Gen 7 [SM OU] My favorite set of all time (ft. My second favorite pokemon of all time)

:sm/landorus-therian:
Lando (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Imprison

This is him. I love this set, genuinely my favorite of all time and what I build most of my teams around nowadays (provided it's in the game *cough SV OU cough*). EQ could probably be replaced with u-turn or, if I really wanted to hyper optimize against the HO mirror, Rock Tomb. Explosion is the best move ever I love it. Rocks is Rocks, mandatory here. Imprison is why I love this set, when I first got introduced to it through a flygon team in this tier (which I wish I could find again) it made me so happy to click what I used to think was a bad move and then beat other landos. The speed tie sucks and you don't really beat scarf but what can u do, it's the best mon in the tier.

:sm/thundurus-therian:
Azzy (Thundurus-Therian) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

This was the second mon I added to the team and quite honestly it is my favorite thing to use in SM OU. The dopamine spike I get when I see a team that is just 6-0'd by thundurus-therian behind screens is unmatched by most things. Standard affair here with the exception of HP Ice, which I value a lot more than the STAB of HP Flying. I was running Electrium Z for a bit but I've gone back to Fightinium Z and it's honestly really nice to just defeat steel types without setup (with the exception of AV Magearna please leave me alone).

:sm/tapu-koko:
Lulu's Brother (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

The screens setter and the enabler of like 3 other things here. I tried a few things in this slot before settling on Koko, with my favorite being scarf Tapu Lele for the speed control. That being said, Screens Koko just enables the team a lot and it's objectively the right choice. Taunt for the rotom-washes that I 'splode with lando before they can defog, and u-turn can't be blocked by volt absorbers or ground types. One small thing is that it's not faster than Mega Lopunny but that's what the Hawlucha is for.

:sm/hawlucha:
Fast idiot (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

This is the set I'm most proud of. It's a bit different from the set on the analysis page because it's 1 point of speed faster but is still guaranteed to survive a +0 unburden acrobatics from opposing hawluchas after electric seed. Other than that it's the standard affair. I used to not like lucha but it's grown on me after using it for a bit, I also tried Kommo-O in this slot but it didn't feel good or fast enough.

:sm/kartana:
Maro Krat (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Kartana has been on here since day 1. It's low key the dumbest mon in the tier. I wish I could get away with using an item that isn't scarf but the speed control is so valuable that I can't justify getting rid of it. Standard affair here too but someone could totally justify replacing smart strike with defog because my team is low key hosed by hazards, but if all goes well I'm not switching very often so maybe it's not that big of a deal actually.

:sm/alakazam-mega:
Spork (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

The mega slot on this team has been changing a lot. Originally (when I didn't realize the landorus set was HO exclusive because I'm bad) it was a Mega Scizor, however that conflicted with both the pace I want to be playing and the Tapu Lele that was originally here. I then switched it to Mega Zam because Psychic go brrrr but then I changed tapus and with it megas. I tried Mega Charizard Y because I was under the impression that it beat toxapex, somehow. Then I realized how bad I lost to rain so I swapped to Mega Gyarados, but Mega Gyarados just feels so fuckin bad to use outside of the rain matchup so I eventually went back to Mega Zam. No recover because quite honestly you almost never survive a hit to begin with and Energy Ball solves my rain problem by either forcing the swampert out or winning the game instantly with trace swift swim.

:sm/landorus-therian:
Lando (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Imprison

This is him. I love this set, genuinely my favorite of all time and what I build most of my teams around nowadays (provided it's in the game *cough SV OU cough*). EQ could probably be replaced with u-turn or, if I really wanted to hyper optimize against the HO mirror, Rock Tomb. Explosion is the best move ever I love it. Rocks is Rocks, mandatory here. Imprison is why I love this set, when I first got introduced to it through a flygon team in this tier (which I wish I could find again) it made me so happy to click what I used to think was a bad move and then beat other landos. The speed tie sucks and you don't really beat scarf but what can u do, it's the best mon in the tier.

:sm/thundurus-therian:
Azzy (Thundurus-Therian) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

This was the second mon I added to the team and quite honestly it is my favorite thing to use in SM OU. The dopamine spike I get when I see a team that is just 6-0'd by thundurus-therian behind screens is unmatched by most things. Standard affair here with the exception of HP Ice, which I value a lot more than the STAB of HP Flying. I was running Electrium Z for a bit but I've gone back to Fightinium Z and it's honestly really nice to just defeat steel types without setup (with the exception of AV Magearna please leave me alone).

:sm/tapu-koko:
Lulu's Brother (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

The screens setter and the enabler of like 3 other things here. I tried a few things in this slot before settling on Koko, with my favorite being scarf Tapu Lele for the speed control. That being said, Screens Koko just enables the team a lot and it's objectively the right choice. Taunt for the rotom-washes that I 'splode with lando before they can defog, and u-turn can't be blocked by volt absorbers or ground types. One small thing is that it's not faster than Mega Lopunny but that's what the Hawlucha is for.

:sm/hawlucha:
Fast idiot (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Roost

This is the set I'm most proud of. It's a bit different from the set on the analysis page because it's 1 point of speed faster but is still guaranteed to survive a +0 unburden acrobatics from opposing hawluchas after electric seed. Other than that it's the standard affair. I used to not like lucha but it's grown on me after using it for a bit, I also tried Kommo-O in this slot but it didn't feel good or fast enough.

:sm/kartana:
Maro Krat (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Kartana has been on here since day 1. It's low key the dumbest mon in the tier. I wish I could get away with using an item that isn't scarf but the speed control is so valuable that I can't justify getting rid of it. Standard affair here too but someone could totally justify replacing smart strike with defog because my team is low key hosed by hazards, but if all goes well I'm not switching very often so maybe it's not that big of a deal actually.

:sm/alakazam-mega:
Spork (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

The mega slot on this team has been changing a lot. Originally (when I didn't realize the landorus set was HO exclusive because I'm bad) it was a Mega Scizor, however that conflicted with both the pace I want to be playing and the Tapu Lele that was originally here. I then switched it to Mega Zam because Psychic go brrrr but then I changed tapus and with it megas. I tried Mega Charizard Y because I was under the impression that it beat toxapex, somehow. Then I realized how bad I lost to rain so I swapped to Mega Gyarados, but Mega Gyarados just feels so fuckin bad to use outside of the rain matchup so I eventually went back to Mega Zam. No recover because quite honestly you almost never survive a hit to begin with and Energy Ball solves my rain problem by either forcing the swampert out or winning the game instantly with trace swift swim.
Thundy is an interesting pick. For that slot, maybe a serperior could be nice

I'll try serp in that spot in the future, what set would you recommend?
you would probably just wanna use a sub glare leaf storm set :
Serperior @ Leftovers

Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Glare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)