Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

As someone who spends hours on the dex looking for cool and unique sets, can the dex have a “Pokémon with a move set recommending this move” section on each move. Similar to how items have it, showing which sets have that move in them. This could also just be useful for teambuilding as well, letting players see what are the best users of specific moves

I understand this would bring problems with separating the list of mons that get this move with the list of mons with sets with the move. IMO this can be easily fixed by having two lists. One for the mons that use it and one for the mons that simply get it below.

I was reading the SS restructuring thread and don't understand how it works alongside current roles. I get that everyone in there is SS but what is someone like Merritt? Is Head TD not SS? Is there a full list of moderators and their roles that explain this? With the addition of banners this has gotten more and more confusing for people like me. I genuinely don't know who is a staff member and who is not because I don't know which badges mean what outside of something like ladybug or teardrop.

Okay I found the full list... Still feel like that should be in this forum and not just hyperlinked in this OP. We also have an insane amount of moderators, half of which I'd argue don't need to exist. I don't understand how anyone is supposed to know who is who. I would seriously consider restructuring the moderator role in a similar form. Feels like you're consulting a dictionary when trying to find who to go to for x, y, z issue. Like we really listed some 30 site staff when that would be better suited as a "Site Staff Requests" thread where any of those 30 people can view and edit as needed. Just really messy and confusing in its current form imo.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I get that everyone in there is SS but what is someone like Merritt? Is Head TD not SS?
:wo:
To answer just these parts real quick, I'm both. Senior Staff and the TD team aren't intrinsically linked, there's certainly overlap currently between the members of the TD team and SS but that's not really by design. People who are on the TD team may be nominated for SS partially on the basis of their work as a TD, but that's not any different from how a TL might be nominated for SS due to their work running their tier(s) or a PS staff member might join SS due to their experience handling the sim.

There are avenues for Senior Staff to communicate with the TD team outside of just having people on both teams, so it's not a necessity to have a TD who is also SS, but it's pretty common for at least one person to be on both teams.

Head TD does not come with a place on SS, it does come with a Community Leader position much like any subforum leads.

Hope that clarified this bit at least!

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
I want to make CAP Pokémon, but I’m a bit confused on where to post them. I’d be nice to post them as a submission, but otherwise just for fun. I don’t know where, and I’m guessing Create-A-Pokémon-Project, but I don’t know which section. I’m guessing CAP Archives, but I’m not 100% sure. Where should I make said thread

I want to make CAP Pokémon, but I’m a bit confused on where to post them. I’d be nice to post them as a submission, but otherwise just for fun. I don’t know where, and I’m guessing Create-A-Pokémon-Project, but I don’t know which section. I’m guessing CAP Archives, but I’m not 100% sure. Where should I make said thread
You don't. If you have 3 pieces of art to go with them, you can post the art in an artwork thread in Smeargle's Studio (if sprites you can focus on Smeargle's Laptop instead). If you just want to tell us about your ideas for Pokemon, there isn't any specific places here. Orange Islands, the casual Pokemon discussion board, does not allow wishlisting.

CAP itself is a community process focused on the competitive aspects of Pokemon and led by a team of leaders elected to lead a project. You are welcome to participate: see here for more information.

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
I want to make Pokémon, some of them competitive. Do you have Bulbagarden account? Idk if I’m allowed to say this, but if you do, then just go to Bulbagarden and look up Pokémon: Seasons-New Pokémon, Abilities, Moves, and Held Items (you might be able to look it up regardless, idk). You’ll see some of the Pokemon I want to promote

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I’m basically asking if it’s ok if I put it in CAP because I’m tired and don’t really understand lol
-probably- not but I just asked a forum mod if they know of a place for this type of thing, and if they don't I inquired about the possibility of creating one

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Well, this is suggestions thread too, after all. You guys should make a thread where people can show off their CAP mons. Maybe, even, after a bit of discussion they can even make the cut!

Hello, it would be very interesting if in the alerts section the notifications do not disappear until a week has passed, which is how long tournament rounds normally last.
This way you could see which tournaments you have been mentioned in and you are playing that week.

View attachment 595184
Maybe there should be a tournament alert system built into Smogon forums? Not sure how feasible it'd be, but an implementation idea could be having (at least official tournaments) put onto a calendar, and having that be used to settle when a match will be held with your opponent. Then it could give you reminders, and pings to you from said type of thread would be sent to its own Alerts category

You should add Tera Types to the Usage Rates list
Responses on that from Marty way back:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...istics-discussion-thread.3657197/post-9352655
Re: adding new features/data, the existing scripts currently take two full days to process everything to completion, and this month's took a dozen hours longer than usual for some reason, even with fewer formats to work through than last month. Sorry, but I'm not going to fiddle with any part of Antar's scripts that isn't purely generation changes or maintenance (for many reasons, but mostly the time/resource investment is already unreasonable).

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...istics-discussion-thread.3711767/post-9564335
Anything is possible, I'm just not going to be the person to do it, for reasons already stated in this thread. I'm also not in charge of the data grant process so I can't help you with the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)