[RMT] Everyday I'm Para-shuffling

Hello everyone, thanks for clicking this thread.
This team is inspired by the ever so annoying Parashuffle dragonite. Man, is that pokemon a pain in the ass. I built a pretty good core around it. This team is built around getting all non-electic and ground Pokes paralysed, and then sweeping. This is not always achieved but along the way many threats are neutralised, and a sweep is still on its way. Without further adieu, here's the team:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Here, it is, the "My Little Pony" Of pokemon. Jokes aside, Keldeo is an exelent revenge killer and provides key resistancesd including Water and Fire. This set is Choice scarfed revenge killer. Surf and Hydro Pump work well together by Surf favouting accuracy while Hydro Bump Favouring Power. Icy wind (in gen 6) only has 5 less BP than HP ice, AND you get a speed drop! Secret Sword Provides a secondary STAB and Can wreck specialy defencive walls with thin defences. (Im looking at you, Blissey)

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill fits into this team nicely providing rapid spin and an immunity to electric (and to some degree ground) It can also be a devistating sweeper with paralysis support. Using the air ballon, excadrill can safely switch into spikes and sticky web and remove them. Swords Dance is a must have on any sweeper ,excadrill. Earthquake and Rock Slide are powerful offensive moves that hit HARD wit excadrill.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Man, is this thing annoying. It is one of the three paralysis setters on my team. Togekiss aboslutly LOVES paralysis support, As it will cause the opponent to rip there hair off with air slash. Togekiss is here as a premier special wall, for a ground immunity (other than dragonite), and a Paralasis setter/abuser. T wave is standard, cause this team loves spreading the paralysis joy!. Heal bell is a nice move allowing Machamp to use rest even outside of chesto berry and supports this team nicely.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Now we move onto the core, it consists of Jirachi, Machamp and Dragonite. Jirachis role in the core is to soak up many SE attacks (Flying, Psychic, Fairy, Rock, Ice and Dragon) and T wave the opponent. Iron head can be used for late game sweeping and overall annoyingness. Substitute works well on a confused+paralysed opponent or an opponent switching out. Fire punch is for coverage.

Machamp @ Chesto Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

Remember DPP OU? I certainly dont, I never played it. (:P) But I've heard this thing is a pain in the neck, and after testing, it sure is. Chesto rest is an unusual option, but it wor. Better than Resttalk with paraylsis support. Dynamic punch is a deadly move and creates a parafusion combo which works well for sweeping. Ice punch and Knock off are great coverage move. Knock off is used over payback becuase Machamp is "usually" going to go first with the paraylsis support so Knock off usually has the higher BP and has a nice secondary effect.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail

Here he is, The one and only ParaShuffle Dragonite! this single pokemon alone can paralyse most of the pokemon on the opponents team. This is the standard set, but I guess I have to explain it. Roost is for needed recovery, (Mostly to bring me up back to Multiscale) Substitute is for people that they can set up on the mighty Parashuffler. Dragon tail is an excellent phazing move as it usual deals 25%+ unresisted.

Threts:
-Heal bell/Aromatheraphy is a bummer.
-Mega Manetric With Flamethower/Overheat + Thunderbolt/Volt Switch (None off my pokemon resist this combo, and 4 of them are hit with SE

Please Leave Suggestions and thanks for reading!

Importable:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 164 HP / 168 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Machamp @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Knock Off
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
Change log:
- Keldeo's HP [Ice] changed to Icy wind
- Excadrills Swords Dance changed to Steath Rock
- Excadrill Changed from bulky to fast. [Speed Evs instead of Hp]
- Togekiss air Slash changed to Nasty Plot Heal Bell
- Machamps Lum berry change to leftovers
- Machamps changed from Resttalk to Chestorest

Last edited:

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Great looking team, i'd rage if i went up against it. Not that your team would need it, but why not add stealth rock over swords dance to help rack up damage while making your parashuffling strategy more effective than it already is. I also have one small question. How does your team perform against mega venusaur?

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wow nice concept! You say you have a problem with Mega Manectric? Exca should sort this problem surely? Also does keldeo not beat those pesky ground types? One slight suggestion I might make here is Icy Wind instead of HP Ice! Don't laugh, this can be vital. For those ground types that you cannot paralyze, Icy Wind will decrease their speed allowing you to get that sweep off easier! Also, Icy Wind has only 5 less power than HP Ice and decreasing speed is a fantastic benefit. Not to mention, most of the pokemon you will attempt to hit with Icy Wind are 4x weak (Lando, Gliscor) and you have Hydro Pump/Surf for Hippowdon.

Is there a way you could find something that learns Taunt to fit into your team? This could sort Heal Bell issues.

EDIT: I'm actually gonna try your team n_n

Wow nice concept! You say you have a problem with Mega Manectric? Exca should sort this problem surely? Also does keldeo not beat those pesky ground types? One slight suggestion I might make here is Icy Wind instead of HP Ice! Don't laugh, this can be vital. For those ground types that you cannot paralyze, Icy Wind will decrease their speed allowing you to get that sweep off easier! Also, Icy Wind has only 5 less power than HP Ice and decreasing speed is a fantastic benefit. Not to mention, most of the pokemon you will attempt to hit with Icy Wind are 4x weak (Lando, Gliscor) and you have Hydro Pump/Surf for Hippowdon.

Is there a way you could find something that learns Taunt to fit into your team? This could sort Heal Bell issues.

EDIT: I'm actually gonna try your team n_n
As for Manetric, Is usually has overheat so it's hard to switch in to. And for ground, That was before a added keldeo over genesect.

I'm going to change it to icy wind now, anything that wants to switch in and try to kill me will get that pesky speed drop. As for heal bell, if something that has it on the team, I'll try to kill them first, becuase I don't want to have a hole pokemon just for a Fast taunt. Thanks for the suggestion!

Great looking team, i'd rage if i went up against it. Not that your team would need it, but why not add stealth rock over swords dance to help rack up damage while making your parashuffling strategy more effective than it already is. I also have one small question. How does your team perform against mega venusaur?
Becuase of Unblock-able Defog, there's now almost no reason to run any sort off hazards.

And For M-Venasuar, Jirachi takes care off it right quick.

Great looking team, i'd rage if i went up against it. Not that your team would need it, but why not add stealth rock over swords dance to help rack up damage while making your parashuffling strategy more effective than it already is.
I accually tried this now and it works very well, but it is situational, I don't normally swords dance anyways.
Thanks for the suggestion!

RestTalk Machamp should have Leftovers over a lum berry, because Rest cures status lol. In DPP OU, only the standard attacking set carried a lum berry regularly. Resttalk can help you get rid of status, which makes the lum very useless. That being said, having consistent recovery every turn eases your livability.

I would suggest Nasty Plot or Heal Bell over Fire Blast on Togekiss, as honestly Fire Flying is super redundant typing, and you really don't get much extra coverage. Your team however, lacks a dedicated setup sweeper which togekiss could be, and really just hates status as a whole. Because of this, either will work.

RestTalk Machamp should have Leftovers over a lum berry, because Rest cures status lol. In DPP OU, only the standard attacking set carried a lum berry regularly. Resttalk can help you get rid of status, which makes the lum very useless. That being said, having consistent recovery every turn eases your livability.

I would suggest Nasty Plot or Heal Bell over Fire Blast on Togekiss, as honestly Fire Flying is super redundant typing, and you really don't get much extra coverage. Your team however, lacks a dedicated setup sweeper which togekiss could be, and really just hates status as a whole. Because of this, either will work.
I've changed Togekiss's Fire blast to Nasty plot. My team did have a set up sweeper in the form of excadrill before I added stealth rock.

For machamp, would it be viable to run a chesto rest set like this?

Machamp @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Bullet Punch / Stone Edge
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

I've changed Togekiss's Fire blast to Nasty plot. My team did have a set up sweeper in the form of excadrill before I added stealth rock.

For machamp, would it be viable to run a chesto rest set like this?

Machamp @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Bullet Punch / Stone Edge
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch
Possible, I'm a NU player by choice, so not that familiar with Machamp. That does look solid, but I would say Payback > Stone Edge as a way to hit Ghost / Psychic types, since Ice Punch + Stone Edge have very redundant coverage.

A few Changes:
  • Instead off Togekiss becoming a setup sweeper, I removed steath rock from excadrill and put swords dance to make it the set up sweeper, as togekiss wasn't a good setup sweeper, a steath rock didn't help that much. Changed togekiss Nasty plot to Heal bell
  • Chestorest Machamp instead of Resttalk. This works better becuase I really only have to rest one time.

Last edited:
I really like your team and the Dragonite build.

I suggest you to play more staller, for more haxx.
I'm sure u can do hard PRESSURE with Roar, StealthRock/Spikes and one Ghost Pokemon to cancel RapidSpin. (Maybe Gengar)
With 2 Staller Physical/2Staller Spe, 1 Scarfer et antoher one sweeper. I think ur team could be better.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
when i first took a look at this team, I definitely noticed the rock slide > iron head on exca. Iron head is a much better option as it still retains the flinch rate, but is more accurate and stronger due to STAB. fairies are problematic to your dragonite and having something that hits them hard is not even a bad idea.

you also should be utilizing hazards to make the most out of your parashuffling dragonite set. dragontailing stuff to abuse paralysis isn't really a win condition when the dragon tail isn't doing much damage and you don't have hazards helping out with the damage output. you arent even using dragon dance > thunder wave to deal more damage with dtail anyway. you have two status mons to spread paralysis, so im not sure if you need it on dragonite.

additionally, i'm not sure you really need a revenge killer when you're spreading paralysis everywhere. the only thing that I can see you needing to revenge is thundurus as its immune to twave, but even then, it can just twave your keldeo when they figure out its scarf. I would either replace keldeo outright or give it choice specs to hit much harder.

your team is already weak to azumarill and you dont have hazards so i suggest you replace keldeo / machamp with a decent answer to it while having the option to set up rocks. ferrothorn seems like a pretty decent option as it can learn twave, is a great answer to azumarill, and has decent bulk but it compounds your fire/fighting weakness that your team already has.

just some food for thought. hope i helped!

I really like your team and the Dragonite build.

I suggest you to play more staller, for more haxx.
I'm sure u can do hard PRESSURE with Roar, StealthRock/Spikes and one Ghost Pokemon to cancel RapidSpin. (Maybe Gengar)
With 2 Staller Physical/2Staller Spe, 1 Scarfer et antoher one sweeper. I think ur team could be better.
the whole point of RMT is to reccomend a change not to change their entire team.. i see youre new so you should read the rules for RMT :)

when i first took a look at this team, I definitely noticed the rock slide > iron head on exca. Iron head is a much better option as it still retains the flinch rate, but is more accurate and stronger due to STAB. fairies are problematic to your dragonite and having something that hits them hard is not even a bad idea.

you also should be utilizing hazards to make the most out of your parashuffling dragonite set. dragontailing stuff to abuse paralysis isn't really a win condition when the dragon tail isn't doing much damage and you don't have hazards helping out with the damage output. you arent even using dragon dance > thunder wave to deal more damage with dtail anyway. you have two status mons to spread paralysis, so im not sure if you need it on dragonite.

additionally, i'm not sure you really need a revenge killer when you're spreading paralysis everywhere. the only thing that I can see you needing to revenge is thundurus as its immune to twave, but even then, it can just twave your keldeo when they figure out its scarf. I would either replace keldeo outright or give it choice specs to hit much harder.

your team is already weak to azumarill and you dont have hazards so i suggest you replace keldeo / machamp with a decent answer to it while having the option to set up rocks. ferrothorn seems like a pretty decent option as it can learn twave, is a great answer to azumarill, and has decent bulk but it compounds your fire/fighting weakness that your team already has.

just some food for thought. hope i helped!
Since Talonflame and Charzard Y is running around, I prefer Rock slide as it OHKOs both off them.

The hole point of Dragonite is to paralyse as many pokemon as possible, not to deal damage. Then after Machamp and Jirachi can sweep very easily.

As for keldeo, I see what your saying, but I really feel like it helps when I'm going to getting swept early game, It also functions well as a water resist.

Azumaril isn't a problem, really.

Thanks for the suggestions.

This team is Finished and I have no idea how to lock threads.

Just pretend it's locked.
;P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)