Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with Aqua Step + Moxie. +2 Close Combat cleanly OHKOes bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon. Tera Blast Ghost grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat and notably hits Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon hard. Tera Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against Choice-locked Zapdos or let it avoid revenge killing from Hisuian Arcanine's Extreme Speed. However, this increases Quaquaval's vulnerability to other priority moves such as Scizor's Bullet Punch. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can either wallbreak or clean up late-game. Quaquaval tends to struggle with bulky Salamence as well as Unaware users such as Quagsire and Tera Fairy Skeledirge. Special attackers that can take advantage of these walls such as Hisuian Zoroark and Iron Jugulis are good teammates. Hisuian Goodra is an excellent partner that can switch into faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus, as well as threaten physical walls with its wide coverage. Taunt Tornadus can help deal with Skeledirge while generating momentum through U-turn, which can help Quaquaval set up against foes such as Tyranitar and Hisuian Goodra.

1089 characters without spaces

Last edited:

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with the combination of Aqua Step boosting its Speed and Moxie boosting its Attack. Swords Dance tacks on even more firepower, allowing Quaquaval to cleanly OHKO bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon with Close Combat at +2. Tera Blast with Tera Ghost grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat, and notably hits Slowbro, Scream Tail, and Decidueye very hard. This sort of misses the mark with main priority targets slightly. I'd also want to highlight how this is an innovation that has picked up steam recently and showcased just how terrifying it can be. The main targets you want to mention though are like Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon (who otherwise just walls all attacks). A timely type change to Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against a predicted Fighting or Normal-type attack. In practice i'm not sure how often this really comes up, can mention that it lets you set up against Choice locked zapdos and stuff, but i'd also mention how it lets you avoid a revenge kill from Extreme Speed Harcanine especially. Also mention its downsides for sure though, that its losing some crucial resistances to stuff like Bullet Punch from Scizor. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can clean up late game once its checks have been weakened or removed. It also doubles up as a potent breaker in practice and doesn't need to be the cleaner at all. Quaquaval tends to struggle with bulky Water-types such as Slowbro and Quagsire, especially if it has not Terastallized. Powerful special attackers that can take advantage of these walls, such as Hisuian Zoroark, Iron Jugulis, or Greninja are good teammates. In return, Quaquaval can easily set up against special walls such as Blissey or Tyranitar. Its not just quagsire but also Tera'd dirge thats a big issue, you want ways of working around this tbh. One thing thats definitely worth a mention is Hoodra to help you deal with faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus that you struggle with while also being able to break the physical walls and helping to punish Dirge. Some other breakers like Taunt Tornadus can help put holes in Skeledirge while generating momentum with U-turn to get it set up chances against stuff like Hoodra.

949 characters without spaces

lemme know when you implement and i'll give this a quick go over.

Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with the combination of Aqua Step boosting its Speed and Moxie boosting its Attack. Swords Dance tacks on even more firepower, allowing Quaquaval to cleanly OHKO bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon with Close Combat at +2. Tera Blast with Tera Ghost grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat, and notably hits Slowbro, Scream Tail, and Decidueye very hard. This sort of misses the mark with main priority targets slightly. I'd also want to highlight how this is an innovation that has picked up steam recently and showcased just how terrifying it can be. The main targets you want to mention though are like Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon (who otherwise just walls all attacks). A timely type change to Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against a predicted Fighting or Normal-type attack. In practice i'm not sure how often this really comes up, can mention that it lets you set up against Choice locked zapdos and stuff, but i'd also mention how it lets you avoid a revenge kill from Extreme Speed Harcanine especially. Also mention its downsides for sure though, that its losing some crucial resistances to stuff like Bullet Punch from Scizor. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can clean up late game once its checks have been weakened or removed. It also doubles up as a potent breaker in practice and doesn't need to be the cleaner at all. Quaquaval tends to struggle with bulky Water-types such as Slowbro and Quagsire, especially if it has not Terastallized. Powerful special attackers that can take advantage of these walls, such as Hisuian Zoroark, Iron Jugulis, or Greninja are good teammates. In return, Quaquaval can easily set up against special walls such as Blissey or Tyranitar. Its not just quagsire but also Tera'd dirge thats a big issue, you want ways of working around this tbh. One thing thats definitely worth a mention is Hoodra to help you deal with faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus that you struggle with while also being able to break the physical walls and helping to punish Dirge. Some other breakers like Taunt Tornadus can help put holes in Skeledirge while generating momentum with U-turn to get it set up chances against stuff like Hoodra.

949 characters without spaces

lemme know when you implement and i'll give this a quick go over.
Do you want to take another look?

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
qc 1/1 ty for implementing so quick.

Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with the combination of Aqua Step boosting its Speed and Moxie boosting its Attack. Swords Dance tacks on even more firepower, allowing Quaquaval to cleanly OHKO bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon with Close Combat at +2. Tera Blast with Tera Ghost is a recent innovation that grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat, and notably hits Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon very hard. A timely type change to Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against a Choice-locked Zapdos, or let it avoid revenge killing from Hisuian Arcanine's Extreme Speed. However, this comes at the cost of increasing Quaquaval's vulnerability to other priority moves such as Scizor's Bullet Punch. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can either wallbreak or clean up late-game. Quaquaval tends to struggle with Tera Fairy Skeledirge, as well as bulky Water-types such as Slowbro and Quagsire, especially if it has not Terastallized. this sets primed to break slowbro anyway and would ideally want to tera in that matchup too so I’d keep this to dirge and quag, can use mence as a 3rd mention instead since you don’t have ice coverage here. Remove that tera comment too because you won’t break the unawares either way. Powerful special attackers that can take advantage of these walls, such as Hisuian Zoroark, Iron Jugulis, or Greninja are good teammates. In return, Quaquaval can easily set up against special walls such as Blissey or Tyranitar. quite a lot of characters atm so would get rid of this point and just bring up one of these wall breakers with your tornadus point, and then mention setting up on tyranitar and hoodra there through u turn from them. I probably wouldn’t pair gren with Quav personally so one of the other two would be good mentions and can also u turn, and blissey isn’t particularly noteable. Hisuian Goodra is an excellent partner for Quaquaval that can switch into faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus, as well as threaten physical walls with its wide coverage. Taunt Tornadus can help deal with Skeledirge while generating momentum through U-turn.

1366 characters without spaces

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

This is the best is the best I could do with the character count, as it was quite long, let me know if there's anything else I should cut down!
Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with the combination of Aqua Step boosting its Speed and Moxie boosting its Attack Aqua Step + Moxie. Swords Dance tacks on even more power, allowing allows Quaquaval to cleanly OHKO bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon at +2 (not sure if Aqua Step or CC OHKO these at +2, but you could also change the sentence to "+2 [move] cleanly OHKOes ..." to reduce character count if needed). Tera Blast with Tera Ghost is a recent innovation that Ghost grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat,(RC) and notably hits Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon hard. A timely type change to Tera Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against a Choice-locked Zapdos,(RC) or let it avoid revenge killing from Hisuian Arcanine's Extreme Speed. However, this comes at the cost of increasing increases Quaquaval's vulnerability to other priority moves such as Scizor's Bullet Punch. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can either wallbreak or clean up late-game. Quaquaval tends to struggle with bulky Salamence,(RC) as well as Unaware users such as Quagsire and Tera Fairy Skeledirge. Special attackers that can take advantage of these walls,(RC) such as Hisuian Zoroark or and Iron Jugulis,(RC) are good teammates. Hisuian Goodra is an excellent partner for Quaquaval that can switch into faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus, as well as threaten physical walls with its wide coverage. Taunt Tornadus can help deal with Skeledirge while generating momentum through U-turn, which can help Quaquaval set up against foes such as Tyranitar and Hisuian Goodra.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Add
Remove (RC=Remove comma)
Comments

This is the best is the best I could do with the character count, as it was quite long, let me know if there's anything else I should cut down!
Quaquaval @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Step
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This dancing duck is ready for the carnival! Quaquaval is a powerful sweeper in UU that can easily snowball out of control with the combination of Aqua Step boosting its Speed and Moxie boosting its Attack Aqua Step + Moxie. Swords Dance tacks on even more power, allowing allows Quaquaval to cleanly OHKO bulky Tinkaton and specially defensive Gastrodon at +2 (not sure if Aqua Step or CC OHKO these at +2, but you could also change the sentence to "+2 [move] cleanly OHKOes ..." to reduce character count if needed). Tera Blast with Tera Ghost is a recent innovation that Ghost grants perfect coverage alongside Aqua Step and Close Combat,(RC) and notably hits Slowking, Basculegion, and Tera Ghost Gastrodon hard. A timely type change to Tera Ghost also can buy Quaquaval a turn to set up against a Choice-locked Zapdos,(RC) or let it avoid revenge killing from Hisuian Arcanine's Extreme Speed. However, this comes at the cost of increasing increases Quaquaval's vulnerability to other priority moves such as Scizor's Bullet Punch. Quaquaval is an excellent choice for offensive teams looking for a sweeper that can either wallbreak or clean up late-game. Quaquaval tends to struggle with bulky Salamence,(RC) as well as Unaware users such as Quagsire and Tera Fairy Skeledirge. Special attackers that can take advantage of these walls,(RC) such as Hisuian Zoroark or and Iron Jugulis,(RC) are good teammates. Hisuian Goodra is an excellent partner for Quaquaval that can switch into faster threats like Tornadus and Thundurus, as well as threaten physical walls with its wide coverage. Taunt Tornadus can help deal with Skeledirge while generating momentum through U-turn, which can help Quaquaval set up against foes such as Tyranitar and Hisuian Goodra.
View attachment 547692
GP Team done
Done!

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey not to sound fussy but you missed several changes from my GP check, would you mind going over my analysis once again and implement those as well? If you need help you can always PM me on Discord. Thanks!

Hey not to sound fussy but you missed several changes from my GP check, would you mind going over my analysis once again and implement those as well? If you need help you can always PM me on Discord. Thanks!
Do you want to look over it one more time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)