SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

Looking it over, I'm kinda relieved the Loyal Three and Ogerpon aren't comically overtuned. GF for the last several generations has been horrendously power-creeping Legendaries.

Finished the main DLC, now to figure out Ursaluna and any other Sidequests while I fill out the new Dex
Thoughts on the story scenario?

Looking it over, I'm kinda relieved the Loyal Three and Ogerpon aren't comically overtuned. GF for the last several generations has been horrendously power-creeping Legendaries.
This was the big surprise of Teal Mask in my opinion. Gen 9 is all about powercreep, and then suddenly, the Teal Mask legendaries are not all that? It's like Gamefreak decided to listen to criticism about how many big threats there are this gen and didn't go overboard in making the Loyal 3 and Ogerpon stronger than necessary.

Thoughts on the story scenario?
Pretty decent little side story, but felt a bit padded out to me with back and forth for a few objectives and especially not having a particular Quick Travel point. I also think the climax was missing a particular fight, and the sort of "falling action" battle felt a little superfluous. If SV's plots ranged froom 6-8/10, I'd put this at like a 6.5, where the story is just "fine" and the presentation/structure needed a bit of work

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Defog is not a TM.

Pokemon not in the base game who get it:
Level Up:
  • Weezing-G @ lv1
  • Hoothoot @ lv15 (Noctowl doesn't get it)
  • Ducklett/Swanna @ lv6
  • Vullaby/Mandibuzz @ lv60/64
Egg:
  • Seedot line
  • Timburr line
  • Cramorant
This may not be a great pull for OU level play, but man the options for lower tiers just got waaaay better. Weezing-G should be pretty good at doing what it did last gen, Swanna and Cram have amazing typings and can probably do Defog pretty well down in NU/PU/ZU, and if Conk doesn't get sent to UUBL hell it can maybe do something with Fog, although Guts sets will probably reign supreme for it.

If you are going with Technician Fezandipiti for some reason, Acid Spray/Moonblast/Heat Wave/Roost seems the most useful. Only Heatran really switches in on it. You can also run Icy Wind over Roost if you want to do something like Assault Vest and still use that huge special bulk, plus have actually threatening ice coverage. Or run Tera Ground Tera Blast over Heat Wave.
Toxic Chain seems vastly superior in most cases though.
I appreciate the creativity, but I'm pretty sure that, even on that set, giving your Moonblast a chance to badly poison would be ten times better than making your Acid Spray or Icy Wind do a tiny bit more damage.

Last edited:
Fezandipi make. Logic. After All, it's pokemon and most mrowscarada anf delphoc are male
Delphox is just because it's a starter, cant break tradition there, and Meowscarada isnt even all that feminine, it's just the least masculine of the Paldea starters.
Anyways I think Fezindipiti is going for the pretty boy vibe rather than female which I can kinda see in retrospect.

I dunno if there was a point to this, but I wanted to make a spreadsheet of something and this was the only data that was available, so I felt compelled P:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sNdaJaMlPd7HEHynHasEgBDI8/edit#gid=1783107930
Having it on a spreadsheet helped me comb for changes from previous games more easily, but other than movepool differences (which will take someone more capable than me to list completely), it seems like everything has already been reported - the Ability changes are just the Piplup line and Shiftry, like we thought.
I did find it interesting that many of the new Pokémon were gendered, though! Bloodmoon and all of the Loyal Three are always male, and Ogerpon is always female.

Based on the work of SciresM accessed through this tweet:
sorry I put this in the wrong thread at first I'm sleepy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)