CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. i didnt know it was september 19th already. where have the times gone. anyways, ghost grass is in the lead, so, woot!!

Wait, we've already decided this poll is going to be for a new pokemon, right? Ghost/Fighting needs to be saved for a Banette Evo, so...

Meh, I'll decide later. I still really like the idea of Steel/Ghost even without Levitate but that's hardly getting any support right now, so I guess I'll hold off on voting.

I would like Ghost/Grass, but i voted Ghost/Normal, as I doubt Grass has a chance.

I guess fire/fighting could work, but I dont like it.

I know we're not up to it yet, but this HAS to be a physical sweeper.

EDIT: This was long after I had voted, so don't worry. LOL i must look pretty retarded right now....

You know, I thought Ghost/Grass would be stupid, but then I just thought... Will-O-Wisp + Leech Seed would be awesome.

So I guess I'm ok with /Grass or /Fire now.

really want ghost water
but i also want my vote to count
and i think ghost grass has more potential

i already know what a ghost fire would look like

Jesus Chirst I left for a few hour for sleep and when I come back I see Ghost/Fire and Ghost/Grass winning and no support to Ghost/Steel. Why is it that as soon as Hyra put the "No Leviate" thing in the poll with Ghost/Steel, everyone and their grandmother gave up on it =/. Well since the odds are Ghost/Steel will fail this round I'll be rooting for Ghost/Fighting or Normal until I see a comeback from Ghost/Steel.

Things that Resist Ghost/Fire:
Rock/Dark
Dark/Fire
Water/Dark
Fire/Steel
Normal/Water

Things that Resist Ghost/Grass
Dark/Fire
Grass/Dark
Dark/Flying
Poison/Dark
Steel/Bug
Steel/Flying
Steel/Dragon

I think I left a few type combos out.

Ghost/Grass WITH FlashFire. Coming in on a fire attack would be akin to having 3 STAB attacks.

Would look like a dead ent with a secondary sprite that starts burning once FlashFire activates.
That would provide the pokemon with 3 immunities and totally removing Grass's weakness to fire.

With FlashFire activated, its 3 'STAB' moves(including Fire) would cover a good range of types. Would be able to hit Steel SE which grass and are NVE. Only real thing that would resist it is Heatran with FlashFire.

Just imagine giving it LeechSeed and when another Grass type comes in to absorb the Seed you FireBlast it to death...

Ghost/Fighting for the awesome STAB. I would go Ghost/Fire at first, but noticed that would give us another SR weak Pokemon...

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gah, too many potential type combos. I wrote a loooong tl;dr post concerning all of the combos, but that seemed like a waste of time. I'm just going with Ghost/Rock for now, but my vote might change on the later polls...

EDIT: Damn, I picked one of the lowest ones... Of course, in defense of Ghost/Fire, it has eight resistances (Steel, Ice, 4x Bug, Poison, Grass, Fire, Fighting Immunity and Normal Immunity), which is actually a very good trait for a defensive pokemon. The problem with that is with it comes 5 weaknesses (Rock, Water, Dark, Ghost and Ground), all of which are common attacking types, as well as a Stealth Rock weakness (hai Syclant). Also, I came up with 4 satisfying designs for a Ghost/Fire on my lunch, and to me that seems like no fun at all. I mean, Syclant was the only design for the previous poll I was really satisfied with, and that was because it was a tricky idea. I want to work on a type combination that really gets my mind thinking, and Ghost/Fire is way too easy to design.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, why are people voting for Ghost/Grass? It just plain sucks. No dual typing advantages, sucky STABS, Fire, Ice, Dark, Ghost, Flying weaknesses. WTF is going on?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK, why are people voting for Ghost/Grass? It just plain sucks. No dual typing advantages, sucky STABS, Fire, Ice, Dark, Ghost, Flying weaknesses. WTF is going on?
Leech Seed. No Rapid Spins. Leech Seed. No Rapid Spins. Leech Seed. No Rapid Spins.

It also resists EQ, TBolt, Waterfall, and Normal/Fight Immune.

Swampy and Gyarados say "OMG No Whut!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)