Smogon Premier League VII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
It was a really fun run and I made a ton of new friends. Can't say I'm not disappointed by the way things ended for us but I hope you guys make the best of the opportunity you've been given. For the shoutouts:

Alexander. - You are a much better player than your record says (trophy lol). Hope we get to play together again soon.
Colchonero - You played every game great and thanks for coming out with motivation despite last year's debacle.
daftmau5 - Sorry you didn't get to play but you were a great presence and helped us out every week. Good luck in the future!
Fakes - You were absolutely fantastic all season and helped us in many tiers. A fantastic record in a tier that's not even your main says a lot.
GeeMick - You are going to be a legend man. Your teambuilding and level of play is absolutely bonkers and you definitely proved that today.
HJAD - Even though we only bought you at midseason you helped all year and were a fantastic dude. Sorry your only game had to be a timeout LOL.
jira - You were there to help in ADV and GSC all year and were a great presence. I'll definitely bother you if I ever pick those tiers up.
kamikaze17 - You are a super nice guy and unfortunately your record doesn't show how good you really are. Good luck in the future.
Lohgock - Great dude always prepping well and helping out as well as being a fun person to talk to.
Lutra - You were absolutely fantastic and came through when we needed it. 6-1 says it all. Hope you talk more next time tho.
PokèManiac Livio - You came through in the clutch and even though your Italian and trolls with Alex are ridiculously annoying, you were a fun guy.
Porengan - Again your record has no indication of your skill and thanks for finding time to do your best and help us out.
Scythe. - You were absolutely fantastic all season but your luck really sucked lol. Thanks for all the tests and you will do great in the future.
Seeme - Another cool dude to talk to and you had some really impressive wins.
Shoka - You played really well this year and some of the games were just awesome to watch. You'll definitely continue to improve and be fantastic in future years.
Sweepage - Thanks for everything. I know you went through a lot mindset wise and blame yourself for everything right now but it's really not your fault man. You played fantastic given the matchup/luck. Go win smogon tour this year buddy.
teal6 - Sorry for not being able to carry you in the literally one week you lost all season. You are amazing and will be a god in any future tours.
Teddeh - Slow start but you were fantastic in the end and super impressive. Great chat presence and I'll continue to bother you :)
Valentine Man you were really fun to be around and thanks for giving me a shot this year. I know you were really busy second half and hope any issues get resolved buddy.
Vinc2612 Again thanks for having faith in me all season and the tons of test games I bothered you for. And yeah wish I didn't waste all my luck on you LOL.

Win it for us ruiners and I hope the Sharks fucking rot.

ORAS OU: Stathakis vs Steve Angello

Player Name: Stathakis
Tiers Played: ORAS Doubles OU / MAYBE DPP OU if it's an emergency
Timezone : GMT whatever US east is these days
Significant Time Missed?: it's job hunting season so maybe a week or 2 for onsite interviews (gotta get paid), but as of now no plans to miss

i've signed up with an intent to make a splash in doubles. I understand super extenuating circumstances, so if absences make it impossible for one or two weeks to field a competitive roster without putting me in oras ou or dpp ou i'm happy to play those in emergencies, but if it seems like you've bought me with the intent to pigeonhole me into a tier I didn't sign up for, I will resent being deceived and will behave accordingly as a teammate
nails is idiot, lol

go blunder

ORAS OU: blunder vs ABR - dunno how much i like one br's chances when i've seen entire skype calls of them crumble
ORAS OU: IAmGingy vs TheEnder - one sounds like death and the other sounds like ten
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs Hogg - i picture calloflochie as a stoutland because of his pompousness and affinity for dog
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Luigi. - been breaking bread with this character
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Shaneghoul - guess i'll let randoms be randoms
ORAS LC: Heysup vs mad0ka - that defensive core is about the farthest he'll ever penetrate here
ORAS Doubles: Memoric vs deoxys speed - assuming this is like randbats so i'll pick the faster one
BW OU: Evuelf vs SoulWind - just a couple of upstanding foreign fucks. wish the lobby could be this quiet
DPP OU: panamaxis vs Bad Ass - i's bout that maximum ass
ADV OU: Ojama vs dekzeh - decked
GSC OU: Aeroblacktyl vs idiotfrommars - mopped
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs Tiba - i still remember those retarded bw ho rmts however

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Thank you Cryonicles for the chance this season. My time in SPL, especially toward the end, was the best I've had in this game. I kept saying I had never been excited for matches as much as I was for that tiebreaker - for two days, I was able to fully relive the experience I remember just a few years ago playing in sports tournaments, that feeling of brotherhood that forms when everyone is striving for a common goal and giving it your all. That sort of excitement is something to cherish, and I'm infinitely glad I got that shot once more.

On a personal part, I feel a bit like Steven Gerrard at the moment. I'm a Liverpool supporter, love the club with my soul, and had the worst heartbreak in my life in 2014. This video should sum up what I'm talking about for anyone that doesn't already know but by some miracle cares. Lost the title that day and it's exactly what I felt today.

My boys told me there is more to learn in a loss than in a victory, but I really think that I've gotten all the wisdom I need out of defeat by this point. Saying this more so that I look back and have a reminder to perform next year, but I promise to come back to SPL even stronger next time around to avoid this bitter taste in my mouth. Slipping when you see a finish line not too far in the distance is a brutal feeling, one I've endured about four times in the past 4 months or so. No more

These are long and only important to me so please feel free to skip btw:

Lutra - What an upstanding guy you are. That series vs Tiba was incredible man, our Skype group was going wild during it. You faced perhaps the most solid player in a terribly difficult tier and persevered under immense pressure. Throughout the season you were incredibly reliable, self sufficient, kind and helpful and for that I'd love to be on a team with you more in the future.

Porengan - I know you didn't have the season you wanted man, but a veteran like you can come back from anything. I've had so many people tell me of your immense talents in ADV / DPP and am certain that you will continue to be a reliably powerful player going forward.

Sweepage - Don't even know where to begin brother. You said it yourself that we are opposites, but you are the player I respect the most on this site. Nobody aside from our team will understand all that went on behind the scenes, the motivation that you provided the rest of us, the confidence you inspired in our many new players. I still recall the first day of SPL, you had no fucking idea who I was and you were on SmogTours telling people that I was the best UU player and everyone else fucked up by missing me in the draft. I learned a ton from watching your games live and many replays, and if there is one player whose style I want to emulate it'd be yours. I admire the courage you had in volunteering for the playoff tiebreaker, without a doubt man you have a warriors spirit. I am sorry I broke my promise to you and failed at the last leg to put us in that situation in the first place, if we get the chance to team again I promise it won't happen that way once more.

Colchonero - I have so much respect for you Colch. By all accounts you had a rough season last year but you still came back motivated and prepared to play this year. GSC is such an incredibly tough tier, one that I would likely never succeed in because the games are simply too long and require far too much concentration. I look up to you for being able to ignore the "noise" of Pokemon - all the people who play this game seemingly to be rude and put down others - and still play your game. I'd love to learn more from you in this regard.

Teddeh - Ted you are probably the guy I've met in Pokemon that most strikes me as someone I'd want to be bros with IRL. Like legit, you're such a fun person to talk to about honestly anything, mons, girls, partying, whatever. I'll be back in England sometime, me you and HJAD should all get together no joke. For the SPL part, the way you pulled it all together for our run in was top tier. You are so mentally tough, never for a moment did you doubt that you'd bring it all back and end the season playing at your best. That's something that a lot of players can learn from.

Fakes - Fakes you play ADV in a beautiful way dude. What a ridiculous tier, every week matched up against another God of Pokemon. You're an enigma man, can go silent for some time and then storm back with encouraging words, solid teams and even better plays. There is a reason many people told me you were a great pick for our team and I saw it in the games that mattered, really impressive stuff throughout the season.

kamikaze17 - Kami, I'm sorry things didn't pan out the way you'd have hoped during the season. If there is one thing I wish, it was that I was better to help you guys in testing DOU and supporting throughout the year. I think that going forward you can definitely surprise a lot of people that will only look at your record from this season, you have a good understanding of the game and should be able to translate that into more success. When I, the 42nd ranked DOU player on Smogon, win the current seasonal I'll be hopefully at an acceptable level to build and play with you more.

Alexander. - Don't even know what to say here my dude. Alex you are a bro through and through, one of the people I am most glad I ended up on a team with. You have a lot left to teach to me about OU and RBY, and I get the feeling we will test and train together for some time to come. You make incredibly solid plays and have one of the most deserved trophies under your name that I've seen. I am sorry we couldn't get you a Red one to pair with it, maybe next time. But no matter what happened this season I am incredibly happy we ended up on the same team together, no matter how often you get me to believe your retarded trolls I'll always think of you as my bro, something that goes beyond Mons and into RL. I'll make my way over to Italy sometime soon man

GeeMick - Straight up one of the nicest dudes on Smogon. I enjoy talking with you and have a feeling I will be bugging you to help build and test in ORAS and, not too long from now, SuMo. It's funny because you could see you evolving throughout the season man, your builds, plays and mentality all went SSJ throughout the weeks. Your performance in the tiebreak was admirable, to make aggressive plays to keep ABR pegged back that long in such a high stakes match is really something else. With the rate that you are increasing I could see many great things in your future here, this was only the start. I'm proud to have had you on my team, so I can say that we were boys before you start winning all the trophies I know will come your way.

Star. - I gotta start by saying that Starmaster is the coolest username I've ever heard of (go back to that). I watched a bunch of your games toward the beginning of the season and was awestruck. You are wildly solid in so many tiers, have straight demolished me in tests predicting every single move I make and acting appropriately. And to top it all off, you are a humble and kind individual. I'm really glad that we got to be teammates man, you're one of the best people I've met on this site.

Shoka - Wish we got to talk a bit more Shoka, but every time you were in chat and participating at the same time as me I thought you were a straight boss. I love your BW teams, I recently found how fun the tier could be and enjoyed seeing it played at your level. As a veteran, I'm sure you've seen it all before, but once more I'm sorry we couldn't bring you to playoffs which would have been well deserved on your end.

Scythe. - Hands down one of the most intelligent and accurate players on Smogon. For anyone that has miraculously made it this far into my self-serving shoutouts, don't sleep on Scythe. He's got such a ludicrous eye for team building, selection and in-game plays. Additionally, you have such a well balanced attitude that I envy - confident yet never rude, always kind. You are one of three people with a game over me in UU, something I still plan to pay you back for at some point soon, though I know it'll be a fucking tough game. If it were up to me, you'd be on all of my teams in team tournaments, the help you bring to the squad is invaluable. I'll still consider you a rival in the off seasons though, because having such a strong player as my rival will spur me to get better and better to keep up.

Lohgock - Lohgock man you always put the team first in such a great way. You always made sure that the settings were best for your games and I always trusted when you hit the field. I think that you will continue to perform well in the DOU community and think of you as someone who fully understands the game. Keep pressing on man and it'll all come together for you.

jira - Didn't get the chance to talk to you too much man, but I know you are an incredibly solid player who probably has a ton to teach a newb like me in Old Gens. Hope we get the chance to make up for lost time by working together at some point in the future, I look forward to that possibility.

Seeme - You are a rising star man. You'll achieve many things in this game based on your rate of improvement and the glimpses we can all see of your top level skill. Enjoy being a relative underdog for the time being, it won't be long until you are the favorite in all of your matchups. Hope to meet you in OU at some point so I can test my skills, really glad to have had you on the team with me.

daftmau5 - Always great to talk to another finance guy. Both IRL and in mons things will look good for you man, keep up. I'm sorry that we let you down after coming from Classiest, but I hope you enjoyed your time with the team and I really appreciated your sensational attitude with the rest of us after coming over.

PokèManiac Livio - You are one of my favorite people ever. You are so funny and a ridiculously good player. Congrats on going undefeated as well man, wish we had you sooner. Please train me for SmogTour, I know you said you are not a good teacher but I want to make playoffs real bad my man and we get along already so we can definitely do it.

HJAD - So glad we picked you up man. Your constant activity and positive attitude was super important for us picking up momentum post-midseason. We both came up in Grand Slam, so I hope we continue the same trajectory and that it is toward the top. I feel we will continue talking and working together from this point on, we get along definitely really well and you're a great person to test and play with.

Vinc2612 - I'm pretty certain that there is no way you had me pegged as a 10k player pre-draft, so I know I have Val to thank for that. Still though, Vinc, I hope that I did you proud during the season and that you will not hesitate to have me on any of your teams again, because it'd be a pleasure to play for you boss. Easily one of the most level-headed, intelligent players on the site, there is a reason you are one of the big names of competitive pokemon. It was well known that Cryos was the #1 team I wanted to be on this year and regardless of what happened, I'm glad that I was. Thank you for taking the chance on me, it's wildly appreciated and something I won't forget for the rest of my time here.

Valentine - It probably didn't make as much an impression on you, but one of my main motivations to try and just get better at this game was the PM you sent me way back after like, Round 3 of UU Open. It's been a long way since then, and I hope I've made you proud in that time. You've had kind words for me regarding my loss but I still feel I must apologize, I would have made you a playoffs SPL manager and maybe perhaps even a trophy winning one with just one more good game. I wanted to play on Cryos because of the kindness you showed me early on in my Pokemon career and feel that I owe a lot to you man, thank you very much for the chance and for ignoring all the people who shouted "overpay" when you drafted me. I will continue to do my best week in week out and hope that we get to team up again Val.

Thank you to everyone who cheered me on and supported me for these last few months. I am sorry to those that I let down and will do my best to make amends for that in any tour moving forward. It has been a great experience and one I wouldn't trade for anything else. Once more, thank you.

Long live Cryos

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
[#1] Congregation of the Classiest (0) vs [#4] Alpha Ruiners (0)

ORAS OU: blunder vs ABR
ORAS OU: IAmGingy vs TheEnder
ORAS UU: Calloflochie vs Hogg
ORAS RU: New Breed vs Luigi.
ORAS NU: soulgazer vs Shaneghoul
ORAS LC: Heysup vs mad0ka
ORAS Doubles: Memoric vs deoxys speed
BW OU: Evuelf vs SoulWind
DPP OU: panamaxis vs Bad Ass
ADV OU: Ojama vs dekzeh
GSC OU: Aeroblacktyl vs idiotfrommars
RBY OU: Agammemnon vs Tiba

[#2] Wi-Fi Wolfpack (0) vs [#3] Stark Sharks (0)

ORAS OU: Omfuga vs reiku
ORAS UU: aim vs Hikari
ORAS RU: Afro Smash vs Meru
ORAS NU: Bouff vs Cased
ORAS LC: Mambo vs blarajan
ORAS Doubles: Braverius vs TheFourthChaser
BW OU: Lavos Spawn vs GOD MARTH
DPP OU: PDC vs Kevin Garrett
ADV OU: undisputed vs Golden Sun
GSC OU: Bomber. vs Conflict
RBY OU: Bedschibaer vs The_Chaser

go wolfpack :D

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ORAS OU: Omfuga vs reiku | reiku is fire, but so is omfugod. i think reiku has a tiny edge, but he can't sleep on his opponent

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait this is due on Wednesday? I thought the whole point to ending on the weekend is because if there's a very good player who can only play on the weekend (which is usually the availability of people with a job) and if the weekend is in the middle of the week, the opponent can create some last minute excuse to dodge them and potentially make the good player sub out because "there's still time left in the week".

Unless I'm wrong and it's just going to create bigger johnfests then ignore what I said.

RBY OU: Agammemnon vs Tiba- agammemgod

Welli0u

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
[#1] Congregation of the Classiest (0) vs [#4] Alpha Ruiners (0)

RBY OU: Agammemnon vs Tiba

[#2] Wi-Fi Wolfpack (0) vs [#3] Stark Sharks (0)

ORAS OU: Omfuga vs reiku

ORAS OU: blunder vs ABR - About even but I think ABR will want to even the score.
ORAS OU: IAmGingy vs TheEnder - Sorry love u both.
ORAS OU: Stathakis vs Steve Angello - Sorry I love u both.
ORAS OU: Omfuga vs reiku - Reiku too hot rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)