SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Just kinda curious, what do people think of some of the new tm moves? Some like that fighting priority one seem unusable to me, but I’m curious how good Hard Press and Psychic Noise will be. Hard Press seems worse than a Water Sprout equivalent but maybe not terrible to have a hard hit on something weak to it? Steels not a great offensive typing though. Psychic Noise seems like it could be pretty awesome but I’m unsure which mons it’ll be most useful on. Supercharge Cell also seems like a buff to electric types but I feel like it could be higher base power like Hi Jump Kick given its drawbacks (especially with how easily the opponent could switch into a ground type, which are way more prevalent than ghosts).

I was thinking the added moves would be like Isle of Armor with a new one for each type but alas.

Just kinda curious, what do people think of some of the new tm moves? Some like that fighting priority one seem unusable to me, but I’m curious how good Hard Press and Psychic Noise will be. Hard Press seems worse than a Water Sprout equivalent but maybe not terrible to have a hard hit on something weak to it? Steels not a great offensive typing though. Psychic Noise seems like it could be pretty awesome but I’m unsure which mons it’ll be most useful on. Supercharge Cell also seems like a buff to electric types but I feel like it could be higher base power like Hi Jump Kick given its drawbacks (especially with how easily the opponent could switch into a ground type, which are way more prevalent than ghosts).

I was thinking the added moves would be like Isle of Armor with a new one for each type but alas.
psychic noise isnt quite about the mon using it, but the mon your using it against. garganacl would be absolutely terified of it, but garchomp would not care. it ultimately depends on how reliant the pokemon is on healing.
also, there are exactly as many ghost types in ou as there are ground types

Is it too situational to take advantage of ? The drop in BST is significant compared to standard Psychic but the benefit seems like it could out way the cost, can’t really tell if it would be more effectively used by an offensive or utility mon. Like the idea of using it on Primarina since it lost scald as a less risky option for secondary water stab.

Quick Terapagos Tests
- Teraform Zero appears to only work on transformation. When it activates, it removes the field effect (unlike say, Air Lock).
- Terapagos' Stellar type bonuses dont seem to disappear after use (tested on wild pkmn), so you get permanent STABs for the rest of the game.
- Stellar Tera Starstorm seems to be unresisted.
- Seems like Stellar Tera Starstorm functions like a STAB 120 bp move (and not superstab. You don't get STAB + Tera boost on it). In terms of damage, it only does very slightly more than untera'd Tera Starstorm, and that's only because Terapagos-Stellar has slightly more SpA than Terapagos-Terastal.
does unresisted also mean it can hit ghosts

Hard Press does indeed seem bad. Psychic Noice could be good on less damage based psychic types. Hat's name is being thrown around as a good user. Cell seems good to let you feel not awful for using a physical electric type (I've already complained about how stupid it is that Wild Charge has the same power a Bolt, but has a drawback vs. that having an upside) though it still certainly has issues. I don't know the distribution of Alluring Voice is but depending on who gets it that seems good. Electro Shot seems very good on rain teams.

Apparently the new item machine mechanic allows you to get Safari Balls again, like the Cram-o-matic did in SwSh:
O wow, is it that easy to get the rare balls now? They were not reliable to get from Cram-o and it would be nice to not have to bend over backwards for them.

O wow, is it that easy to get the rare balls now? They were not reliable to get from Cram-o and it would be nice to not have to bend over backwards for them.
No idea, I haven’t even updated my game yet. The source of the image is usually pretty reliable, but I did see a mistake that said you can also get a safari ball as a Pokédex reward in Kitikami - do we know what the rewards are for the Terarium Pokédex? Maybe it’s just a simple typo?

Does Terapagos switching in as Normal form and then turning into Terastal form impact hazard damage? Or does the form change happen before anything else happens?

Last edited:
Hard Press does indeed seem bad. Psychic Noice could be good on less damage based psychic types. Hat's name is being thrown around as a good user. Cell seems good to let you feel not awful for using a physical electric type (I've already complained about how stupid it is that Wild Charge has the same power a Bolt, but has a drawback vs. that having an upside) though it still certainly has issues. I don't know the distribution of Alluring Voice is but depending on who gets it that seems good. Electro Shot seems very good on rain teams.

alluring voice seems at least good for coverage (Jolteon is the one I’m most excited for as it runs tera fairy terablast already) and is basically Dazzelling Gleam with a situational but useful secondary effect. Forget the full distribution but could see a lot of mons taking advantage of it.

No idea, I haven’t even updated my game yet. The source of the image is usually pretty reliable, but I did see a mistake that said you can also get a safari ball as a Pokédex reward in Kitikami - do we know what the rewards are for the Terarium Pokédex? Maybe it’s just a simple typo?
They probably meant Blueberry Dex. I already got the Safari Ball as a completion reward (I have less than 200, so it's an "early" reward). The Sport Ball is also back, obtainable from the new cram-o-matic mechanic (haven't unlocked that) and possibly as a dex completion reward too.

They probably meant Blueberry Dex. I already got the Safari Ball as a completion reward (I have less than 200, so it's an "early" reward). The Sport Ball is also back, obtainable from the new cram-o-matic mechanic (haven't unlocked that) and possibly as a dex completion reward too.
Figured as much about the typo - the source site said you get it at 120 entries, so matches what you’ve said. Thanks for the confirmation!

I assume Home maintenance will take a while. Is there a full complete list yet of all the new to Scarlet/Violet Pokemon?

Can't find the post, but whoever complied the list of all the new move additions, thank you. Some interesting new options now.

I can confirm a Safari ball is a reward for 120 completion of the Blueberry Dex. hoping to see a Sport Ball eventually (I'm at 200 but apparently the dex goes to 240).

I'm so glad Archaludon wound up getting SUPER special treatment with 600 BST on top of excellent stats in every area and very generous movepool buffs. They did a good job of making this Pokemon feel like an evolution. I'm not sure if it will be better than hisui goodra, but it certainly is quite distinct with its unique tools and I hope it sees some success in OU.

Hydrappl is awesome too. Carries a lot the same traits good OU Pokemon have, like the Plot + Recover Combo, good defensive stats, regen, and an alright move pool. I see it having a lot of potential in OU as a Waterpon check.

A guaranteed Sport Ball is obtained from Perrin's quest. Dex completion from 200 is a Dream Ball, Gold Bottle Cap, Beast Ball, Ability Patch, and Master Ball.
1702590209420.jpeg

https://www.serebii.net/scarletviolet/paradoxperrin.shtml

Quick mini discussion: Will Archaludon or Eviolite Duraladon be better?

EDIT: someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeese show me the new moves

EDIT: THEY GAVE IRON HANDS HIGH JUMP KICK BUT ELECTRIC LMAOOOOOO

Last edited:

CobsonYaoi

formerly Holesum420
Dang I only like Hydrapplin and Raging Bolt out of the new mons in this DLC. All the others kinda bad, especially paradox Terrakion.
1702597519851.png

Why must you suck so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)