CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry Skin and Shed Skin. I really want it to at least have Dry Skin, but I'll be fine with Insomnia. Air Lock and Synchronize don't really make sense, and neither does Immunity. Rough Skin for the prevo!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just want to remind everyone that Dry Skin also heals 6.25% in Rain, meaning that this could employ an unlimited stall with Leftovers and Sub/Protect in Rain.

It also means LOL Gyarados bye.

Dry Skin is a really awesome ability.

Solar Power and Clear body can be options too
We can also do reverse Dry skin, with firee healing, and water hurting

Dry Skin, and rough Skin

Snare Trap because I think that moves like Wrap have always needed more attention and Insomnia because I think that Ghosts make sense not sleeping, especially with a fighting spirit (like Vital Spirit).

Air Lock and Shed Skin. Air Lock is my priority just for ridding of Sandstorm (right?). Anyway, a cool design was picked too.
It doesn't get rid of sandstorm.

While the pokemon with that move is in the field all the effects of sandstorm are disabled. But if this mummy switches, then the effects of sandstorm are returned. If we want this thing to get rid of powdon/tar we would need to give it power whip.

Okay, I'm voting now. Snare Trap and Air Lock. I would love to put Dry Skin here too, but the ability to use Wrap outside of RBY is amazing. Of course, that means no Bulk Up, or stat ups at all, becuase 5 turns of free set-up is too good. Also, the signature move will be designed around Snare Trap if that is the ability.

So I'm gonna go add in links and make the move thingie in Deck Knight's quote bigger and more obvious.

Dry Skin, as it fits thematically, and Air Lock for a non-novelty answer to any weather team. I would prefer Air Lock much more if we plan to make a chain of usable auto-weather Pokes.

Togekiss, you aren't going to need any of those if you can't stat up in the first place. But yah, maybe making 5-->3 or 4 would be better.

@Everyone choosing dry skin: I realize the connection with mummies being dried out and shit, but if our mummy is already back to life, then why would it help if it got water on/ in it? It's already dead so it's not like it needs water and food. It makes sense on everyone's favorite frog because, you guessed it, he's a frog. Frogs need to be wet every once in a while to live. How does the mummy fit? And don't take that croagunk/toxicroak thing too seriously, as I know that pokemon use their abilities in different ways than others.

How does that work flavor-wise? Why would a mummy want to be set on fire?
Well I thought of it 2 ways:

1. I think of mummys usually in a desert setting, and since deserts are usually hot, fire would be good I guess.
2. Water is going to make the bandages wet, and soggy bandages would cause it lose shape, and that would hurt

Well I thought of it 2 ways:

1. I think of mummys usually in a desert setting, and since deserts are usually hot, fire would be good I guess.
2. Water is going to make the bandages wet, and soggy bandages would cause it lose shape, and that would hurt
Deserts are dry, not on fire.
If soggy bandages would hurt, then so would bandages that are engulfed in flames.

As for how it would work on him: Fire hurts, because obviously he's covered in something that catches fire and burns very easily. Why he would recover from water, well... it could be absorbed by any remaining skin. Remember, skin absorbs water, so dry skin would absorb it even better. Could even be seen as providing water padding between muscles and skin, thus providing the healing part and not just absorbing part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)