Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been soft reseting the event Shaymin and got a Timid Nature with 31/12/25/30/31/31. Is this good or do I need to reset again?
I think the standard for soft-resetting gen 6 Legendaries nowadays is so high that anything less than 30 in a relevant stat is considered to be an auto-toss.

I would keep that particular Shaymin if I were you however.

For the Shaymin SR, is any nature other than Timid acceptable?... Like Modest, and/ or (sp.) defensive?
After looking at the strategy dex for regular shaymin and sky form and from experience honestly shaymin needs timid. Shaymin Sky form absolutely needs a timid nature to outspeed and get flinches and pick off weak opponents. While one can maybe argue that regular shaymin can run a modest nature I personally would not consider running regular shaymin and would soft reset for a flawless timid one for the amazing sky form version. Hope my opinion helps.

After looking at the strategy dex for regular shaymin and sky form and from experience honestly shaymin needs timid. Shaymin Sky form absolutely needs a timid nature to outspeed and get flinches and pick off weak opponents. While one can maybe argue that regular shaymin can run a modest nature I personally would not consider running regular shaymin and would soft reset for a flawless timid one for the amazing sky form version. Hope my opinion helps.
Thanks!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
For the Shaymin SR, is any nature other than Timid acceptable?... Like Modest, and/ or (sp.) defensive?
For trade value, no. There are multiple Smogdex entries for both regular Shaymin and Shaymin-Sky, neither of them suggests any other nature than Timid, so going for Timid with 30+/X/30+/31/30+/31 (unless hidden power rock/fire) would be the best option.

If you're just SR'ing to use it for personal use however, you could probably settle for a Calm/Bold or maybe even Adamant nature, if you feel the IV spread is too good to toss for. And besides, it would be quite boring if all Shaymin that were traded around were Timid.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Bold, calm, and modest are acceptable natures if you want to use regular Shaymin in UU and OU. If you want to use the Sky forme then Timid is your only option.

Hello, I can breed you those 3 in level balls; anything specific you want on them?
Oh really! ? I was beginning to lose hope already! =,] Nah as long as they're females I can get going with the breeding! Don't want to take more of your time. Please do have a look through my thread and name your price!

Oh really! ? I was beginning to lose hope already! =,] Nah as long as they're females I can get going with the breeding! Don't want to take more of your time. Please do have a look through my thread and name your price!
Alright, I'll post on your wall when I have them ready. I don't need anything back.

EDIT: It can/will take a while as I'm not home right now. Sorry!

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have lost my cartridge, and was looking for the following Ditto to start breeding again:

-Ditto 31/30/30/31/31/31 HP ICE
-Ditto 31/E/31/30/31/31 HP GRASS
-Ditto 31/x/31/30/30/31 HP GROUND
-Ditto 31/x/31/30/31/30 HP FIRE

Let me know if you can help ^.^

Edit- Helped

Last edited:
Any justification for keeping this despite the shitty nature (and then high speed for that nature)? (I have others to reset for too.)

Shaymin | Sassy
29/31/31/31/31+/23-

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
Any justification for keeping this despite the shitty nature (and then high speed for that nature)? (I have others to reset for too.)

Shaymin | Sassy
29/31/31/31/31+/23-
Nope. I don't think anyone would trade for that and I wouldn't recommend it for personal use either.

What set would you use with a calm nature or bold natured Shaymin?
Depends on what you want it to do. Shaymin makes for a decent cleric because it gets Aromatherapy and Synthesis though it is overshadowed by Chansey and Blissey. Shaymin's advantage over those two is it's access to Seed Flare.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, does somebody have an extra lucky egg... or several lol?
How many do you need? I can give you a couple of Lucky Eggs for absolutely free.
Let me know how many you need on my profile. You can find my trainer information in my signature down below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)