RIP

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Here is my arguably legendary LC team. I built this during the Yanma/Tangela metagame, my favorite LC metagame ever. This team was insane, and I cannot recall losing a single serious game when using this team except once, due to massive hax vs a bro. It has been a while since Yanma/Tang got banned, but since I'm not really involved in LC anymore, I wanted to cap my playing by showing off my greatest team ever. This is imo the best hyper offense team LC has ever seen.

The team revolves around two cores that are completely independent from each other: the Sonic core (Yanma+Carvanha+Pawniard) and the Sun Core (Vulpix + Tangela). Oftentimes, one core or the other would sweep the opposition, and the two are rarely used together. Thanks to these two cores and Swirlix, this team puts on tons of offensive pressure on the opponent. When played well, your opponent will always be on the back foot throughout the game.

The key to the team was to use the offensive core most threatening to the opponent team and start off the pressure from turn 1. The Sun core was more often used first, as Tangela under 8 turns of sun was for your opponent like getting analed by 50 dicks. Swirlix is a bit of an odd one out, but it is flexible. It can single handedly 6-0 certain teams, and can always turn a situation around.

Without further ado, the team:

THE NIGGAS

NIGGA 1

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 1 Atk
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Yanma is the sweeper of the Sonic core, generally cleans after the Sun core and Carvanha/Pawniard weakened the defensive backbone of the opponent. The set is very straightforward, and with a Timid nature, Yanma speed ties Modest Tangela under sun, which can become a great situation for you. You want to trigger the Speed Boost before the opposing Speed Boost Yanma, so bring it in earlier against that type of team. Generally, if you did a good enough job early game, this should be able to straight up sweep.

NIGGA 2

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 Atk / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Carvanha is the other Speed Booster, and is used more as a midgame wall breaker thanks to its massive power output. Aqua Jet is amazing to troll shit like Pawniard who try to Sucker you, and is especially valuable to take out low health Yanmas and Gligars. Ice Beam is also crucial, as it can easily 2HKO Tangela, and thus means you can beat it if you predict it, or get a good Crunch roll. It also OHKOes if Tangela is Knocked Off, which is a very common situation thanks to Pawniard being Tangela bait.

NIGGA 3

Tangela @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 Spd / 200 SAtk / 108 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ancient Power

This guy here is arguably the most broken Pokemon to have graced XY LC. Under Chlorophyll, Tangela outspeeds everything, and with 100 base SpA and an absolutely massive defense stat, Tangela will fuck you up. Solarbeam is the main spam move, OHKOs everything, Sleep Powder is utility. This is the main win condition of the team. I run Timid to outspeed the tons of Modest Tangelas, and not many KOs are missed. I really miss this guy, it made LC fun.

NIGGA 4

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Vulpix is obligatory support for Tangela, and provides 8 turns of sun thanks to Heat Rock, which is invaluable for Tangela sweeps. Vulpix on its own is also amazingly useful, as it has an underrated 17 speed and packs a huge punch thanks to its Sun boosted Fire Blast, which OHKOs most Meditite. Double status is practical for early game crippling. Vulpix is definitely important.

NIGGA 5

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Pawniard was always one of my preferred LC mons, and XY made it a top 5 Pokemon. Pawniard does so much for the team, as it can either set up a SD sweep or aid with SR. It also is the main core weakening mon, using Knock Off to dissect bulkier cores. In this meta, it was also one of the best checks to Compoundeyes Yanma, and with the sparsity of Fighting types in this meta, was one of the most important mons to carry.

NIGGA 6

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 180 HP / 124 SAtk / 60 SDef / 124 Spd
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Aromatherapy

This cotton ball also has claims on the most broken ball of shit to grace LC. With 2 killer sets, Belly Drum and CG + CM, Swirlix is a piece of shit. Good riddance. This set is a late addition, actually updated after the Yanma/Tangela ban. I used to run SubCM Swirlix as my opening game play, but this set is tons better. Since this was before the gained popularity of CG + CM, SubCM was fine, but with the addition of this set, even battles that would be potential losses become 6-0s. Swirlix is a motherfucking machine, and sets up on almost everything. Aromatherapy is actually dramatically useful, as it eliminates my weakness to random Thunder Wave Murkrows, which could cripple my win conditions. This ball doesn't need to be part of a core, and rounds out the team nicely.

This team is exemplary HO from this era, and I absolutely loved playing with this team, as it is so fun. It is truly a regret to have lost this metagame, despite the brokenness of Tangela.

I did not build this team alone; prem is the brains behind the Sonic core, so I commend him for that core, as it was the best HO core of that meta.

Shout outs to all my niggas in LC, not all of you suck. I'm kind of lazy for individual shout outs, but the guy I have to thank the most for this team and the success it brought me is definitely prem.

That wraps this up. It sucks to know I won't be able to play with this in a regular game ever again, but I will never forget this team :]

Importable for those who want to experience the invincibility:

Yanma @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Spd / 240 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 1 Atk
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 Atk / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Tangela @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 Spd / 200 SAtk / 108 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ancient Power

Vulpix @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Swirlix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 180 HP / 124 SAtk / 60 SDef / 124 Spd
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Aromatherapy

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
This team has rekt me too many times. Uh only thing is it gets swept by opposing Yanma is Pawniard is down but Yanma shits on every team so whatever. I might suggest flamethrower over aromatherapy on Swirlies because CM CG really doesn't give a fuck about status anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)