CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and given this is part fighting who wants to bet "give it the elemental punches!" comes up. Quite frankly I can't find a good argument against them considering both Gengar and Dusknoir get them, along with basically every fighting type via Emerald tutors.
We can just give it an attack of around 80 or less and make him a bulky sweeper/tank.

BTW, my BST idea for a Bulky Ghost/Fight or Ghost/Steel sweeper.

70/110/100/75/90/70= 515 total

or

70/80/110/90/100/70

That's still more than the amount of physical sweepers we have.

Besides, two Pokemon of the same or a similar typing filling nearly the same role is not a cause for us to create another Pokemon like it. I want to add something unique to the game, not a Dusknoir/Spiritomb clone which this will most likely end up being.

It doesn't have to be a tank, or sweeper. It could be a support Pokemon, like 105/80/85/80/95/70 or something with a large movepool.

I want it to be a sweeper. :(

But it looks like Ghost/Fight won't win this round anyways. Maybe Hyra will do a second poll.

I went ghost/fighting, better typing than most but normal, fire seems awful to go with it but thats just me, at least it'd look cool....hmm UU ghost?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fire/Ghost eh?

Hmmm...

65/70/65/125/75/95 = 495.

Trust me on this, STAB Overheat is beastly. With Life Orb, Positive nature and Max SA this will OHKO Hippowdon over 90% of the time.

Or are there too many specal-based Ghosts?

Physical-based:

75/120/70/60/65/105 = 495.

This could use Shadow Claw and Flare Blitz quite well, as well as Thunderpunch. It's Subpunching would be quite powerful as well. Don't even try to switch in Weavile.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
How about a "jack of all trades," as in a Pokemon with the ability to tank, physically attack, or specially attack with the right EV distribution? Sort of like Swampert or Porygon2.

Can it please be UU? Fire/Ghost would be awesome, and I play UU more than OU these days. Anyway, Nintendo wouldn't accept a dex full of supermons anyway, we need a few weaklings.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How about a "jack of all trades," as in a Pokemon with the ability to tank, physically attack, or specially attack with the right EV distribution? Sort of like Swampert or Porygon2.
Fire/Ghost is a very poor type to attempt any sort of tanking. It's Pursuit bait AND Dugtrio bait, in addition to having a horrible Rock and Water weak.

Seriously, if you want a Fire type, give it enough Attack or SA to blast the ever-loving crap out of enemies. A well placed Overheat goes a long way, especially in OU where Steel tanks, Physical walls with shaky SD, and Groos run rampant.

For some interesting calculations, check out the following. I am an avid supporter of Ghost / Fighting, and I would like to show just how awesome it would be. However, to properly display damage calculations, I will have to assign arbitrary numbers to the base statistics that I feel would be good choices.

90 HP / 82 ATK / 125 DEF / 78 SPATK / 100 SPDEF / 65 SPD
Base Statistics Total = 540

Let us presume we used a very basic 252 HP / 252 Defense +Defense Spread, because we want this to be able to simply overcome certain physical attackers.

Behold some of these damage calculations against the two main Pokemon that it could counter, making it one of the only Pokemon in the game that can reliably counter both Heracross and Tyranitar. Hell, according to the calculations, a Ghost / Fighting would perhaps convince most Heracross to carry Shadow Claw over Night Slash or Pursuit!

Against 252 HP / 252 Defense +Defense Ghost / Fighting
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Close Combat = Immune
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Megahorn = 12-15%
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Stone Edge = 14-16%
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Pursuit (Without Switching) = 11-14%
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Night Slash = 20-23%
Max Attack Choice Band Heracross Shadow Claw = 40-47%
Max Attack Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge = 22-26%
Max Attack Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch = 35-42%
Max Attack Choice Band Tyranitar Earthquake = 30-35%

And, just to prove that this would not be overpowered, here are some damage calculations that show that this could be taken down due to its Flying, Ghost, and Psychic weaknesses. Keep in mind that I am only addressing physical attacks, as it would obviously have a far greater weakness to special attacks. So, remember, all of the following calculations are what certain Pokemon could do against an absolute Max Physical Defensive Ghost / Fighting with the given arbitrary statistics.

Max Attack Choice Band Medicham Psycho Cut = 74-87%
Max Attack Choice Scarf Medicham Psycho Cut = 50-59%
Max Attack Choice Band Staraptor Brave Bird = 98-100%
Max Attack Choice Scarf Staraptor Brave Bird = 66-77%

Just giving out some information. Basically, a Ghost / Fighting would have some problems countering some of the premier special attackers in the game due to the prevalence of Gengar (Shadow Ball), Yanmega (Air Slash), Togekiss (Air Slash), Lucario (Shadow Ball), Alakazam (Psychic / Shadow Ball), and the like, as well as some physical attackers like Medicham (Psycho Cut) and Staraptor (Brave Bird).

Yet another chapter in the case for Ghost / Fighting ...

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Fire/Ghost is a very poor type to attempt any sort of tanking. It's Pursuit bait AND Dugtrio bait, in addition to having a horrible Rock and Water weak.

Seriously, if you want a Fire type, give it enough Attack or SA to blast the ever-loving crap out of enemies. A well placed Overheat goes a long way, especially in OU where Steel tanks, Physical walls with shaky SD, and Groos run rampant.
Well, I wasn't talking about Ghost/Fire directly, more about the entire group of popular types that seem to be winning. For example, Ghost/Normal is a very interesting type, trading it's normal type weaknesses for the ghost's dark weakness. That should be it a very reasonable contender for the Jack of All Trades Pokemon, much in the same way as Snorlax functions but arguably better if the base stats are divided properly. Being "Pursuit-bait" is easily solved with a proper team, synergy included, to defend it.

Yes! Ghost/Fire is winning by 12 votes!

I still want to see a light Special Sweeper, probably with base stats along the lines of 75/60/70/120/65/120 (BST: 510), or maybe something like 65/50/65/110/65/140 (BST: 495). If not, maybe a mixed tank to wall Syclant

Damnit people, vote for Ghost/Fighting D:. Don't make FSS hard work and great persuasive skill go down the drain because you want an Overheating/Shadow Balling Will-o-wisp pokemon.

I feel it's a shame that ghost/fire is winning. Such terrible typing, because fire is just a crappy type (defensively). Ghost fighting, on the otherhand would seriously fucking own. WHY IS IT NOT WINNING!? Ghost/grass would be fun as well.

Being a avid Fire type fan i agree while Fire while sucky for defense BUT fire has one of the best offensive typings in the metagame with all the steels being whored to stop dragons and chasing off the ever annoying breloom is always a plus in my books

Yes! Ghost/Fire is winning by 12 votes!

I still want to see a light Special Sweeper, probably with base stats along the lines of 75/60/70/120/65/120 (BST: 510), or maybe something like 65/50/65/110/65/140 (BST: 495). If not, maybe a mixed tank to wall Syclant
I'm thinking making it a Sp.Sweeper. Same speed as Syclant and a priority Fire move, so Syclant now has an awsome counter!

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really want Hyra to add in the next poll "NO LEVITATE NO LEVITATE NO LEVITATE" to Ghost/Fire's entry. I really think some people are voting on that just because of Levitate.

I probably should do that for all of the options in the next poll. Too many people assume Ghost=Levitate.

And I am doing another poll with all options scoring above 10%.

I probably should do that for all of the options in the next poll. Too many people assume Ghost=Levitate.

And I am doing another poll with all options scoring above 10%.
You should, and soon this one is getting boring. And I agree no levitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)