SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ema Skye

Work!
I'm trying to breed a Timid Snow Warning Vulpix with Freeze-Dry, Moonblast and Encore.

I have a male Primarina with Encore and Moonblast, a Timid Male Swinub with Freeze-Dry and a male Snow Warning Ninetales, as well as a Ditto. What order and combinations do I need to put these four in to get my Vulpix?

I'm trying to breed a Timid Snow Warning Vulpix with Freeze-Dry, Moonblast and Encore.

I have a male Primarina with Encore and Moonblast, a Timid Male Swinub with Freeze-Dry and a male Snow Warning Ninetales, as well as a Ditto. What order and combinations do I need to put these four in to get my Vulpix?
First get a female HA vulpix then breed that with Primarina and Swinub till you get a female HA vulpix with all 3 egg moves. Then breed that vulpix with the ditto to get more vulpixs

Does sketching during wi-fi battles not carry over to the "real" game?
If it does you could just sidestep the chain breeding and get the moves that way since Vulpix & Smeargle are on the same egg group

Question regarding Festival Plaza... I am trying to build up a full range of 4-5 stat Treasure Hunt to get Gold Bottle Caps, and I was wondering:

• Does your Festival Plaza rank influence the offers Sophocles makes you upon "levelling up"?
  • Does your Festival Plaza rank influence the offers from random visitors?
  • Do random visitors always offer stands they actually have? Would I get better results if I tried to befriend ppl who have the stands I need?
1. It seems like higher rank gives a chance for better offers, but I usually still get 1-star offers and I'm in mid-30's rank now.
2. At rank 25-ish I was offered a 5-star lottery from a visitor, so that's possible, but I don't know if there's a correlation.
3. No idea.

Does sketching during wi-fi battles not carry over to the "real" game?
If it does you could just sidestep the chain breeding and get the moves that way since Vulpix & Smeargle are on the same egg group
If it doesn't work, you can also do this with wild smeargles (so long as you're not trying to sketch a spread move.)

False Swipe the wild smeargle
It'll sketch false swipe
Wait for SOS summon
Use whatever move on the first smeargle
Second smeargle will sketch that move
Bring in your own smeargle
Sketch the move

Apparently the chance increases, but I haven't encountered a shiny yet in 4 separate chains of 40+ for a Ditto.
I heard that the chance is appearently 1/512. And also the chain doesnt matter. So you have every time a chance of 1/512 to encounter a shiny pokemon using the S.O.S method.

Contrary snivy in an apricorn ball will be possible after bank thanks to males now passing down Pokeballs when bred with females of the same species.
Oh! Right, hadn't thought about it.

I heard that the chance is appearently 1/512. And also the chain doesnt matter. So you have every time a chance of 1/512 to encounter a shiny pokemon using the S.O.S method.
The chain does matter though, the longer it is the most likely you are going to find that 1, even if it reselts itself every time. It's how masuda method works too, and very basic probability. The longer x is the most it tends to 1 and all that jazz.

Contrary snivy in an apricorn ball will be possible after bank thanks to males now passing down Pokeballs when bred with females of the same species.
apparently it even works when breeding with ditto

actually i think how it works is - when breeding a male and a female, the female's ball is always passed on, and if you want to pass on the male's ball, you need to breed it with ditto

Last edited:
apparently it even works when breeding with ditto

actually i think how it works is - when breeding a male and a female, the female's ball is always passed on, and if you want to pass on the male's ball, you need to breed it with ditto
Pokeball inheritence:
Ditto + female = female
Ditto + male = male
Ditto + genderless = genderless
Female + Male of same species = either parents
Female + male of different species / evolutionary line = female

Is it true that using a TM on a Pokemon boosts its happiness? Have a bunch of guys that I want to happy-evolve and this seems like the most efficient way to do it.

I'm at work and I just beat the elite 4 for the first time... post game ceremony took way too fucking long and my battery died during the credits........ please tell me i don't have to go through all that again...

EDIT: home now.. yup back before the champion. I was half way through the credits after 15 mins of unskippable story.

Last edited:
1: Anyone knows if there's some progress in getting a pickup table for this gen? I'm assuming that you can really get destiny knots as low as lv 1-10, but is this chance present on higher levels? I don't want to overlevel my meowths and have to breed more.

2:It is true you need to defeat a pokemon in order to triggerr the pickup chance of the whole party, or just running away from wilds work?

Does anyone know if the game has been fully datamined? Specifically regarding any reference to Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, etc in terms of Z-moves. Thanks!

1: Anyone knows if there's some progress in getting a pickup table for this gen? I'm assuming that you can really get destiny knots as low as lv 1-10, but is this chance present on higher levels? I don't want to overlevel my meowths and have to breed more.

2:It is true you need to defeat a pokemon in order to triggerr the pickup chance of the whole party, or just running away from wilds work?
http://serebii.net/sunmoon/pickup.shtml

there is no longer an item table like before, instead you can pick up everything at all levels, but the probabilities change

does alolan vulpix trigger his snow warning when coming into the battle via SOS? I am chaining it for quite a long time now and I was wondering if I had to figure the ability myself rather than waiting for one to trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)