Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh sorry.. i just needed 2 including the original.. my bad.. wrong choice of words :)
Ok no worries just wanted to make sure you got all you wanted. :)

Anyone have thoughts on Brave Bird vs Drill Peck on Skarmory? So far for Egg Moves I have Curse, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, and one of the two attacks. Maybe just get rid of Curse for both attacks?

Also still looking for a Safari Ball Shroomish preferably with HA.

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts on Brave Bird vs Drill Peck on Skarmory? So far for Egg Moves I have Curse, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, and one of the two attacks. Maybe just get rid of Curse for both attacks?
Between its lack-luster base Attack and the fact that it rarely has to attack at all, I'd stick with Brave Bird. Curse might have some utility for Battle Spot shenanigans, and you want a Skarmory with two attacks, Brave Bird + Iron Head (or Steel Wing until Tutors come back) is a better combination than Drill Peck + Iron Head.

I'm new to competitive and am building my first competitive team for OU. Can anyone give me an evaluation??

Salamence:

Ability: Moxie
Item: Flynium Z
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moveset: Dragon Dance
Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Magnezone:

Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Modest
EV Spread: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Moveset: Volt Switch
HP Fire
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon

Greninja:

Ability: Protean
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset: Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Taunt
Ice Beam

Alolan Marowak:

Ability: Rock Head / Lightning Rod
Item: Thick Club
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 252 Atk / 4SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset: Shadow Bone
Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Boomerang

Mega Scizor:

Ability: Light Metal
Item: Scizorite
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Moveset: Defog
U-turn
Bullet Punch
Roost

Garchomp:

Ability: Rough Skin
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Naive
EV Spread: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moveset: Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Outrage
Fire Fang / Fire Blast

Also, any help getting the last 5 Pokemon would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm new to competitive, so I don't have much to offer in return, but I will do anything within my power to help you back.

Ok no worries just wanted to make sure you got all you wanted. :)

Also still looking for a Safari Ball Shroomish preferably with HA.
I had a similar problem with my Gen 6 Snorlax. Couldnt fit all of Curse, Whirlwind, Fissure, Fire Punch and Recycle on it between egg moves and move tutors so i just bred two.

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sure, whenever you can
Alright, the Scyther is ready for you whenever you would like w/ 5IVs (-SpA) and EMs Counter, Defog, Reversal and Endure. I am able to attach a Metal Coat onto it if you would like it as a Scizor as well; I'll leave that up to you.

I will be available for the next three or so hours, and for some of tomorrow. FC is in the signature, and the Pokemon was bred in my copy of Pokemon X.

I'm new to competitive and am building my first competitive team for OU. Can anyone give me an evaluation??

Salamence:

Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Magnezone:

HP Fire
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon

Greninja:

Toxic Spikes
Taunt
Ice Beam

Alolan Marowak:

Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Boomerang

Mega Scizor:

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Roost

Garchomp:

Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Outrage
Fire Fang / Fire Blast

Also, any help getting the last 5 Pokemon would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm new to competitive, so I don't have much to offer in return, but I will do anything within my power to help you back.
I could breed you a 5/6 iv Gible if you need it, just give me the specifics. Jolly would be easier for me since my Garchomp is jolly.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can give you a free copy.

You already know how that song and dance goes:

Since arranging trades can be tricky at times (especially when both trade partners live in different time zones), I figured it'd be better to trade via GTS:

Catch or hatch a male Salandit if you don't have a spare one already and deposit it on the GTS, asking for a Lv. 100 Aegislash.
Leave me a message on my profile, including your IGN, the ball your Salandit was caught/bred in, as well as the level.
I'll send you your Pokémon as soon as I can.

If anybody else reads this message and wants a free copy, feel free to deposit a Salandit on the GTS and let me know the info on my profile!

Alright, the Scyther is ready for you whenever you would like w/ 5IVs (-SpA) and EMs Counter, Defog, Reversal and Endure. I am able to attach a Metal Coat onto it if you would like it as a Scizor as well; I'll leave that up to you.

I will be available for the next three or so hours, and for some of tomorrow. FC is in the signature, and the Pokemon was bred in my copy of Pokemon X.
I'm available right now. I'll take the Meta Coat, thank you :)

I could breed you a 5/6 iv Gible if you need it, just give me the specifics. Jolly would be easier for me since my Garchomp is jolly.
That’d be fantastic. Jolly Nature is perfect. As long as it has best IVs in the stats that I’m putting EVs in, the others can be random. If there are any egg moves in the move set specified, that’d be amazing if you could put them on it. Gender doesn’t matter. As long as it’s set up to train or breed to get that garchomp, it really doesn’t matter. Thank you so much. I’m not home at the moment but I should be around 1 EST. But I’m gonna be going somewhere else without internet today too so I may not be home until 5 or 6 EST. Thank you.

That’d be fantastic. Jolly Nature is perfect. As long as it has best IVs in the stats that I’m putting EVs in, the others can be random. If there are any egg moves in the move set specified, that’d be amazing if you could put them on it. Gender doesn’t matter. As long as it’s set up to train or breed to get that garchomp, it really doesn’t matter. Thank you so much. I’m not home at the moment but I should be around 1 EST. But I’m gonna be going somewhere else without internet today too so I may not be home until 5 or 6 EST. Thank you.
It's gonna be 5IV at least, both parents are 6IV so it's no bother putting in the 5mins of extra work, gonna start breeding then. ^^
Do you want me to infect it with Pokerus for faster EV training?

It's gonna be 5IV at least, both parents are 6IV so it's no bother putting in the 5mins of extra work, gonna start breeding then. ^^
Do you want me to infect it with Pokerus for faster EV training?
I have a couple Pokémon with pokerus so you can if it’s no extra work for you, but if it’ll take too long, don’t worry about it. Thank you so much.

Salamence:

Fly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Magnezone:

HP Fire
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon

Greninja:

Toxic Spikes
Taunt
Ice Beam

Alolan Marowak:

Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
Swords Dance
Boomerang

Mega Scizor:

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Roost

Garchomp:

Earthquake
Dragon Claw / Outrage
Fire Fang / Fire Blast

Keep in mind I'm no authority on OU team-building, but here are my two cents:
  • Not sure if dual-hazard Greninja and Defog Scizor are the best of team-mates, Defog usually is used when you only set Rocks, because they're easier to re-set again. A set with 3 attacks + Spikes might work better, since you're a bit short on special attackers anyway.
  • Although Light Metal is the best ability for Mega Scizor, for cartridge play I actually recommend sticking with Technician. That way, you can use the same Scizor in a team with another Mega, instead of having to breed a new one.
  • Alolan-Marowak should probably stick to Flare Blitz, it's easier to get, and since your team doesn't seem weak to Electric, perhaps you can make Rock Head work. Fire Punch is a little underpowered to justify the lack of recoil.
  • Not sure what I'd recommend for Garchomp's 4th slot (maybe Stealth Rock?), but I'd rule out Fire Blast, that's more of a Mega-Chomp thing.

I can breed you a non-Fire Punch Lightining Rod A-Marowak if you want. Can give it pokerus too, sorry I didn't infect the Bagon.

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If anyone happens to stumble upon a Lonely Magikarp or Gyarados, in either Gen VI or VII, on their GTS or Wonder Trade travels, or pop out some bred fodder, let me know, all other details irrelevant.

Thank you so much. If you have the extra time, can you edit my team the way you think it would be the best? I understand if you don’t want to. And the bagon is perfectly fine uninfected. I have plenty of Pokémon with pokerus.
Keep in mind I'm no authority on OU team-building, but here are my two cents:
  • Not sure if dual-hazard Greninja and Defog Scizor are the best of team-mates, Defog usually is used when you only set Rocks, because they're easier to re-set again. A set with 3 attacks + Spikes might work better, since you're a bit short on special attackers anyway.
  • Although Light Metal is the best ability for Mega Scizor, for cartridge play I actually recommend sticking with Technician. That way, you can use the same Scizor in a team with another Mega, instead of having to breed a new one.
  • Alolan-Marowak should probably stick to Flare Blitz, it's easier to get, and since your team doesn't seem weak to Electric, perhaps you can make Rock Head work. Fire Punch is a little underpowered to justify the lack of recoil.
  • Not sure what I'd recommend for Garchomp's 4th slot (maybe Stealth Rock?), but I'd rule out Fire Blast, that's more of a Mega-Chomp thing.

I can breed you a non-Fire Punch Lightining Rod A-Marowak if you want. Can give it pokerus too, sorry I didn't infect the Bagon.
h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)