SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

The internal names for the two placeholder Pikachu's (980 and 987) are:
Code:
DEV_AKETUBAN
DEV_BKETUBAN
EDIT: There are some pretty funny ones. For example, Roaring Moon is DEV_AAAAA, and Iron Valiant is DEV_BBBBB.
Clodsire has a lower case character, DEV_rUPAA2.
Interesting! That's quite close to the japanese for missing number (ketsuban), I do wonder if that's on purpose

Interesting! That's quite close to the japanese for missing number (ketsuban), I do wonder if that's on purpose
Here are some others, for the other paradox Pokemon:
Code:
DEV_ADONFAN = 978
DEV_AMOROBARERU = 979
DEV_AREAKOIRU = 981
DEV_APURIN = 982
DEV_AMUUMA = 983
DEV_AURUGAMOSU = 984
DEV_BDONFAN = 986
DEV_BURUGAMOSU = 988
DEV_BHARITEYAMA = 989
DEV_BSAZANDORA = 990
DEV_BBANGIRASU = 991
DEV_BKOORI = 992
DEV_AIGUANA = 998
DEV_BIGUANA = 999

Notable stuff:

That seals it; the box legends are also from the Books (of IMO dubious veracity), even if they aren't strictly speaking also from paranormal/dubious magazines. On another note, do we count the box legends as Paradox Pokemon, too?

Assuming the Pokéverse of SV has a paleontological history roughly like ours, animals like Scream Tail weren't around 1 billion years ago. You had to wait until less than 700 million years ago for animals. (Intriguingly, there are findings of disc-shaped collections of perhaps Cyanobacteria from around 2.1 billion years ago, members of the Francevillian Biota...)

Sweet sheesh, that magazine even broke verisimilitude.
My thoughts exactly, right down to the Francevillian Biota.

I'm now on page 220-something with a hundred more to go.
I hate my life.
If it can make you feel better, the topic eventually slowed down :P

Mainly cause by now we've datamined almost all that can be datamined and we're just missing some of the more obscure mechanic bits that don't seem to be in the other data tables (like the amount of stat reduction from auras)

Hi!
First of all, congrats for the discoveries and an amazing thread

Tinkaton finally as no special item for herself à la Marowak or Pikachu, no? So what item would you recommend for it ingame, not competitive? I was thinking just a regular Fairy attack booster would be enough.

Thanks!

The internal names for the two placeholder Pikachu's (980 and 987) are:
Code:
DEV_AKETUBAN
DEV_BKETUBAN
EDIT: There are some pretty funny ones. For example, Roaring Moon is DEV_AAAAA, and Iron Valiant is DEV_BBBBB.
Clodsire has a lower case character, DEV_rUPAA2.
The r is likely for "regional", while UPAA is Wooper, and then 2 for being the evolved stage.

Here are some others, for the other paradox Pokemon:
Code:
DEV_ADONFAN = 978
DEV_AMOROBARERU = 979
DEV_AREAKOIRU = 981
DEV_APURIN = 982
DEV_AMUUMA = 983
DEV_AURUGAMOSU = 984
DEV_BDONFAN = 986
DEV_BURUGAMOSU = 988
DEV_BHARITEYAMA = 989
DEV_BSAZANDORA = 990
DEV_BBANGIRASU = 991
DEV_BKOORI = 992
DEV_AIGUANA = 998
DEV_BIGUANA = 999
Very straightforward, either A or B depending on the game version, plus the Japanese names of the Pokémon they are based on. The Iguanas are the box legends.

Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant being DEV_AAAAA and DEV_BBBBB respectively makes think they were selected and designed later than the other paradox mons, likely to round out the two different sets of paradox pokémon.

That's most likely the case, it would be one way to romanize ketsuban.

Hi!
First of all, congrats for the discoveries and an amazing thread

Tinkaton finally as no special item for herself à la Marowak or Pikachu, no? So what item would you recommend for it ingame, not competitive? I was thinking just a regular Fairy attack booster would be enough.

Thanks!
Probably AV or steel boosting item actually. It's not really going to do any damage outside the hammer hit so may as well double up with utility

Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant being DEV_AAAAA and DEV_BBBBB respectively makes think they were selected and designed later than the other paradox mons, likely to round out the two different sets of paradox pokémon.
I wonder if they had the idea that they'd have "boss Paradoxes" but not which Pokemon they'd be based on, so called them DEV_AAAAA and DEV_BBBBB as placeholder names.

I briefly theorized "oh, what if they designed Iron Valiant immediately but didn't give it a normal name because it was a fusion rather than a single mon" but honestly if that was the case it'd probably be called DEV_BSIRKNIGHTERUREIDO or DEV_BKIRLIA.

I believe it. The Toedscruel line was poorly conceptualized. I mean, Toedscruel has Rage Powder which it can't even use. Seems pretty clear that they made Toedscruel without considering what that would mean, then slapped Mycelium Might on it as an patch job because someone realized Spore might be oppressive on a 100 speed stat.
someone should test if it's like lagging tail where it's last in individual speed bracket or is -5 like dragon tail etc- rage power likely works

Real talk
1004.png
1005.png

Why didn't these guys get Mega Launcher/Sharpness? Armarouge even has access to numerous pulse moves, so it's not like with Magmortar who doesn't have access to pulse moves. Ceruledge would have helped showcase Sharpnesss in Gen 9 Pokemon, and we haven't gotten a new Mega Launcher Pokemon since Gen 6, so why not these abilities than Weak Armor?

Why didn't these guys get Mega Launcher/Sharpness? Armarouge even has access to numerous pulse moves, so it's not like with Magmortar who doesn't have access to pulse moves. Ceruledge would have helped showcase Sharpnesss in Gen 9 Pokemon, and we haven't gotten a new Mega Launcher Pokemon since Gen 6, so why not these abilities than Weak Armor?
Or Magic Guard and Shadow Tag.

Or Magic Guard and Shadow Tag.
I would be very surprised to ever see another pokemon that isn't a shitmon get Shadow Tag.

It's a extremely powerful ability, arguably the single reason for Gengar's nerf in gen 7, and it's usually balanced by the fact that the pokemon that got access to it are pretty mediocre on their own.
Gothitelle receiving Fake Out in gen 8 suddently turned it into a very dangerous VGC pokemon, and the only reason it wasn't as op in official formats was due to Dynamax being legal meaning that it is vulnerable to being annihilated istantly while on field (+ Dynamaxers themselsves being immune to Fake Out).

Incidentally, with Dynamax not being a thing in gen 8, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Gothitelle see a ton of usage in VGC this year.

Similarly-but-not-quite, I think we're not going to see any pokemon in future with Mega Launcher.
Not only it was meant to be the signature ability of Clauncher line in first place, but it's kind of a logistical nightmare cause it's not that easy to figure out "on the fly" what moves it affect. While it does tecnically say "Pulse" moves, it affects Aura Sphere for example due to the japanese name actually mentioning a pulse, and this would be kind of a limiting factor in the future.

It's a similar issue with "Iron Fist doesn't buff Sucker Punch" problem, it creates localization issues since the explanation isn't very clear. Much more likely it just says as signature ability and won't see it ever on other pokemon.

I think people wanted version exclusives? I'm currently looking at the encounter tables.
At least 46(?) species/forms are exclusive to either games.
Well uuuh...

Taking the legendaries and paradoxes (which is 7+1)
Adding the known version exclusives from this image (15 each counting preevolutions),
1668514399928.png

that accounts for 23... which doubles makes 46.

Sounds about right?

Well uuuh...

Taking the legendaries and paradoxes (which is 7+1)
Adding the known version exclusives from this image (15 each counting preevolutions),
View attachment 465721
that accounts for 23... which doubles makes 46.

Sounds about right?
Since I'm only looking at encounter tables, things like Tyranitar probably aren't in the list - rather, it would be Larvitar or Pupitar.

These can actually spawn though. I've definitely seen fully evolved pokes around, usually as teralized spawns. (not raids, actual regular fights that happen to be teralyzed)
There are no encounters for Tyranitar in the tables, so I imagine those are handled differently?

There are no encounters for Tyranitar in the tables, so I imagine those are handled differently?
Interesting, makes me wonder then what the potential extras are... either they're forms (but, none of the pokes in that list have forms...), like idk, maybe the Tauros forms?, or maybe there's other version exclusives missing from that list?

Interesting, makes me wonder then what the potential extras are... either they're forms (but, none of the pokes in that list have forms...), like idk, maybe the Tauros forms?, or maybe there's other version exclusives missing from that list?
Tauros actually does have two version exclusive forms, I'm still formatting the lists but I'll post them soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)