Approved Show Heavy-Duty Boots if a non-Flying-Type Pokemon switches into the field when Stealth Rock + Sticky Web are present and the messages fail to trigger

In this particular case, the item is guaranteed to he Heavy-Duty Boots. This is because the only ways to be immune to Sticky Web are Flying-Type, (hence the title) Air Balloon (Which reveals itself upon switch in anyway) and Levitate, but the only other way to be immune to Stealth Rock is Magic Guard. (and CAP's Mountaineer I guess) The two abilities can't be stacked, meaning not triggering both messages (Clear Body and co. trigger the Sticky Web message) guarantees the item is Heavy-Duty Boots, even in a hackmons scenario, since no other item allows the holder to be immune to either hazard.

While I get the idea, it is weird to reveal stuff even if they are 100% obvious, because several other cases won't go that way.
When Clefable doesn't take Leech Seeds + Hazards + Sandstorm in the same turn, Magic Guard isn't revealed though it's the only possible way for it to happen, when Torkoal's sun lasts 8 turns, Heat Rock remains secret or when a trapping move does 1/6, Binding Band does not show and so on.

I always went by the assumption only stuff revealed on cartridge are and should be revealed on the sim. Even if you get weird cases with mons with only a single possible ability etc

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
The only reason we don't reveal stuff that's 100% obvious is because no one's gotten around to writing the code for it (usually because it'd be messy and would require keeping track of things we don't currently track). We'd be happy to accept such code if someone else wrote it. Do keep in mind that we have a lot of OMs that break ability legality that would need to be worked around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)