Rain Zone (Rain bulky Offense ACRE 2000+ )

Greetings , Smogonites welcome to my second RMT,

Intro
To be honest i don't like OU rain teams i consider them unoriginal and i am sick and tired of seeing identical or almost identical rain teams in the team preview, its like people run out of imagination and creativity, so i decided not to make another boring rain team, i based the team around a underused and not that recognized rain sweeper SD Feraligatr , i also added some some of my favorite elements to give this team a little character.

Ladder performance: sadly because of the strange nature of my vocation this team hasn't been tested as much as i wanted(no match against hail teams ,good dragon spam and drag-mag ,TR etc.) i only have about 35 games with it so i don't know this team's weak points witch is why i am posting it here , however i had an 13-0 winning streak and one or two 2000+ un provisional accounts.

The Team

G (Politoed) (F) @ Expert Belt edited
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 230 HP / 252 SAtk / 30 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song edited
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Its obvious that stabbed super effective hits are not a realistic way to break through walls in our case bullky water types and grass types so i decided to run specs politoed to slowly weaken resistors with hydro pump or just crash them with ice beam/hp grass prediction in order to make a Feraligatr sweep easier,
this set not only gives a second role to toed but it also gives it the ability to break though unprepared team quite easy something that the defensive set can only dream about doing.

EV Spread: i wanted some extra speed to outran banded tyranitar ,scizor with some spd investment and other toeds , the rest is hp and s.attack.

G (Feraligatr) (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd Edited
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Feraligatr is the main sweeper of this team meaning that it usually gets the most KOs more than any other pokemon in my team, most of my team works to prepare its sweep , Politoed weakens walls that give trouble to feraligatr Jirachi provides the much needed SR and Magnezone takes care of Ferrothorn allowing feraligatr to free up the Superpower move slot in order to gain coverage over the Jelly and Celebi that infest the higher ladder, lastly Garchomp can take Breloom's Spores and get a surprise KO most of the times.

Boring things you can skip

Sword dance is one of the best boosting moves in the game after one boost ,SR and rain Feraligatr's Waterfall has a good chance of 1HKOing every single defensive or not unresisting threat
and i am pretty sure that 1hkos all of the resisting pokemon that don't have HP and sometimes def investment like keldeo and defensive Starmie .
Aqua jet is what makes feraligatr a fearsome sweeper after the SD boost it 1hkoes a plethora of offensive threats before they get a chance to KO back (thundarus,tornadus,jolteon,Terrakion and many others)

Feraligatr bulk is excellent it allows it to set up on a big portion of the Metagame while it can survive most SE non stabbed hits and sometimes stabbed SE hits like volt switch Rotom-W and Giga drain from celebi,

EVs Spread: some speed in order to outspeed other feraligatr if i ever cross one and to outspeed defensive Rotom-W

E (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SAtk / 92 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [ice]

Magnezone is there to take care of the Majority of steel types in the tier ensuring that i will always have the upper hand when i am battling a standard enemy rain team by trapping its steel types and finishing it with Latios it also helps feraligatr to get rid of Ferrothorn that can disrupt its sweep , it also keeps scizor from using pursuit or bullet punch most of the times and jirachi from using SR

boring things you can skip

you might also wonder how does a Magnezone without Hp[fire] kills steel types, well as a player that peaked #1 with a drag mag team using the exact same Magnezone, hp[ice]/Flash cannon over hp[fire] doesn't really matter, first of all Thunder/thunderbolt is more than enough for any trappable steel type not called called Ferrothorn, as for Ferrothorn things a bit more complicated the first i thing i need to do is to get free switch in on Ferrothorn avoiding the leech seeds luckily after my long experience with drag mag i can do that with 3 different ways,

the first way is the U-turn maneuver , its my favorite way to trap ferro's on rain teams , i lead with Latios i usually click draco meteor since my opponent's lead is usually killable (toed,Rotom-w) by DM it will switch to Ferrothorn then i switch to Jirachi to absorb the leech seeds then i u-turn on it when it usually deploys entry hazards.
the second way is to use my prediction skill so i can double switch when ferrothorn is about to switch, this is how i get most of them.
the third why is to simply switch on it when one of my pokemon is killed by it but this almost never happens since Ferrothorn prefers to set up especially against a team that has no spinner like mine , so i usually have to sacrifice something that is low at hp .
The second step much easier that it looks at first turn i always use sub because they always use leech seed
thanks to the frustration that substitutes creates even the greatest players almost always try to break the sub with power whip they forget to set up spikes and i simply Spam charge beam and finish it even with resistant attacks. for most of the rain teams the game is over right there and believe me when i tell you nothing causes so many rage quits as a +6 Magnezone behind a sub.

defensively Magnezone is usually used to set up substitute on pokemon like choice locked Tyranitar that just killed my Latios , hidden power keldeo and many others , i also noticed that keldeo's secret sword will not kill Magnezone even after SR something really awesome if you consider that not many people don't know that and the fact that most of the times keldeo use secret sword to safely kill it.
Magnezone is also the second steel type in my team and it provides along Jirachi good but not perfect protection over dragons.

EV's Spread: Enough speed so i can make sure that i outrun some key poks, i wish i could run more spead so i can outran defensive Heatran but the bulk loss is notable.

R (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk Edited
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Draco Meteor

Latios in a team with Magnezone is simply outstanding , this thing effects the Metagame more that any other pokemon, but even so when the steel types are gone or scared to trap it with pursuit because of the magnezone, its only a matter of how many times Latios is going to use D.M,

Specs Draco meteor is so ridiculously strong so strong that it can beat most physical defensive steel type pokemon preventing them effectively from switching on latios, it prevents banded Tyranitar from switching on Latios when SR is up as it can beat it after 2 dragon meteor/surf, defensive Tyranitar usually expect me to stay and set rocks so i like to risk a pursuit but even if it uses pursuit latios has a small chance of surviving it even after one sand storm damage,it kills Dragonite through multiscale and 2hkos most of the tier even after the s.attack drop preventing many Pokemons from setting up on it
i should also mention that other popular spacial defensive pokemon of the tier like Celebi and Rotom-W fail to reliable wall Latios .
Psychock is an excellent 100% coverage move
Trick cripples things like the blobs , Ferrothorn and many other
and rain boosted Surf to make Scizor and some other Pokemons cry , if i don't want to risk crashing them with DM

Its defensive attributes are a blessing for this team as i am usually abusing them in order to force a switch on poks like Terrakion that rarely get the chance to switch back and cause more trouble to my team.

Evs Spread: generic Latios spread.

Edited
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

keldeo is by far the best choice scarf user in the tier not only it provides protection over many set up sweepers and other offensive threats it also abuses the rain power to further damage bulky water types in order to get an easier feraligatr sweep,
its defensive attributes are also worth mentioning as it is a decent but not perfect switch to tyranitar and and scizor and it also balances my weakness to other keldeo.

EV's spread : generic keldeo spread

O (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP /160 Atk / 96 Spd Edited
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

I don't really like using jirachi not that its a bad pokemon, its just that is too cheap for me therefore i only have a few games , but i had no other choice i needed a steel type a stealth rocker and a occasional lead
Jirachi was all this so it gets a team slot,

iron head disrupts and beats most of the time lead Mamoswine extremely dangerous banded kyurem-B dragon Spam spearheads Tyranitar that stay in and many others its also used along with a potential body slam paralyze to gain a high disrupt chance , U-turn is used over wish in order to make me feel less guilty about abusing such a powerful pokemon its also used to scout sets and EV spreads to avoid getting trapped by magnezone but most of all its there to give me a free switch on Ferrothorn scizor and other steel types in order to annihilate them with magnezone

EVs spread: enough speed in order to outspeed lead mamoswines and other leads , max hp because Latios is problem and the rest is attack because iron head struggles to 1hko even when it hits super effectively.

Any rate about this slot is welcome , i am highly unsure about this set, i've tried ferrothorn instead but it slows down the momentum of the team , its also less reliable as it can be easily crippled by things like trick and spore and easily trapped by Magnezone.

So this is my team it usually relies on double switches to be effective and sacrificing to deal with critical situations, i also needs careful play and monitoring of opponents team so you can avoid several set up sweepers and scarf users to cause big trouble to it.

Thats all , sorry for my English i am European, i appreciate rates from good players but i need some time to test suggestions before i do changes according them.

Importable

special thanks to

King khalil : for introducing me to feraligatr and giving me my first high ladder win.
(sorry for that f.blast miss dude )

[masters]Mysterion : for giving me some good advices about feraligatr a long time ago

shadowhooh : for helping me to recover from an extreme Hax situation on my first and most critical tests of this team

PS people: for providing the pokedex where i got the sprites

Last edited:
Solid team! Though there are a few threats to this team. First of all Scarf Terrakion is a pain in the butt not only can it take out all your pokes but everytime it comes in either something faints or something gets dented. To solve this all you need is to replace Jirachi for Scizor and give garchomp focus sash and stealth rocks as then it would ease up the huge terrakion weakness.

So.
Scizor > Jirachi
CB Garchomp > Set up Garchomp

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Grey Knight! DragMag seems to be your thing. I can dig it.

Ok, so there are a few issues with this team that I'm sure you'll notice once you play a bit more on the ladder. First of all, everything on your team is 2HKO'd by Keldeo. When I say that, I mean un-boosted Scarf Keldeo. That isn't even considering the possibility of Specs/Expert Belt Keldeo sets. The same could be said of Agility Thundurus-T, which can set up on Politoed locked into HP Grass or Focus Blast as well as Garchomp locked into Earthquake or Sleep Talk and Magnezone if it doesn't have HP Ice. From there it can 2HKO everything (OHKO if Latios has even a tiny bit of prior damage). Not only that, but un-boosted Aqua Jet can't revenge kill it unless it's at about half health, and it certainly isn't killing Keldeo anytime soon. These are two really big threats for rain teams, so it's important to have them covered. Venusaur is also a huge threat if you lose the weather war, since nothing you have can take its moves at +2. On top of that, your team has no Scarfed Pokémon, which means that your only dedicated revenge killer is Feraligatr, which can't actually revenge kill some of the most prominent setup sweepers (Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite). This could be a problem if they set up on Magnezone or Politoed/Garchomp locked into the wrong move, or Latios at -2.

For the first threat, I think we need to look to Latios for the answer. Latios is the only thing on your team that could be considered a real "check" to Keldeo and Thundurus-T. It can usually live one of their attacks and KO back with Psyshock and Draco Meteor, respectively. But because Latios has no way of healing itself, it can only check each of them once. Not to mention that it is only a check if it is kept at full health all match, which is most likely wont be since it is Choiced and will be constantly switching in and out multiple times in a match. So Latios just isn't cutting it for your team, synergy wise. I suggest you use Calm Mind Latias over Latios. Calm Mind Latias makes a much better check to both Scarf Keldeo and Thundurus-T, taking little damage from both and possibly setting up on them depending on the situation (what health you're at, whether you switch into them or dry switch, what move you switch in on). Latias can, at the very least, put Thundurus-T to a low enough health where Aqua Jet can OHKO by attacking it or LO stalling it. She can handle venusaur pretty easily too, since she can live a +2 Sludge bomb and do serious damage back with Psyshock Latias also greatly appreciates the removal of Steel types, especially Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, which can all break her Substitutes or phaze her boosts. Latias also becomes a secondary win condition if it looks like Feraligatr won't be of much use (like against sun teams). Another thing you can do to help against these threats is use Water Gem or Expert Belt Politoed over Specs. With this, you can bluff the Specs and catch the opponent off guard by using a coverage move as they try to set up (for example, if you're locked into Focus Blast on Thundurus-T, you can then hit it with Ice Beam for a OHKO. The same can be said with Keldeo and

Garchomp needs its own paragraph. I get that you might think that people will just switch out on you if you're in against them, so you can afford to run less speed in favor of more bulk, but that's a really bad idea. Good, you can live Keldeo's HP Ice (only Scarf, mind you...). But you are now out-sped by Lucario, Offensive Gyarados, Dragonite, Kyurem, Kyurem-B, Haxorus, Modest Thundurus-T, the list goes on. Sure they might think they're slower than you and switch out, but I think any competent player can tell an Adamant Outrage from a Jolly one. Plus, if it ever comes down to a situation where you need to out-speed one of those threats, you'll lose. That's never a good thing. Your strategy basically revolves around your opponent playing exactly how you want them to, and that doesn't always happen. Now, because, as I mentioned, your team needs a Scarfed Pokémon, and we've already replaced Latios, I suggest you use Choice Scarf Garchomp over your current set.Scarf Garchomp is a great revenge killer, and can take out all three of the Pokémon I mentioned above. It also still has surprising bulk, so it can tank Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or Secret Sword and do huge damage with Outrage or Earthquake. Dual Chop, like you said, makes a great move for attacking Sash Lead Breloom and the like, so I would definitely keep that. But I think you may need to get rid of Sleep Talk. I like being able to absorb Breloom's sleep, but Garchom can get KO'd if you switch into Bullet Seed thinking Breloom will Spore. Stone Edge, on the other hand, lets you revenge kill Gyarados.

Run 72 EVs in speed on feraligatr. It lets you outrun 0 Speed Rotom-W and OHKO with Crunch at +2. otherwise you get Will-O-Wisp'd.

Finally, I think Hidden Power Ice is a must on Magnezone. It's the best answer you have to Pokémon locked into Outrage, as well as your only check to Double Dance Thundurus-T. I would personally change it to the Specs set, since I've never found Sub Charge Beam to be useful at all, but it's up to you.

Hope I was able to help with the team. Good luck, and let me know how it works out if you decide to test my changes!

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost

Politoed @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dual Chop

28 Spe--->72 Spe

Flash Cannon---HP Ice

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
First of all you should give Jirachi a spread of 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Speed with a jolly nature. It's a more efficient spread and it gives it one more point in speed to speed creep other pokemon that want to beat mamoswine.

Additionally, I would try out magic coat on magnezone over charge beam. It's a wonderful answer to lead Skarmory that want to set up spikes. You have a very high chance to take out the skarmory without it setting up any hazards, but if it does get hazards, you'll be pretty much guaranteed at least one as they'll most likely go for stealth rock on the very first turn. it doesn't handle ferrothorn as well, but at least you can get up just as many hazards as it does unless it carries bulldoze.

Furthermore, your only real water resists are latios and politoed and they're both choiced and vulnerable to ttar in some way. I don't count gatr, because you don't want to bring feralgatr until late game. To address this issue, I would make Politoed a bulky version with leftovers.

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Encore
- Protect / Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Encore and Perish song help you beat baton pass teams very easily so you don't need Garchomp to do that. Even though he's really inconsistent at doing it anyway. Defense EVs to help take Tyranitar crunches and such.

Additionally i would just replace Garchomp with a choice banded Dragonite. It functions similarly to garchomp, but provides a few niche roles garchomp is unable to do. It will make your team a bit more vulnerable to rocks, but banded nite doesn't really mind taking hazards damage. With access to extreme speed it's another revenge killer for when you don't want to bring in feralgatr to take entry hazard damage. The main reason to use it is that it has similar checks to feralgatr so you can weaken them with Dragonite, so Feralgatr has an easier time sweeping. it's also another check to keldeo that your team desperately needs.

Lastly, if you do go with dragonite > Garchomp, make sure to give your Latios Sleep Talk > Trick so that you still have a sleep absorber.

posted by Superspy :

Solid team! Though there are a few threats to this team. First of all Scarf Terrakion is a pain in the butt not only can it take out all your pokes but every time it comes in either something faints or something gets dented. To solve this all you need is to replace Jirachi for Scizor and give garchomp focus sash and stealth rocks as then it would ease up the huge terrakion weakness.

You are right terrakion is a problem as it can hit every pokemon in my team for huge chunk of damage if latios is down i will have to make painfull decisions , but as long my latios is alive and its able to scare 95% of them out terrakion is not a major problem at least not as big as some other pokemon like keldeo.

So.
Scizor > Jirachi yeah it is but it learns no sr and jirachi is there mostly to do that , not to mention that not even scizor isn't enough for that beast, i mean the there is no offensive pokemon that can safely switch on terrakion

CB Garchomp > Set up Garchomp

that is true, but garchomp must go anyway .

posted by Halcyon of Light:

Hey Grey Knight! DragMag seems to be your thing. I can dig it.

Ok, so there are a few issues with this team that I'm sure you'll notice once you play a bit more on the ladder. First of all, everything on your team is 2HKO'd by Keldeo. When I say that, I mean un-boosted Scarf Keldeo. That isn't even considering the possibility of Specs/Expert Belt Keldeo sets. The same could be said of Agility Thundurus-T, which can set up on Politoed locked into HP Grass or Focus Blast as well as Garchomp locked into Earthquake or Sleep Talk and Magnezone if it doesn't have HP Ice. From there it can 2HKO everything (OHKO if Latios has even a tiny bit of prior damage). Not only that, but un-boosted Aqua Jet can't revenge kill it unless it's at about half health, and it certainly isn't killing Keldeo anytime soon. These are two really big threats for rain teams, so it's important to have them covered. Venusaur is also a huge threat if you lose the weather war, since nothing you have can take its moves at +2. On top of that, your team has no Scarfed Pokémon, which means that your only dedicated revenge killer is Feraligatr, which can't actually revenge kill some of the most prominent setup sweepers (Gyarados, Salamence, Dragonite). This could be a problem if they set up on Magnezone or Politoed/Garchomp locked into the wrong move, or Latios at -2.

I noticed that,i wasn't familiar with those under rain damage calculation and i must say that they surprised me completely as i rarely use rain teams in OU.

As i was expecting, magnezone almost always gives me the upper hand against a rain team so i never had problem with that thundurus-T, but i will switch hp ice back to magnezone
you are right about those set-up especially dragonite will add some more revenge killing as for the weather war, if i lose the weather against a sun team i will prob lose i know that very well but sun teams are extremely underused in the higher ladder i also know that latios and dragons in general can deal extremely well
here is me a little before i peaking the ladder defeating probably one of greatest sun teams just by abusing latios and other dragons
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-21414718

For the first threat, I think we need to look to Latios for the answer. Latios is the only thing on your team that could be considered a real "check" to Keldeo and Thundurus-T. It can usually live one of their attacks and KO back with Psyshock and Draco Meteor, respectively. But because Latios has no way of healing itself, it can only check each of them once. Not to mention that it is only a check if it is kept at full health all match, which is most likely wont be since it is Choiced and will be constantly switching in and out multiple times in a match. So Latios just isn't cutting it for your team, synergy wise. I suggest you use Calm Mind Latias over Latios. Calm Mind Latias makes a much better check to both Scarf Keldeo and Thundurus-T, taking little damage from both and possibly setting up on them depending on the situation (what health you're at, whether you switch into them or dry switch, what move you switch in on). Latias can, at the very least, put Thundurus-T to a low enough health where Aqua Jet can OHKO by attacking it or LO stalling it. She can handle venusaur pretty easily too, since she can live a +2 Sludge bomb and do serious damage back with Psyshock Latias also greatly appreciates the removal of Steel types, especially Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, which can all break her Substitutes or phaze her boosts. Latias also becomes a secondary win condition if it looks like Feraligatr won't be of much use (like against sun teams). Another thing you can do to help against these threats is use Water Gem or Expert Belt Politoed over Specs. With this, you can bluff the Specs and catch the opponent off guard by using a coverage move as they try to set up (for example, if you're locked into Focus Blast on Thundurus-T, you can then hit it with Ice Beam for a OHKO. The same can be said with Keldeo and

About keldeo , best case scenario is that my latios is forcing to switch once and hopefully it dies when it fights 1 to 1

my +2 feraligatr but if it keeps geting chances and switches latios isnt enough and things get ugly , i tested that latias you said but it seems that not even that was enough to deal with it as it was always 2hkoed after sr it also lacked the surprise element that latios had and it only grew my weakness to tyranitar, so i decided to use a keldeo instead of garchomp now i have 4 pokemon that can survive a hydro pump even after medium damage and that can also 2hko or 1hko back
but its usually much easier to deal with keldeo not with keldeo in specific but with rain teams in general where keldeo are probaply used mostly here is an old replay of mine showing how easily maznezone creates an almost unfair avd over a generic rain team used by a high ladder player
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-19823063

as for the politoed suggestion, its excellent i will run expert belt that will keep it from being set up bate for thing like dragonite,

as for thundurus-t, as it usually used on rain teams i wont hesitate on sacrificing politoed to prevent it from setting up.

Garchomp needs its own paragraph. I get that you might think that people will just switch out on you if you're in against them, so you can afford to run less speed in favor of more bulk, but that's a really bad idea. Good, you can live Keldeo's HP Ice (only Scarf, mind you...). But you are now out-sped by Lucario, Offensive Gyarados, Dragonite, Kyurem, Kyurem-B, Haxorus, Modest Thundurus-T, the list goes on. Sure they might think they're slower than you and switch out, but I think any competent player can tell an Adamant Outrage from a Jolly one. Plus, if it ever comes down to a situation where you need to out-speed one of those threats, you'll lose. That's never a good thing. Your strategy basically revolves around your opponent playing exactly how you want them to, and that doesn't always happen. Now, because, as I mentioned, your team needs a Scarfed Pokémon, and we've already replaced Latios, I suggest you use Choice Scarf Garchomp over your current set.Scarf Garchomp is a great revenge killer, and can take out all three of the Pokémon I mentioned above. It also still has surprising bulk, so it can tank Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or Secret Sword and do huge damage with Outrage or Earthquake. Dual Chop, like you said, makes a great move for attacking Sash Lead Breloom and the like, so I would definitely keep that. But I think you may need to get rid of Sleep Talk. I like being able to absorb Breloom's sleep, but Garchom can get KO'd if you switch into Bullet Seed thinking Breloom will Spore. Stone Edge, on the other hand, lets you revenge kill Gyarados.

You are right about that garchomp it has not place in the higher ladder since baton pass teams are rare up there
so i firstly i switched to scarfed garchomp then i switched again to scarfed kedleo that can revange kill the above pokemon and it balances my weakness to other keldeo

Run 72 EVs in speed on feraligatr. It lets you outrun 0 Speed Rotom-W and OHKO with Crunch at +2. otherwise you get Will-O-Wisp'd.

yeah i suppose its better like that.

Finally, I think Hidden Power Ice is a must on Magnezone. It's the best answer you have to Pokémon locked into Outrage, as well as your only check to Double Dance Thundurus-T. I would personally change it to the Specs set, since I've never found Sub Charge Beam to be useful at all, but it's up to you.

yeah hp ice must be on magne especially in such a dragon infested tier, charge beam set is my fave set with the redicously high usage rates of scizors jirachi and ferrothorn and other steel types that set it always make the difference

Hope I was able to help with the team. Good luck, and let me know how it works out if you decide to test my changes!

Posted by
chimpact
First of all you should give Jirachi a spread of 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Speed with a jolly nature. It's a more efficient spread and it gives it one more point in speed to speed creep other pokemon that want to beat mamoswine.

edited

Additionally, I would try out magic coat on magnezone over charge beam. It's a wonderful answer to lead Skarmory that want to set up spikes. You have a very high chance to take out the skarmory without it setting up any hazards, but if it does get hazards, you'll be pretty much guaranteed at least one as they'll most likely go for stealth rock on the very first turn. it doesn't handle ferrothorn as well, but at least you can get up just as many hazards as it does unless it carries bulldoze.
i used magic coat a long time ago,its just not as effective as charge beam

Furthermore, your only real water resists are latios and politoed and they're both choiced and vulnerable to ttar in some way. I don't count gatr, because you don't want to bring feralgatr until late game. To address this issue, I would make Politoed a bulky version with leftovers.

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Encore
- Protect / Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Encore and Perish song help you beat baton pass teams very easily so you don't need Garchomp to do that. Even though he's really inconsistent at doing it anyway. Defense EVs to help take Tyranitar crunches and such.

i will keep the offensive set but the perish song suggestion is excellent so i am going to run in instead of surf after all why should i endure tyranitars crunch when i can kill it before it makes a move
Additionally i would just replace Garchomp with a choice banded Dragonite. It functions similarly to garchomp, but provides a few niche roles garchomp is unable to do. It will make your team a bit more vulnerable to rocks, but banded nite doesn't really mind taking hazards damage. With access to extreme speed it's another revenge killer for when you don't want to bring in feralgatr to take entry hazard damage. The main reason to use it is that it has similar checks to feralgatr so you can weaken them with Dragonite, so Feralgatr has an easier time sweeping. it's also another check to keldeo that your team desperately needs.

Lastly, if you do go with dragonite > Garchomp, make sure to give your Latios Sleep Talk > Trick so that you still have a sleep absorber.
you are right but i need a revenge killer in that slot so i used scarf keldeo instead

thanks for the rates and your time people as well for the threats you mentioned , sorry for not adopting some of your suggestions though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)