Sciztar's Trick Room Team

Introduction

Hello Smogon, this is my second RMT. I had a Sandstorm Trick Room Team, while it was good it had too many flaws, so I had to drop the team. I kept only two Pokemon from my original team, which were Rankurusu and Bronzong. This new team peaked on PO at 1345, which was better than the other team but it still needs some help. I decided not to do a weather base team. There were a few main thoughts that went into the team selection process. First off, I wanted to make a team built around Reckless / Blaze Emboar. Now I know Emboar doesn't work in OU unless it has Reckless, but its flaw is Entry Hazards and Recoil. As long as I can get him out on the field with no Entry Hazards its hard to get rid of. I have tried to avoid using Pokemon like Clamperl, Rhyperior, Ramparous, and Marowak who only function well within Trick Room, since we know that it's impossible to keep Trick Room up at all times. Next I wanted Pokemon that could benefit from not needing to invest in Speed, as it would free up the ability to invest in bulk.

Team Synergy

At A Glance

|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_

A Closer Look

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
  • Levitate
  • 252 HP | 88 Atk | 168 SpD
  • Sassy Nature [+Attack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
  • Stealth Rock - Stealth Rock is here to get some entry hazards up, to make it easier for my sweepers to get some KOs.
  • Explosion - When the game is getting close, and I need a turn to switch into my sweepers, and to maybe take out a pokemon or two.
  • Trick Room - Bronzong is the main mid-game setter of Trick Room and has been the most effective setter in ths team overall.
  • Gyro Ball - Bronzong's signature move with Macho BAcho which guarantees Base 150 STAB move for Bronzong.

• Why this Pokemon?:
    Bronzong was picked for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was that it's simply a great Trick Room and a surprise sweeper. Bronzong is a staple on every trick room team and for a reason. Bronzong is even more valuable in BW checking most of the sand sweepers , he has excellent bulk and good ability.
  • EVs & Nature:

• Considered Changes
Nothing at the moment.​

• Jirachi: Stealth Rock then Trick Room. Switch b/c most carry Fire Punch or Earthquake as appropriate.
  • Metagross:First Stealth Rock, then Trick Room, then switch to Emboar or Earthquake as appropriate.
  • Azelf:Trick Room then Stealth Rock, then Gyro Ball or switch as appropriate.
  • Politoed: Stealth Rock then switch to Dragonite as soon as possible. If switching to Dragonite, try to TR first. This lead is trouble b/c Hydro Pump in rain KOs Bronzong and Scizor.
  • Ninetales:Trick room then switch to Emboar.
  • Infernape: Trick room then SR. After this, you're usually dead, but if not you switch to Dragonite or Reuniclus.
  • Hippowdon:SR then Trick Room. Switch to Dragonite or Reuniclus as appropriate. Generally, this lead can be trouble.
  • Bronzong: SR then Trick Room. If put to sleep, go to Reuniclus and let him set up Trick Room or go to Emboar.
  • Ninjask: SR then Trick Room, then Gyro Ball as appropriate to break the Sub.
  • Tyranitar: SR then Gyro Ball as appropriate. Set up Trick Room after he's left or dead if possible.

Emboar @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
  • Blaze
  • 156 HP | 160 Atk | 192 SpAtk
  • Brave Nature [+Attack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
  • Hammer Arm- The only move on Emboar that doesn't receive as much damage from the Recoil. Its a good move to hit Blissey and co.
  • OverHeat - Overheat is the best STAB Emboar can receive, hitting Scizor, Ferrothorn, and anything that takes super-effective damage from it hard.
  • Stone Edge - Is here to hit those flying types and fire types that want to try and wall me. Especially Volcarona who is KOed by Stone Edge
  • Hidden Power Ice -Hidden Power Ice is not only Emboar way of hitting Pokemon on the special side, but also serves as a fantastic counter against Gliscor and Dragon types that would normally cause Emboar trouble.
  • Why this Pokemon?:

The forgotten Fire/Fighting starter Pokemon of the 5th generation, Emboar was built for Trick Room. The thing I like most the Emboar is its insane movepool. Overheat and Hammer Arm are fantastic STAB moves that hit a lot of Pokemon from both the special and physical side, but Hidden Power Ice and Stone Edge give it a wide coverage. Hidden Power Ice is great for catching Dragon types off guard who think they can take a free turn to try and set up on Emboar. Thanks to TR, Emboar will go first and hopefully net an OHKO before the opposing pokemon has a chance to hit him.
  • EVs & Nature:

I ADDED MORE ATTACK EVs SO THE ATTACK DAMAGE IS NOT ACCURATE BUT THE SPECIAL ATTACK DAMAGE IS ACCURATE WILL UPDATE LATER
    192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Hidden Power Ice vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Gliscor: 112.99% - 133.33% (Guaranteed OHKO)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Salamence (-SpDef) : 128.1% - 149.85% (Guaranteed OHKO)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 248 HP/0 SpDef Scizor: 332.36% - 390.09% (Guaranteed OHKO) ( In the Rain)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Ferrothorn (+SpDef) : 86.93% - 103.98% (62.5% chance to OHKO) (In the Rain)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey (+Def) : 103.78% - 122.27% (Guaranteed OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 252 HP/252 Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def) : 77.13% - 90.77% (25% chance to OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 4 HP/0 Def Scrafty: 133.46% - 157.72% (Guaranteed OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 4 HP/0 Def Latios: 54.3% - 63.91% (2 hits to KO) with or Without Stealth Rock

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 224 HP/0 SpDef Jirachi: 119.4% - 139.8% (Guaranteed OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 4 HP/0 Def Politoed (Choice Scarf and Choice Specs): 80.43% - 95.03% (50% chance to OHKO) (with Stealth Rock)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 0 HP/0 Def Infernape: 92.49% - 108.87% (Guaranteed OHKO)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Tornadus (-SpDef) : 70.9% - 82.94% (62.5% chance to OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Tornadus: 122.41% - 143.81% (Guaranteed OHKO)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 252 HP/132 SpDef Sableye (+SpDef) : 84.21% - 99.01% (75% chance to OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 252 HP/0 Def Chople Berry Tyranitar: 94.31% - 110.64% (Guaranteed OHKO) (With Stealth Rock)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Bronzong (+SpDef) : 90.53% - 106.51% (81.25% chance to OHKO) (With Stealth Rock)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Landorus: 120.38% - 141.69% (Guaranteed OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 0 HP/0 Def Rotom-W (Choice Specs & Choice Scarf): 80.08% - 94.61% (50% chance to OHKO) (With Stealth Rock)

192 SpAtk Life Orb Emboar Overheat vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Celebi (+SpDef) : 83.91% - 98.76% (75% chance to OHKO) (With Stealth Rock)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Hammer Arm vs 4 HP/0 Def Terrakion: 138.89% - 162.96% (Guaranteed OHKO)

128 Atk Life Orb Emboar (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 156 HP/96 Def Gyarados: 80% - 94.05% (Guaranteed OHKO) (With Stealth Rock)

• Considered Changes

Nothing at the moment.​

Rankurusu @ Life Orb

• Magic Guard
  • 196 HP | 64 Def | 252 SpAtk
  • Quiet Nature [+SpAttack, -Speed]
  • Moveset:
  • Trick Room- Everyone knows why you have Trick Room on Reuniclus, theres nothing else to say but to change up the metagame.
  • Psyshock - Psyshock is to get those Blisseys hard who think they are safe to switch in, and be 2HKOed.
  • Shadow Ball - I originally had Hidden Power Fire here, but since I have Magnezone to get rid of Steel types, I decided to add the standard Shadow Ball, b/c I was being walled by Starmie, Espeon, and other pokemon weak to Ghost type.
  • Focus Blast -I gave him Focus Blast to hit Tyranitar, and Heatran who laugh at his other attacks . Since Focus Blast is so shaky I just have to cross my fingers and hope it hits.
  • Why this Pokemon?:

With its Magic Guard ability I won't have to worry about those annoying Stealth Rocks or spikes. This is hear to stop Emboar's Threats and Terrakion and Conkeldurr from KOing my team. Now just from the two moves I have on Rankurusu already gets rid of the many walls that are on many teams and gets surprise KOs
  • EVs & Nature:

252 Special Attack along with Life Orb is to bring rankurusu's Special Attack to unimaginable levels.
    64 Def is to maximize overall bulk, to be able to take a hit, but he is still OHKO by Choice Band Scizor's U-turn
    196 HP is to maximize Rankurusu's HP to be able to take a hit with its amazing HP stat.
    [*]
    Considered Changes
    Thinking about adding Shadow Ball in replace for Hidden Power Fire

Magnezone @ Air Balloon

• Magnet Pull
  • 248 HP | 252 SpAtk | 6 Def
  • Moveset:
  • Thunderbolt- Magnezone's STAB move. The chance to paralyze has also been pretty significant in some battles, and I'm actually considering changing this to Discharge to contribute more to the theme of "Steels paralyze and kill random shit, Dragons kill everything else."
  • Hidden Power Fire - Hidden Power Fire stops common Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Scizor
  • Volt Switch - Since I use this on Rain teams to scout Pokemon and switch into Gastrodon b/c Manezone is always being attacked by Hydro Pump.
  • Magic Coat - Thanks to BTzz suggestion, I decided to add Magic Coat to keep away hazards as Emboar doesn't like as it cuts into its HP and cause it to get worn down while being under Trick Room.
  • Why this Pokemon?:

With 12 resistances and 1 inmunity, Magnezone always find the moment to switch safely. Choice Pokemon like BP Scizor, Draco Meteor Latias or Iron Head Jirachi are useless against Magnezone. Magnezone defines a good Trick Room special sweeper. Why? Well for one, coming off a Base 130 Special Attack he's still a monster once Trick Room is up. He's slow, and appreciates going first and finally he has a decent level of bulk-- enough to make it certainly worth investing in. Removing Skarmory allows my physical Ground-types to run riot, taking out Scizor reduces the risk of being revenge killed, and the fall of Ferrothorn will cause Emboar and Hydreigon to sweep with joy......
  • EVs & Nature:

252 Special Attack and a Quiet nature is to maximize Magnezone's damaging capacity while keeping his speed as low as possible, to abuse Trick Room.
    8 Def is mainly filler, but also assists slightly in Magnezone's ability to take special hits both neutral and resisted
    [*]
    Considered Changes

Changing Signal Beam or Flash Cannon for Volt Switch

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
  • Storm Drain
  • 240 HP | 252 SpAtk | 16 SpDef
  • Moveset:
  • Surf- The first move of Surf and often the most important of the other two on this set, abusing its STAB.
  • Earth Power -Earth Power is for STAB after the Storm Drain Boost which surprises a lot of people when there pokemon are KOed by Gastrodon
  • Ice Beam - Ice Beam is for scouting Gliscor and other pokemon weak to Ice Type, especially Dragons
  • Hidden Power Grass - I chose Hidden Power Grass to stop, Politoed and Rotom-W, who can spam HYDRO PUMP, which hurts my team.
  • Why this Pokemon?:

Gastrodon is my other sweeper and stall breaker. He's just slow enough to sweep under TR, he has perfect synergy with bronzong with nice bulk and he hits like a truck. Gastrodon is my check to Choice Specs Politoed and Rain teams , and with his typing he find a lot of opprtunities to switch in to except Grass types..
  • EVs & Nature:

252 Special Attack is to give Gastrodon's STAB moves Surf and Earth Power the extra boost in power to get rid of some threats.
    240 Health is to give Gastrodon enough bulk.
    16 SpDef is to survive a Gengar's Life Orb's Shadow Ball

• Considered Changes

Salamence @ Life Orb
  • Moxie
  • 64 Atk | 192 SpA | 252 Spe
  • Naive Nature [+Speed, -SpD]
  • Moveset:
  • Draco Meteor- Salamence's best STAB move, which gets rid of a lot of pokemon except Blissey and Chansey.
  • Outrage - Is another STAB for Salamence, to hit Pokemonn on the defensive side, which throws a lot people off b/c they thin khe is all Physical.
  • Earthquake - Is here to hit Steel type, and Rock pokemon who resist my STAB Dragon type moves. , .
  • Fire Blast - For those annoying Scizor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forrestress who want to come in after I use Outrage or Draco Meteor, and they are sent to Hell with Fire Blast.
  • Why this Pokemon?:

Now, finally, on to the last Pokemon and the last core; Hydreigon. This Hydra is the newcomer in one of the most prestigious groups in the game, the pseudo-legends, which includes game changers like Tyranitar and Garchomp. With such a big name to live up to, I was sure that the Hydra would not disappoint. It did not. Hydreigon has consistently proven itself in fight, netting an average of 2 or 3 KO's a battle. With him abusing his 125 Special Attack and 105 Attack, most people don't expect a Life Orb Hydreigon, but a Specs or Scrafer. I use Hydreigon last b/c he outspend by Pokemon with Base 100 or higher, so I use Trick Room to eliminate faster Pokemon os when Trick Room ends he is the fastest Pokemon on the field.
  • EVs & Nature:

104 Atk is to give some power to Outrage and Earthquake to truly utilize its 105 Base Attack and 125 Special Attack
    240 Special Attack is to give Hydreigon all the power to get rid of threats in the OU.
    164 Speed is to reach 300 with a Naive nature. Which will outspend neutral base 100 speed pokemon.​

• Considered Changes

Nothing at the moment.​

Importable

This is here for any raters that want to test out my team.

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Rankurusu (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Emboar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Atk / 192 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Hammer Arm
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stone Edge

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spe)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpAtk / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature (+SpAtk, -Spe)
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

OU THREAT LIST
RED means if not dealt with properly it could sweep or wall my entire team.
ORANGE means it may require a sacrifice to deal with, but not generally.
GREEN means it's simple to deal with and nothing should die or come close.

Rain

~ Politoed - Magnezone's STAB Thunderbolt gets rid of Politoed​

~ Jirachi - Emboar's Overheat KOs him with little ease. .​

~Toxicroak- It may try to Sucker Punch, but Rankurusu gets in before it subs and KO with Psyshock​

~ Tornadus​

~ Gyarados - Emboar's Stone Edge, but I have kill it before it starts Dragon Dancing
~ Starmie- Magnezone's Thunderbolt and Signal Beam

~ Sharpedo - Magnezone's Thunderbolt, Focus Blast from Reuniclus, Emboar's Hammer Arm​

Sun:

~ Ninetales -​
Under TR is no problem, b/c Emboar and Hydreigon take it down with Stone Edge and Earthquake

~ Volcarona - As long as it comes in Stealth Rock , its power is cut in half. Under TR Emboar shuts him down.​

~ Darmanitan - Emboar's Stone Edge and​

~ Venusaur - Emboar's OverHeat, and Rankurusu's Psyshock

~ Sawsbuck-​

Sand:

~ Tyranitar- Emboar threats it with Hammer Arm​

~ Terrakion - Rankurusu Psyshock​

~ Landorus - Emboar's Hidden Power Ice

~SV Acrobatics Gliscor - Emboar's Hidden Power Ice and Hydreigon's Draco Meteor​

Hail

~ Abomasnow​
- Emboar's Hammer Arm, and Reuniclus's Hidden Power Fire and Focus Blast.

~ Kyurem​

DragMag / Heavy Offense / Smash Pass

~ Latios- Scizor's Bug Bite, and Hydreigon's Dark Pulse​

~ Dragonite- Dragonite's Ice Beam, Hydreigon's Draco Meteor​

~ Haxorus - Dragonite's Ice Beam
~ Mamoswine - Rankurusu's Hidden Power Fire & Energy Ball

~ Magnezone - Bronzong's Earthquake, Rankurusu's Hidden Power Fire and Dragonite's Fire Blast

~ Lucario - Emboar's OverHeat and MAgnezone's Hidden Power Fire

~ Cloyster - After Shell Smash it can cause some problems but If I get Trick Room up its weak as HELL​

~ Gorebyss - Can cause some problem with Baton Pass. But Magnezone's Thunderbolt should KO it.

~ SD Scizor -​

Grass:

~ Virizion​

~ Celebi​

~ Breloom​

Other Fighting Sweepers

~ Scrafty - Emboar's Hammer Arm and Scizor's Brick Break before it starts Bulk Up​

~Conkeldurr - Rankurusu KOs it all the time​

~ Mienshao -​

Other Special Sweepers:

~ OTR Reuniclus - I wish another Reuniclus would set up Trick Room its KOed by Scizor's Bug Bute​

~ Gengar - Hydreigon's Outrage and Rankurusu's Psyschock​

~ CM Latias​

Switch-Turn shenanigans:

~ Rotom-W -​

~ CB Scizor- Rankurusu Hidden Power Fire, Emboar's OverHeat, and Hydreigon's Fire Blast​

~ Landorus - Emboar's Hidden Power Ice

~ Mienshao - Can cause some problem with u-turn and Regeneration, but is KOed by Rankurusu Psyshock​

I think you need another trick room user. 2 seems like too few. I've tried your team for 8 battles and I found that the lack of trick room up-time really hurt. If you had that third trick room user, I think that would work wonders (at least for me). Also, well built sun teams seem to be a problem, especially if they have Volcarona and a spinner, for instance, Donphan, which resists both Bronzong with its massive defense, and Reuniclus, because of Psyshock use. HP fire in sun only does maybe 70%. Add in a flying Pokemon, especially an enemy Dragonite, and it's very tough to predict, especially when you want to use Earthquake or whatnot. It's equally hard because there are only two trick room users, one of which is decimated by sun teams, and the other which is decimated by Volcarona.

As for who I think should be replaced, I think it should be either Emboar or Dragonite, possibly Scizor. I like the Dragonite mixed set, but with no spinner on the team, coming in to SR sucks, especially against priority, like Ice Shard or CB Extremespeed. Scizor is Scizor, and always great after a SD, so I think you should probably keep him. I also like your Emboar, and would really like you replace your Hydreigon, but you need him for out of TR revenge killing and a special attack presence. Anyways, that's what I think. I don't know what you should do. I think it's a pretty cool team.

I think you need another trick room user. 2 seems like too few. I've tried your team for 8 battles and I found that the lack of trick room up-time really hurt. If you had that third trick room user, I think that would work wonders (at least for me). Also, well built sun teams seem to be a problem, especially if they have Volcarona and a spinner, for instance, Donphan, which resists both Bronzong with its massive defense, and Reuniclus, because of Psyshock use. HP fire in sun only does maybe 70%. Add in a flying Pokemon, especially an enemy Dragonite, and it's very tough to predict, especially when you want to use Earthquake or whatnot. It's equally hard because there are only two trick room users, one of which is decimated by sun teams, and the other which is decimated by Volcarona.

As for who I think should be replaced, I think it should be either Emboar or Dragonite, possibly Scizor. I like the Dragonite mixed set, but with no spinner on the team, coming in to SR sucks, especially against priority, like Ice Shard or CB Extremespeed. Scizor is Scizor, and always great after a SD, so I think you should probably keep him. I also like your Emboar, and would really like you replace your Hydreigon, but you need him for out of TR revenge killing and a special attack presence. Anyways, that's what I think. I don't know what you should do. I think it's a pretty cool team.
First thank you for testing out my team i really appreciate it. Your in a pickle deciding who to take out on my team, lol. Now just from reading
you mentioned a Third Trick Room User, well do you have any ideas? The only spot I believe that can fit is maybe Dragonite? Sun teams generally are the toughest with me as well. Donphan is a BITCH, in the sun.

reminds me of my TR team for the excadrill meta :) .

hm nice team , but it bothers that you have like no check to spec politoed :( , because i think hydropump scores an ohk on bronzong OTR , and then everything gets Ohkoed 2hkoed . this is kinda why i stopped using trick room , gay rain offense everywhere :( .

gliscor seems like a pain for this team , specially the subtoxic set , reuniclus doesn't hurt it , same for emboar , and bronzong can be pp stalled from those gyroball quite easily , i would suggest to replace head smash on emboar with HP ice to check that , and psychic on reuniclus , seriously you have some ways to get over defensive cores like skarmbliss and such , and psychock doesn't even do much to eviolite chansey .

dragonite set , while definitly nice , has some issues with bulky rotom and skarmory , i would suggest to put fire blast / dracometeor on the set , DM kills rotom and gliscor on the switch and fire blast roasts skarmory / jiraci and ferrothorn .

Superpower/ dracometeor / fire blast / (roost/ extremspd/earthquake ) seems good with a quiet nature .

this is definitly a nice team but it has some problems against rain (stall or offense ) , but in my opinion there's nothing you can do without losing the balance of the team .

Nice team, I like very much the use of Emboar.
What about Porygon 2 instead of Dragonite ?
A really good TR user, nice defensive synergy with Reuniculus. Trace is a really good ability, but download can be used too if you want to make it a sweeper with the good ice + electric coverage. And eviolite make him a really amazing wall.

reminds me of my TR team for the excadrill meta :) .

hm nice team , but it bothers that you have like no check to spec politoed :( , because i think hydropump scores an ohk on bronzong OTR , and then everything gets Ohkoed 2hkoed . this is kinda why i stopped using trick room , gay rain offense everywhere :( .

gliscor seems like a pain for this team , specially the subtoxic set , reuniclus doesn't hurt it , same for emboar , and bronzong can be pp stalled from those gyroball quite easily , i would suggest to replace head smash on emboar with HP ice to check that , and psychic on reuniclus , seriously you have some ways to get over defensive cores like skarmbliss and such , and psychock doesn't even do much to eviolite chansey .

dragonite set , while definitly nice , has some issues with bulky rotom and skarmory , i would suggest to put fire blast / dracometeor on the set , DM kills rotom and gliscor on the switch and fire blast roasts skarmory / jiraci and ferrothorn .

Superpower/ dracometeor / fire blast / (roost/ extremspd/earthquake ) seems good with a quiet nature .

this is definitly a nice team but it has some problems against rain (stall or offense ) , but in my opinion there's nothing you can do without losing the balance of the team .
Yes, Rain teams give me hell. I thought I had them covered when I first started making this team, but when I started battling I don't have a check to Choice Specs Politoed. I was thinking about 3 Pokemon to replace Dragonite: Empoleon b/c it has 4x resistance to Water and it can be second Special Attacker. Gastrodon to stop Rotom-W and Politoed, or Jellicent as my third Trick Room user, and a Water Absorber, but Rotom-W laughs at him.

On Emboar, I'm trying to find a good Mix Set for Emboar, but there isn't one on Smogon or online that isn't unorthodox. I like the HP Ice to Gliscor i'll try it but won't I need to invest in some Special Attack EVS ad maybe another special move to make it into a wall breaker. I just wish there is a move tutor in the new game so that it can learn Ice Punch in Black and White 2.

Nice team, I like very much the use of Emboar.
What about Porygon 2 instead of Dragonite ?
A really good TR user, nice defensive synergy with Reuniculus. Trace is a really good ability, but download can be used too if you want to make it a sweeper with the good ice + electric coverage. And eviolite make him a really amazing wall.
If I add Porygon, I would gain a weakness to Bulk Up Conkeldurr, and Dragaon Dance Scrafty. Both get hard to get rid of after a couple of set up moves. So thanks, for the suggestion but I will stay away from Porygon2 for right now.

Hey,

Got the request, cool team. I think I have some suggestions that could shift it to face a more clear-cut goal, however. Right now, dedicated Trick Room teams really don't work. In my opinion, stand-alone Trick Room sweepers tend to function a lot better than whole Trick Room teams—for this reason, I think you could shift your team to make it less focused on Trick Room and more focused on other things, such as punching holes for a Trick Room Reuniclus sweep in the late-game or cleaning up so that Choice Scarf Hydreigon can pick off weakened foes and give you momentum. As a first change, I think you should your Scizor set so that you have a better switch-in to Dragon-type moves like Latios's Draco Meteor and the like. Scizor really doesn't care about being under Trick Room, and I've found that a standard bulky Swords Dance set works fine. It provides you with a bit of recovery and an easier setup, which I'll assure you, you'll come to love.

Now your Dragonite set is a bit odd. Personally, I'm not a fan of mixed Dragonite, and I think a Choice Band user would definitely aid this team. You're currently eaten alive by sun teams, for the most part, and Volcarona. Something to mitigate this is testing out Choice Band Dragonite over your current set. Not only does CBNite have priority, but its Outrage will demolish something. Now, it's definitely really hard to justify the presence of Emboar on any team in OU, and I think that you should definitely patch up your weakness to entry hazards with something else in this place—a Starmie should definitely do the trick. With Starmie, you'll be able to use Rapid Spin to rid the field of entry hazards before they can really do too much to your team, especially Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Scizor. This would also help a bit against your Choice Specs Politoed weakness that you touched upon.

Finally, as a last change, I think Jirachi > Bronzong would be a great change to keep this team on its wheels. Not only can Jirachi soak up Outrage, but it also can provide Wish support and Stealth Rock just the same. Now remember, all of these changes are optional, considering it would change your team to a more balanced one than a Trick Room one; however, I still believe they are worth trying out.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Fire Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Cool team, and good luck! I hope I helped.

Hey there. This team is pretty interesting. An organized trick room team WITH Emboar on it. I have never seen an Emboar in OU and I am glad to see someone put it on a team. If your considering of getting rid of bronzong, don't the team itself gets great synergy with this one. If you want you could put heat proof on it as you have 2 pokemon that can switch in on ground type attacks. Plus, burn is not a bothersome to it then and can bluff levitate since it is seen with that typically. You should also consider changing it so Ivs are 0 in speed and give it leftovers. That way it has a method of recovery while maintaining a low speed.
Other than these it seems solid in it's own rights. I hope this team does get better. It has a lot of potential.

Hey there. This team is pretty interesting. An organized trick room team WITH Emboar on it. I have never seen an Emboar in OU and I am glad to see someone put it on a team. If your considering of getting rid of bronzong, don't the team itself gets great synergy with this one. If you want you could put heat proof on it as you have 2 pokemon that can switch in on ground type attacks. Plus, burn is not a bothersome to it then and can bluff levitate since it is seen with that typically. You should also consider changing it so Ivs are 0 in speed and give it leftovers. That way it has a method of recovery while maintaining a low speed.
Other than these it seems solid in it's own rights. I hope this team does get better. It has a lot of potential.
Thanks for the like. I just like Emboar, but I know it has its flaws, but I have to make a team built around him so he can sweep. The only problem is Rain teams but other than that the team is pretty good. I'm going to change Dragonite into a Physically attacker.

Hi i might rate it later sorry but something has been bugging me and i just cant get it out of my head. What is that thing in the reuniclus photo, it like a red cross???

Changes Made to the Team

1) Made Dragonite to a physical sweeper. The mixed set wasn't really working out too well.

2) Changed Bronzong into a defensive pivot. He doesnt get too many KOs and he can't take too many hits like I wanted him to. I't lets me survive a +2 LO HP Fire from Venusaur and proceed to set up Trick Room. It makes Bronzong a more solid switch-in to Virizion's Focus Blast, Tornadus's Hurricane, Gengar's Shadow Ball, and other resisted / neutral hits.

Concerns to the Team. Open for suggestions!

1)Toxic Stall Gliscor. I don't have a special attacker that can come into on Gliscor and threaten him.

2) Offensive Rain Teams especially Choice Specs Politoed
Offensive rain teams are causing me hell on PO. I'm looking for a pokemon that can help stop offensive rain teams.

Ok i have a few things to say-

1. Your three main "abusers" really prefer paralysis over trick room as it is a more reliable way of outspeeding your opponent which doesnt have the 5 turn limit. This could be patched up by simply removing Trick Room and giving some paralysis support

A paralysis team
1. A Parashuffler Dragonire over your current set

2. Slowbro over Bronzong as he can hit bulky ground like Gliscor that can't be paralysed.

3. Run a mixed Hydreigon over your current set to give you a more reliable sweeper.

4. And then Conkeldurr over Emboar because it is better in almost every way save typing.

T

the Sets Paralysis
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Surf

Conkeldurr (M) @ (Leftovers)
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge/Payback

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 Atk / 240 SAtk / 164 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

2. However, if you are really hung up on trick room i suggest Shell Smash Cloyster>Hydreigon/Dragonite as it is an amazing sweeper under TR or on its own. It is also a monster in the rain as its water STABs get an extra boost. It can also check all Gliscor movesets thanks to its ability combined with icicle spear.

3. Bulk Up Conkeldurr or Bulk Up Scrafty over your Scizor/Dragonite/Emboar preferably Conkeldurr as it has the Mach Punch priority which will help when Trick Room is not available. It also has great synergy with Reuniclus.

4. You really need another Trick Room supporter. There are many to choose from but the ones that jump out for me are Slowbro and Dusclops.

5. Now that you have changed your Dragonite to physical you might want to try a mixed set on Hydreigon however IMO it would be the first person to go for another Trick Room supporter.

Overall though it looks like a good team because it achieves the trick to a Trick Room team which is that your members are not overly reliant on Trick Room (except for Emboar)

The Sets
Conkeldurr (M) @ (Leftovers)
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge/Payback

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb/Life Orb/Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)/ Jolly Nature (+Spd,-SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump/Rapid Spin
(don't put the EV's into SpAtk unless your using Hydro Pump)

OK if there is anything else you need feel free to PM me, bye

When you use a TrickRoom team you have to sweep very quickly during the 4 turns of TR , so I thought about some changes for your team.
Well, to raise your "speed of sweep" you need Pokémons that under TR are really unstopable, so ok for CB Dragonite which I red you were testing, but its not enough. You should replace Emboar for somethign more broken like this (its only an example) :

Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Substitute

With this you have a perfect coverage, because ICE+FIGHT+DARK is the best 3 attacks coverage, and you have also a very high output power 'cause of LifeOrb+Moxie ! Drain punch to recover some HP and Substitute, too exploit the switch of your opponent which would play hide and seek in the attempt to let the TrickRoom turns exhaust...My set its only and example.

Another little tip its to change the Evs Spread of Zong in this :

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room

There is nothing to explain, with this Spread you gain much more power and with the Normal Gem you become really dangerous for everyone come in !

I hope my tips would be helpful ^^

You should probably have something to deal with taunt users like Whimsicott and Sableye. Unless you KO them early, your set up bait. Almost anything that can outspeed them and hit hard will KO. I'd advise a VERY hard hitting Special attack that won't be easy to switch in on, like Draco Meteor. Using your own prankster set on something to taunt then throw in whatever you want to set up trick room would work too. Maybe throw a few speed EVs so you can outspeed said pranksters.

Why don't you consider a Sash-Kazam with Trick Room? , which can help you as the heavy special sweeper we talk before, and as a matemathics TR set uper in case of emergency !!!

You should probably have something to deal with taunt users like Whimsicott and Sableye. Unless you KO them early, your set up bait. Almost anything that can outspeed them and hit hard will KO. I'd advise a VERY hard hitting Special attack that won't be easy to switch in on, like Draco Meteor. Using your own prankster set on something to taunt then throw in whatever you want to set up trick room would work too. Maybe throw a few speed EVs so you can outspeed said pranksters.
Well I know the usually taunters, I just don't need to set up Trick room with them. But I'm currently tested out that mixed Hydreigon. But I need help with rain teams? Any suggestions? I was thinking about add Gastrodon to help this problem.

Well I know the usually taunters, I just don't need to set up Trick room with them. But I'm currently tested out that mixed Hydreigon. But I need help with rain teams? Any suggestions? I was thinking about add Gastrodon to help this problem.
Gastro works nice, though you could use Vaporeons lower speed to your advantage and pass subs/wish along. Special Defence would allow you to survive unboosted Thunderbolt, Volt Turn and Giga Drain. A maxed out Sp. Def + HP Vaporeon takes about 30% from Rotoms Volt Turn, giving you a chance to pass a wish if it is choiced.

Changes Made to the Team

1) Changed Hydreigon to Mixed set thanks to @CrackinSkulls I have tested this thing out and I love it. I went on a 13-4 win streak, with Mixed Hydreigon as the clean up. I know you might ask why switch from Choice Scarf, well I personally don't like to be locked into one move. Know I know I have to get faster pokemon with Trick Room because Hydreigon only outspends all neutral-natured base 100 Speed foes.

Tested being made to the team

1) Testing out Gastrodon in place for Dragonite to check rain teams and Choice Specs Politoed.

Changes Made to the Team

1) Switched Dragonite out for Gastrodon. B/c he is a better check to Rain teams and Choice Specs Politoed gave my teams some problems and I needed a check to him.

2) Switched Scizor for Magnezone. B/c he wasn't hitting a lot of types like I thought he would. And since Rain Teams and Sand teams are popular I needed a good check to them. With Magnezone's STAB Thunderbolt he can easily stop Rain teams. Also I can trap Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn who stops Emboar from sweeping.

3) I made Emboar into a Mixed Sweeper to help stop stall teams. B/c the Physical set didn't hit enough types and I was getting walled by Gliscor, and Gyarados. Plus the Recoil damage only shorten Emboar time on the field which isn't good for a Trick Room Sweeper.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, got the request (sorry for responding so late!). I think the biggest problem with this team is that it struggles to be effective outside of trick room. Fast Pokemon such as Latios and Terrakion as well as setup sweepers such as Dragonite can walk all over this team outside of TR, and a lot of the time your TR setters won't even be able to survive a hit from them to twist the dimensions. A good solution to this would be using a Choice Scarf Hydreigon. Having a scarfer is very useful on a TR team as it can deal with quick threats if you fail to set up TR, and since you have Magnezone, Hydreigon won't mind being locked into its STAB. I also suggest using Shadow Ball over HP fire on Reuniclus. You won't miss HP Fire since Mag can trap and eliminate Steels. Shadow Balls is useful for weakening Lati@s to a range where Emboar can take them out with Stone Edge. Lastly I think you Magnezone set could use some tweaking. I would try Magic Coat over Flash Cannon (which you said was the least useful) to keep away hazards as you sweepers will get worn down while being passed Trick Room by zong or Reuniclus.

Hydreigon l Levitate l Choice Scarf
Modest l 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor l U-turn l Surf l Fire Blast

Hope this helps!

Hey, got the request (sorry for responding so late!). I think the biggest problem with this team is that it struggles to be effective outside of trick room. Fast Pokemon such as Latios and Terrakion as well as setup sweepers such as Dragonite can walk all over this team outside of TR, and a lot of the time your TR setters won't even be able to survive a hit from them to twist the dimensions. A good solution to this would be using a Choice Scarf Hydreigon. Having a scarfer is very useful on a TR team as it can deal with quick threats if you fail to set up TR, and since you have Magnezone, Hydreigon won't mind being locked into its STAB. I also suggest using Shadow Ball over HP fire on Reuniclus. You won't miss HP Fire since Mag can trap and eliminate Steels. Shadow Balls is useful for weakening Lati@s to a range where Emboar can take them out with Stone Edge. Lastly I think you Magnezone set could use some tweaking. I would try Magic Coat over Flash Cannon (which you said was the least useful) to keep away hazards as you sweepers will get worn down while being passed Trick Room by zong or Reuniclus.

Hydreigon l Levitate l Choice Scarf
Modest l 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor l U-turn l Surf l Fire Blast

Hope this helps!
1 ) After testing out the Choice Scarf set it didn't do well with me. I know you need a Choice Scarf Pokemon for a Trick Room room team, but most of the time during my matches my sweepers have already gotten rid of Pokemon that are faster than Hydreigon or who pose a threat to Hydreigon so there is no point in being locked into one move and be forced to switch out. So I'll stayed with Hydreigon's current set, but I might consider putting a Choice Scarf on it.

2 )The Magic Coat you suggested on Magnezone is really cool, it has help stop entry hazards from coming in on my side of the field.

3) I updated Emboar's EVs around. But I have to Update the New Damage Calculation for Emboar

I made it so Emboar can last from the Life Orb recoil damage for 10 turns.

4 ) One Last Question can anybody see the pictures for Emboar and Magnezone and the (Pokemon Marriland) Team Builder under Team Synergy?

Hey, cool team.
I really can't help you much, since you're better than me, but I think you should add more speed to Hydreigon.

No. I can't see the pictures of Emboar, Magnezone and Team Synergy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)