Sony Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale Announced

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure there are enough 'pure Playstation' characters for this game to work but I'd love to be proven wrong. Also the idea to mesh two games together feels like they just want to mish-mash everything and not give every game a stage it deserves and give an excuse to cut down on stages.

I'm all for being wrong though. I doubt it could be as fun as smash brothers though, it has a high pedestal to compare itself.

This could be really, really good, but I'm afraid PlayStation doesn't really have enough characteristic characters. If I'll get around to buying the game, I'll sure as hell master Cole (inFamous), however good or bad he may be (assuming he makes it into the game anyways).

Oh, by the way, anyone seen the move the Fat Princess smacks her ass into the other characters? That's almost exactly Peach Bomber from SSBB

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't see why everyone gets so wound up about it being a blatant SSB rip off, it's not like that format has been done to death, and it's pretty popular, so why not try a copy of it. I think there's more than enough PS only characters to make a good Roster though, and I'll be interested to see if they go and buy the licenses to use anymore, in the same way Ninty did for Sonic etc. in Brawl.

Then again, I am going to be biased towards anything that contains Parappa the Rapper. Absolutely love that character from when I was younger, and it's a shame he's not appeared in anything more recently. I'll probably cry with happiness if Chop Chop Master Onion is involved in the fighting.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm stocked for this game, but the battle system doesn't tickle my fancy. The camera should be zoomed in more and fixed (you can barely see the characters)

Doesn't look too good at the moment, but it's a SSB rip-off and that seems like it'd be hard to do wrong.

If Ratchet & Clank are playable characters, all of my money.

I can't really see this game being on the same popularity level as SSB, but I'm still interested to see where it goes. Besides, more SSB-like games aren't a horrible thing, if done right.

I also hope the character balance is good, and we don't suffer from "The Meta Knight Debate" again.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As long as it plays like SSB then it'll be a fun game. I'll always enjoy SSB more though just because of the iconic characters (Kirby, DK especially <3) and I won't be buying a Ps3 solely to play it. I'll tell my friends with Ps3s about it and play it at their houses just to spite Phil huehuehuehue

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sweet! I thought we were gonna have to wait forever for the next smash bros, this will probably be out this year. I can't wait.

Ratchet & Clank
Drake
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot
Sackboy

I would say Solid Snake and Sonic (as a 3rd party), but seeing as they were in SSBB i'm skeptical. Also, with Uncharted now seen as a big PS3 exclusive and the new Tomb Raider game yet to come back, I doubt we'll see Lara Croft in it yet (if at all).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I think some of the classics deserve looking at too, like Ico or SSX. If they are able to include many of the used-to-be Sony characters, then yeah, Crash and Spyro would be perfectly viable.

Hopefully we'll see more as E3 comes around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)