: BSP don't RMT that team
[19:11] Silver Aurum: It's legit just rain
[19:12] Based Sexy Pants: But it beats everyone.
[19:12] Based Sexy Pants: :D
[19:12] +TTFTW: but it has a raichu
[19:12] Silver Aurum: oh nvm
[19:12] Silver Aurum: RMT it ASAP
[19:12] +TTFTW: it's clearly a different rain

[19:05] Based Sexy Pants: Hey raseri.
[19:05] Based Sexy Pants:Remember when you said you would adopt me as your child if I beat one of your children, who you said was all room voices, mods, and drivers?
[19:05] Based Sexy Pants: I just beat TTFTW.
[19:05] Based Sexy Pants: Will you adopt me now?
[19:08] &raseri: ok but im dropping you off at the orphanage
[19:08] &raseri: tmrw
Hi everyone! Based Sexy Pants here with another NU Rain RMT (this time without Pachirisu, R.I.P.). I saw the team was playing pretty consistently well, so I wanted to RMT it. This is probably my best NU team to date (not that that's saying much considering I'm the guy that innovated PUP, KO, Leftovers, Audino). Anyways, here's the team!

パチパチ (Raichu) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Happiness: 8
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Surf
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch

Truthpard (Liepard) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Rain Dance
- U-turn

テルマ (Mesprit) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Ludiloco (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Nyan~ (Floatzel) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Bad Beyblade (Kabutops) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
So the other night, raseri was saying how due to a new event, Surf Raichu with Lightning Rod was now legal. This got me pretty excited, since I like trying out odd gimmicks like that. I was thinking about it, and figured that probably the best competitive use of this was on a rain team. Signal Beam is on it to chunk things such as Musharna. Liepard and Mesprit are my primary rain setters on the team. I used SpDef Pard to better check Mesprit checks such as Rotom, and Haunter, and used Zen Headbutt on Mes to help nail Yama, then just kinda built the team from there. Most teams don't have an offensive Grass type check, so Ludiloco was looking pretty hot. Ludiloco has a really great spot on the meta right now, being able to rip apart teams with its coverage moves, and typing. Water + Grass typing has very few checks in NU, and it has Ice Beam to properly hit those checks that do exist. It can also be a great secondary rain setter for the team. Floatzel was a great addition to the team as it is able to outspeed other Swift Swim users, and out of rain also outspeed everything bar Swellow. This helped the team have ways to function outside of rain. It has Substitute because it can help deal with things such as Sucker Punch Shiftry. At this point, the team had no real physical attackers, so Kabutops fit well. It has SD to help wall break Mons such as MAudino, and it also has priority in Aqua Jet, which is always nice.
I found the team was fairly weak to Yama, in that as soon as Mes was taken out, you would have to sack Kabutops, and pray they clicked Fake Out. Then if they click CC, you have to go to full HP Ludiloco, or you literally lose. Also hates priority in general.
Shoutouts to Eternally for helping me make the team (although I did edit it a bit, lol).
Shoutouts to LucianVega for giving me advice, and being a cool guy in general.
Shoutouts to raseri for adopting me, and letting me know about Lightning Rod, Surf Raichu (and Flychu :^]).
Shoutouts to MARCU5theBAW5, the only person with a microphone more ghetto than his garlic bread.

Last edited:

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hi BSP,cool rain team you got there,theres not much to change since its a classic rain squad, but i have a few little fixes that would make it improved.

Raichu Surf addition with lightingrod is a pretty cool news, now the thing Id change on this moveset is Focus Blast > Signal beam, this would give you ability to hit pokemon like ferroseed and cradily which are really annoying to face with rain team, and focus blast just bops ferroseed and lets your rain team to proceed with sweep if you hit it early game.

Liepards moveset is pretty standard ,but I dont like the EV spread as liepard needs that full speed for outspeeding some stuff and that bulk wont really help much, plus this is offensive team and even tho bulk is appreciated on pivots like Mesprit, liepard doesnt really need it.So, I recommend the standard spread with 252 atk/252 with Jolly nature.
Set:
Liepard @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Change zen headbutt impish nature mesprit to Bold nature mesprit with psychic because zen headbutt hits a lot less things and if youre worried about hariyama or hitmonchan you can use Psyshosk to hit them,and it has more accuracy than zen.

Last 2 things are kabutops and ludicolo, Ludicolo doesnt really need that little bulk added , and Timid nature with max speed/max spa can outspeed base 70s and hit them with coverage moves if scenario is outside of the rain(altough modest is stronger and hits like a boss so timid is just little thing to try), while kabutops is fine with adamant nature but I highly suggest using 252 atk / 252 speed because hyper offense prefers outspeeding stuff(in case u face opposing kabutops or ludicolo) over having that little bulk added.

Have fun with team and gl in future ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Em

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)