SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breeding questions:

I haven't bred anything since Diamond, all my Dittos etc. are in Diamond at the moment. I have X and Alpha Sapphire, but have barely finished them, I haven't put any effort into getting everstone/destiny knot in those games. I have Sun also. I want to start breeding again for the Battle Tree in Sun.

Q1. What's the easiest/quickest game to breed in, X, Alpha Sapphire, or Sun? Or are there any big differences/does it even matter?

Q2. I want a Dragonite with Fire Punch. Am I right in saying that I'd have to breed in AS given there doesn't seem to be a move tutor for Fire Punch in the other games, and I don't think move tutor moves pass through breeding?

Thanks!

Breeding questions:

I haven't bred anything since Diamond, all my Dittos etc. are in Diamond at the moment. I have X and Alpha Sapphire, but have barely finished them, I haven't put any effort into getting everstone/destiny knot in those games. I have Sun also. I want to start breeding again for the Battle Tree in Sun.

Q1. What's the easiest/quickest game to breed in, X, Alpha Sapphire, or Sun? Or are there any big differences/does it even matter?

Q2. I want a Dragonite with Fire Punch. Am I right in saying that I'd have to breed in AS given there doesn't seem to be a move tutor for Fire Punch in the other games, and I don't think move tutor moves pass through breeding?

Thanks!
1) It's just as quick/easy to breed in either of these games. However ORAS does have a rather large Move Tutor selection which are not available in Sun/Moon and there are certain TMs such as Power-Up Punch which isn't in Sun/Moon.

2) You're right Tutor Moves don't pass down in breeding only Egg Moves do. However Dragonite learns Fire Punch naturally you just have to take him to the Move Reminder in Mount Lanakila's PKMN Center.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can the Steelix nicknamed "Thumper" you get in XY be transferred? Would be handy to transfer a Steelix over and than breeding a Onix instead of transferring over an Onix and going through the hassles of evolving it (getting a Metal Coat (you know, one of the evo items you can only get from wild Pokemon) and finding a trading partner (which would probably mean waiting till I go over to my cousins)). Thumper is the only Steelix I have.

Can the Steelix nicknamed "Thumper" you get in XY be transferred? Would be handy to transfer a Steelix over and than breeding a Onix instead of transferring over an Onix and going through the hassles of evolving it (getting a Metal Coat (you know, one of the evo items you can only get from wild Pokemon) and finding a trading partner (which would probably mean waiting till I go over to my cousins)). Thumper is the only Steelix I have.
Yes.

A guide for SOS Battles was uploaded in the Pokemon website. Pretty much everything it says is already known. However, there's a small piece of information that left me puzzled.

You can further increase the odds of Pokémon calling for help by having a Pokémon with the Intimidate, Unnerve, or Pressure Abilities active and by immediately using supereffective moves on new allies called into battle.
Is this true?

Wait, isn't Friendship supposed to reset after being transferred through Bank? I thought it did, but I just went to pop my two boxes of competitive 'Mons in Isle Avue and discovered that all the ones I obtained in Gens 3-5 or received from events/trades in Gen 6 kept their Friendship. Only the ones I personally bred/caught in Gen 6 were reset. What the hell is up with that?

Can I transfer a Pokemon from Gen. VII to Gen. VI to teach it Tutor Moves? Specifically, I want to transfer a Heavy Ball Timburr to my copy of OR. I really want the Heavy Ball on it but it can't learn the Elemental Punches in Gen. VII.

Can I transfer a Pokemon from Gen. VII to Gen. VI to teach it Tutor Moves? Specifically, I want to transfer a Heavy Ball Timburr to my copy of OR. I really want the Heavy Ball on it but it can't learn the Elemental Punches in Gen. VII.
No. Anything that goes to a gen 7 game is locked from going back to gen 6

they can sit in bank all the want. They only get flagged once you move them into SM & (I assume) save it.
Can confirm the last bit; accidentally moved a few 'mon to my SM PC before I was ready and thankfully realised in time to hit quit instead of save. Was able to move those 'mon back to omega ruby safely.

Is Fire Punch good competitively on Mega Medicham? I'm trying to breed a perfect one but it has so many egg moves I don't know what to choose! (So far I have Thunder Punch/Fake Out/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch)

Is Fire Punch good competitively on Mega Medicham? I'm trying to breed a perfect one but it has so many egg moves I don't know what to choose! (So far I have Thunder Punch/Fake Out/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch)
Elemental punches are level 1 moves for Medicham (according to Bulbapedia), so you can save those egg move slots for something else (like Drain Punch).

Forget the elemental punches. Medicham gets them at level 1, so you can very easily adjust to whatever one of those you might want.

What's the best ball to catch Cofagrigus in? It's IMO one of the best shinies in the game and I would love to have a matching pokeball for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)