Smogon Grand Slam IV - Introduction | Read post #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokyo Tom, according to Lord Outrage in a PS! conversation with me, fleggumfl did ask before game 3 "what to bring". Lord Outrage did lure them both to play what would lead to steelphoenix' elimination. Giving the team a couple of days earlier is irrelevant.
This is wrong. I told you I expected him to bring goth g3 before the series even started. I told you many times there was no interaction between the games. I told flegg that steel might bring goth g3 before the series started and you agreed and you told me that my fault was luring steel afterwards into using goth which is the part I accepted.

If you personally consider what I did in your ethical constitution bad and disgusting and idk what it doesn't mean we start amplifying things to inflict more punishment.

p2

Banned deucer.
I feel like I need to address this because none of the TD's have asked my part in this which is pretty important considering the situation. But before that, I'm disappointed in the TDs for acting so quickly and so harshly. I even asked McMeghan if he knew anything about this and turns out he didn't, I mean, if you're leaving the Head TD in the dark about it, you're acting pretty abrupt and hasty about it. Vinc even lied because according to Outrage, he definitely didn't say anything to Vinc about me asking "what to bring g3" because I sure as hell didn't, and on top of that, my post an others defending Outrage were deleted, with Steels post still up for some reason. I mean if you're not letting the Head TD know, lying about what someone is saying, AND removing posts in defense of someone, this sounds really unprofessional and pretty shady to me.

Anyway, I actually want get my side of the story out and not some shitty hashed version like I posted in Sunday.

So anyway, R2 of the Ubers Open went up and I was paired with Steel, obviously. Now I don't know a lot about Ubers but I wasn't doing bad in Slam so I found it necessary to find an Ubers player to help me out with teams. I approached Outrage because he's a Team Rater too and was often on PS and he seemed like a cool guy. He was definitely approachable and he easily gave me teams, teams consisting of the Stall I took G1, HO I took G2, and the team I took G3. However, for G3 teams, he gave me a variety of different teams, mostly balance/semi-stallish builds. I chose the team I used, obviously, and Outrage said to me, "he's likely to bring Goth G3" or something along those lines. And despite my lack of knowledge of Ubers, I took it upon myself to edit the team to have a better matchup against a Gothitelle team (This means that Outrage didn't just Pbin me a straight up cteam, I took the matchup risk and edited them to my liking). The end result of the team was in all honestly, fucking awful, but I trusted Outrage in him saying that Steel was gonna bring Goth because Outrage said he knows Steel and how he plays. So then came the day we played, I took Stall G1, HO G2 and the other team G3 and to my surprise, Steel did use Goth. And as I said, I edited (and took the risk of it) the teams in order to improve my matchup against Goth, the initial team didn't have a horrible matchup but I wanted to win so I improved my odds against a specific team, while throwing a slight chance of winning against anything else. I didn't know that Outrage lured Steel into using Goth G3, but I believed him because I actually had a feeling about him using Goth myself because I won w/ Stall, hence why I went out of the way so much to Counterteam Goth based teams as much as possible while still retaining usability against the rest of the meta. Outrage obviously didn't expect me to take that because he asked afterwards what the fuck I was using because I changed up his sets to such an extreme degree.

So there you have it, my side of the story that wasn't a quick write I made when I was part hungover. But TDs, I urge you to think about loosening Outrage's tour ban a bit because 5 months is honestly too harsh and considering that some people have had much shorter bans, despite ghosting a billion people in major tournaments. And as I said, I'm not impressed with how the TDs acted and how abruptly they came to a conclusion when they never even heard the entire story.

I was also thinking same but wat about steel he got kicked out of tour unfairly manner and naw he has wait another 1 year to make his dream to win ubers open.....
And I got disqualified while I had a big chance to win ubers open and make playoffs if I reach finals. Like why do the punishment have to be carried to after this damn competition. Ok steel got out of open for trusting me but why my punishment should be not playing in spl and ost as well as getting kicked out of open while I had a clear chance to make playoffs. Why does it have to be that harsh and removing me from 3 official tournament out of 4 or 5 smogon hosts a year.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel like I need to address this because none of the TD's have asked my part in this which is pretty important considering the situation. But before that, I'm disappointed in the TDs for acting so quickly and so harshly. I even asked McMeghan if he knew anything about this and turns out he didn't, I mean, if you're leaving the Head TD in the dark about it, you're acting pretty abrupt and hasty about it. Vinc even lied because according to Outrage, he definitely didn't say anything to Vinc about me asking "what to bring g3" because I sure as hell didn't, and on top of that, my post an others defending Outrage were deleted, with Steels post still up for some reason. I mean if you're not letting the Head TD know, lying about what someone is saying, AND removing posts in defense of someone, this sounds really unprofessional and pretty shady to me.

Anyway, I actually want get my side of the story out and not some shitty hashed version like I posted in Sunday.

So anyway, R2 of the Ubers Open went up and I was paired with Steel, obviously. Now I don't know a lot about Ubers but I wasn't doing bad in Slam so I found it necessary to find an Ubers player to help me out with teams. I approached Outrage because he's a Team Rater too and was often on PS and he seemed like a cool guy. He was definitely approachable and he easily gave me teams, teams consisting of the Stall I took G1, HO I took G2, and the team I took G3. However, for G3 teams, he gave me a variety of different teams, mostly balance/semi-stallish builds. I chose the team I used, obviously, and Outrage said to me, "he's likely to bring Goth G3" or something along those lines. And despite my lack of knowledge of Ubers, I took it upon myself to edit the team to have a better matchup against a Gothitelle team (This means that Outrage didn't just Pbin me a straight up cteam, I took the matchup risk and edited them to my liking). The end result of the team was in all honestly, fucking awful, but I trusted Outrage in him saying that Steel was gonna bring Goth because Outrage said he knows Steel and how he plays. So then came the day we played, I took Stall G1, HO G2 and the other team G3 and to my surprise, Steel did use Goth. And as I said, I edited (and took the risk of it) the teams in order to improve my matchup against Goth, the initial team didn't have a horrible matchup but I wanted to win so I improved my odds against a specific team, while throwing a slight chance of winning against anything else. I didn't know that Outrage lured Steel into using Goth G3, but I believed him because I actually had a feeling about him using Goth myself because I won w/ Stall, hence why I went out of the way so much to Counterteam Goth based teams as much as possible while still retaining usability against the rest of the meta. Outrage obviously didn't expect me to take that because he asked afterwards what the fuck I was using because I changed up his sets to such an extreme degree.

So there you have it, my side of the story that wasn't a quick write I made when I was part hungover. But TDs, I urge you to think about loosening Outrage's tour ban a bit because 5 months is honestly too harsh and considering that some people have had much shorter bans, despite ghosting a billion people in major tournaments. And as I said, I'm not impressed with how the TDs acted and how abruptly they came to a conclusion when they never even heard the entire story.

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
das what happens when ppl dont mind their own business

ed.(this applies to both of them though, not just lord outrage)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)