RU RU Ladder Tour V - Playoffs Round 2

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
imagem_2024-03-04_235308912.png

1678174573482.png
Welcome to the official RU ladder tour (RULT), where qualified ladder players will get a chance to compete amongst themselves to earn points for the RU Circuit Playoffs. We are now starting the first stage of the playoffs phase, where the 24 qualified players will battle each other in a single elimination seeded bracket to see who moves on to the top 16, top 2 of each cycle got a bye on round 1, Players continue playing in this single elimination stage until the winner is decided. This is a Type B tournament.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV RU tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination tournament.
  • Matchups are based on seeds, according to how well you did on the overall count of cycles.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown (main or smogtours).
  • All matches are to be played in [Gen 9] RU. If a ban or unban to the tier occurs during a round, the change will take effect as of the following round.
  • Replays are required, if you don't post them / if they aren't public, your games will not count.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Round 2

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #16 LBN
#2 hjkhj vs #15 feen
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #14 eifo
#4 Lime vs #20 Master Chief
#5 Ampha vs #21 Feliburn
#6 HoopsspooH vs #11 xXcrossbowXx
#7 Metallica126 vs #10 Lilo
#8 Arakd’eau ㋛ vs #24 Ming549

1709607380449.png

Good luck to all competitors!
REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED!!!
Round 2 deadline is Sunday, March 17th at 11:59 PM GMT-4!
Extension deadline is Wednesday, March 13th at 11:59 PM GMT-4!

Last edited:
#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #16 LBN - Chungler had a week to test a handful of things and is comfortable playing all sorts of structures.
#2 hjkhj vs #15 feen - Maybe the hardest to predict matchup this week, I expect hjkhj to continue establishing themselves as an SVRU mainstay after laddering hard recently.
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #14 eifo - It's pretty hard to pick against eifo at this point in my opinion.
#4 Lime vs #20 Master Chief - The second toughest matchup to call this week, Lime has loaded all kinds of fun stuff for RULT and just laddering so I expect some heat.
#5 Ampha vs #21 Feliburn - Feli isn't losing this early, sorry Ampha.
#6 HoopsspooH vs #11 xXcrossbowXx - Hoops did well to get a bye but crossbow takes this week after a nice performance in round 1.
#7 Metallica126 vs (winner of #10 Lilo vs #23 NHelioX7) - I think my rankings go Lilo > Metallica > NHeliox so this entirely depends on the results of round 1.
#8 Arakd’eau ㋛ vs #24 Ming549 - Ming put in a lot of work last round and it paid off big - I know they're cooking again here.

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
I am not familiar with chungler, and I won't get convinced they're good only based on their ladder performance (even tho I could never do it myself). LBN, however, is someone I am more familiar with, and I don't see any reason not to bold him in this matchup.

#2 hjkhj vs #15 feen
I never found hjkhj to be impressive in SS, and I didn't see anything of them in SV, so I am not entirely sure about their current form. Feen has been playing SV a lot and seems to be in a good shape lately, but even though I would say he's favored in this matchup, I could see it going either way cuz hjkhj is still good. Should be a good watch (unless hjkhj brings stall).

naming is hard, indeed. But beating eifo is harder. Good luck.

I like Lime a lot and I think hes getting better very fast, but I will favor the more experienced player here. Pretty good matchup and the one I am more excited to watch, good luck both.

#5 Ampha vs #21 Feliburn
Even though Ampha is a good friend, I can't say he's been killing it lately. I would say Feli is not in his best form atm either but it should still be enough to beat anyone in this pool of players, I don't think I am ever bolding against him in this tournament. I am interested to see what teams are going to be brought here.

Not familiar with Hoops. Crossbow needs to build better teams though.

#7 Metallica126 vs (winner of #10 Lilo vs #23 NHelioX7)
I will say Metallica is a great RU player right now and should be favored against any of their potential opponents. I can go even further and say I would bold Metallica even if they had to play against both Lilo and Helio at the same time.

I am a fan of Ming now and I don't know Arak pretty well

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
I don't know either of them that well but I have faced chungler a handful of times on the room and I think they definitely have what it takes to beat LBN. I also think LBN's team picks are very awkward and they barely worked last round so I don't expect a noivern, diancie or politoed with no abusers to win anything here. It was cool to see some araquanid tho. 60-40

#2 hjkhj vs #15 feen
Not sure about hjkhj either as I only know they were a ladder hero in previous gens. Feen has shown to be quite comfortable in this meta with good recent wins. If he preps well for stall I don't expect it to be that close. 35-65

As much as I'd love to bold my fellow translator, I have to go eifo here simply because it's his main tier and he seems to be quite inspired in the builder which is a great sign. I need more eifo cuisine. 30-70

Cool matchup and definitely close. They both tryharded the qualification stages and have impeccable knowledge of the tier. I'm bolding Master Chief because he has more experience and therefore a better in-game and I find his builds more well-rounded comparing to Lime. The thing is, you never know what to expect when playing Lime, he has used various hyper-offenses, stall and balance teams during the first cycle so I guess he feels comfortable with all the these which makes this matchup highly volatile. 40-60

#5 Ampha vs #21 Feliburn
Should be a good serie too, like beraldo and fp above I'm bolding Feli because he just has a better in-game alongside a better understanding of the meta in my opinion. Ampha can still try to surprise him in the builder which is quite easy in this undeveloped meta so I'm not counting him out. 40-60

I have come across HoopsspooH a couple of time on the room and he plays well. I still doubt he can do it against crossbow though, especially if he has someone to help him with teams and testing. 30-70

#7 Metallica126 vs (winner of #10 Lilo vs #23 NHelioX7)
I don't know Lilo even if I know he has some experience in the tier I would still bold Helio because copium. Metallica should realistically win against any of them though, he plays a lot and can easily find help for teams and testing which make him one of the top dogs here for me. He also manages a team for the chinese rupl atm so he will definitely not lack ideas and motivation in the builder. 60-40

I will not pretend I understand how Ming builds their teams, but I guess it works? At least it did for their previous serie and now knowing that it's basically impossible to prep for anything specific against them, they are definitely scary to face. I am still bolding Arak here because I know him better and he has the level to beat anyone here if he manages to stay calm and get rid of the bad stress. It should be a cool match tho. 55-45

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)