Playoffs Smogon Grand Slam XII Playoffs [ Won by Giannis Antetokommo-o ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Very exciting top 4. The prediction accuracy has dropped to 66% but I've had so many fans reach out (/s) so I'm gonna keep going.

8. Fc vs 13. Giannis Antetokommo-o - I have predicted Fc to lose twice, and he has won both times. I have been alerted and now retract my claims that Fc beat Luth mostly due to luck after some NBC fact checking by spellcaster. Fc played some very very solid endgames vs Crying after facing the most ungodly PU team I have ever seen. If pdt didn't pass mono shadow ball missy the series might've been a sweep by Fc. This is a very tough series to pick because I think Giannis has been more dominant and is the better player, yet Fc has way more experience and results in these lower tiers. Though Ubers, Fc's main tier, is the open that Giannis won. I am going to give the slightest edge to Giannis here, but I want Fc to win bc he's cool and I feel bad always picking him to lose lol.

2. mncmt vs 3. SoulWind - SoulWind is the best player remaining in this tournament, based objectively on his 6 trophies and the fact that he's a tiebreak win away from a 7th. That being said, I'm going to go with the "underdog pick" and choose mence. Mence is ig an underdog bc I think most people will choose SoulWind to win, but he has actually had the much more dominant run in this tour. He's pretty handily defeated both of his opponents while SoulWind has had much closer series in which he hasn't made the best plays in key scenarios (such as in the RU game vs Star).

Both of these series probably going to 5 games and will be a great watch. Gl

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
ggs giannis, wp. Disappointed to go out after coming this far but I didn't play as well as I could have and it ended up costing me in some close games. Big thanks to everyone who's helped me along my run through opens and poffs, Hacker in particular for carrying me to poffs in the first place with teams and continuing to in poffs, but also pdt pokemonisfun Dr. Phd. BJ bb skarm TyCarter (sorry if I forgot anyone) and all my friends who were cheering me on, it meant a lot and I couldn't have made it this far without you all.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
OP is fully up to date with all completed rounds. And that brings us to the final:

13. Giannis Antetokommo-o vs 2. mncmt -- PU will be dropped

Giannis Antetokommo-o (Ubers open winner)
R1: Sylveon used calm mind (3-1)
R2: GXE (3-1)
R3: Fc (3-1)

mncmt (NU open finalist)
R1: Danny (3-0)
R2: Vulpix03 (3-0)
R3: SoulWind (3-2)

Both of these players have made it to the finals of an individual trophy tournament before, but neither has tied the knot yet. Good luck to both!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
wow speaking into existence.
But I predicted it into existence!

Hey… it’s me again. Rocking a solid 71.4% accuracy in this wild playoffs, we have finally reached the end. Definitely devastated that we’ve dropped PU and kept NU and LC. Alas.

Congrats to both players for making it here. Now for the prediction:

Mence (51) vs (49) Giannis -

I am predicting mence meat to be the winner of the 12th smogon Grand Slam. Both of these players have had about equally dominant runs in these playoffs. Mence shut out two opponents and lost twice to soulwind (but it’s soulwind), and Giannis only lost once to each opponent giving them 9-2 and 9-3 records respectively. I didn’t really watch giannis’ series attentively. From what I’ve seen of Mence he has played very well ignoring some goofy errors vs soulwind. Mence is much more attuned to the lower tiers and imagine has a better support system than Giannis. But that’s purely speculation.

At the end of the day, this battle has been reached by fulfilling not one but two requirements. Both of these players accumulated enough points in opens to make it here, and each defeated 3 of the most dominant lower tier players this year. Ultimately this is just a coin toss and comes down to who preps better and makes less mistakes. I know that’s a pretty basic obvious statement, but I think it’s applicable since these two players are of the caliber where mistakes are to a microscopic degree and prep is just about the best it gets. I personally just think that mence will bring this trophy home. Regardless, whoever wins deserves it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)