Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

So to start I’ve selected Mega Zam as my late game sweeper. The moveset is pretty basic, although I carry Energy Ball for coverage. The main reason for this is it helps out vs Rain and also is a decent move to help cover Ash-Gren if need be. I don’t use recover on this set as I find most of the time he doesn’t need it, as he comes in late, and also having Magic Guard as his pre-mega ability stops me from taking any residual damage. Alakazam doesn’t need full speed investment to outspeed Greninja or Koko, hence the reason I’ve added the extra EVs into Defence to help it survive so it can throw out another attack instead of going down

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

What’s a Psy-Spam team with Lele? I’ve opted for a Fightinium Z set as this helps break through annoying steels, namely Heatran, which both Lele and Zam struggle with. I’d rather have the Z move so I don’t have to worry about missing a Focus Blast when I’m in a tight spot. Psychic and Moonblast are basic stab, and HP Fire is there to help deal with Ferrothorn and M-Scizor. I run Modest on this set as the remainder of the team has decent speed control and I find this makes Lele that much better of a wallbreaker.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

I’m using a specially defensive trapper Tran here, to help deal with the annoying bulky mobs that wall my psychic core. Good examples include Clefable and Celesteela (outside of Lele HP Fire). As you will see I have stealth rock on Landorus T as well as Tran so I’d like this to change but I couldn’t decide on what else to give Tran at the time. Leftovers is helpful just to help recover off the damage from entry hazards to make sure he’s at full health to fulfill his role and not get worn down.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn

I’ve opted for a physically defensive Lando here. The EV’s are focused on his already decent defence and the Speed EV’s give us the ability to slow U-Turn to bring in my Zam safely without having to worry about how frail he is. Rocky Helmet is there to punish opposing U-Turns and wear down the opponents team making it easier for Zam to clear up weakened foes easier, as well as Stealth Rocks. I run knock off here as Lando does a great job at scaring out the opponent and it’s always nice to be able to get rid of an item/scout for Z move when predicting the switch.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Defog

I found that I was beginning to have a weakness to Ash-Greninja, so that’s the main reason for Rotom-W. Leftovers to help keep him healthy so he can keep coming in throughout the game. A pretty standard Rotom set. The volt switch creates a volt turn core with Lando to create momentum and help bring in my offensive Pokemon safely. Defog is nice when you can predict a switch, to get rid of the hazards on the field. Will-O-Wisp is also decent to help shut down pesky physical attackers such as opposing Bulu, Kartana, Kyurem-B for example.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike

Kartana is here as a physically offensive wall breaker. His attack is sky high and although frail, really packs a punch. I’ve chosen the choice scarf here as it’s nice to not have to worry about being outsped, and plus under psychic terrain I don’t have to worry about priority either so he always comes in and takes a life. I’ve opted for knock off again here as if I need to bring him in earlier in the game it’s always nice to have so that I can scout items.

If anyone has any suggestions to improve the team I’d really appreciate it, as I’m more of a battler than a team builder, and sometimes a second insight is really helpful.

Hi, nice team you got there. I'm here to suggest some changes, so here we go!

Major Changes

-->

The team in it's current state is very weak to opposing Kartana, as while still checking Landorus Therian. Tornadus works quite well, acting as the team's defogger, as well as generating momentum via U-turn, and crippling item-dependent pokemon, such as Rotom Wash or Celesteela. Torn also checks most variants of Kartana, barring Z Giga Impact Kartana.

-->

This team really lacks a way to handle Ash Greninja. Hydreigon helps with this, and also gives the team a non-rock weak Ground immunity, which is always nice. Hydreigon can also stay in and weaken things like Ferrothorn due to metronome, which benefits it's teammates. Hydreigon also functions as a wallbreaker, wearing Steel types down with Earth power, and fat psychics and celesteela down with Dark pulse.

Minor Changes

- Shadow Ball --> Recover , Energy Ball --> Knock Off

Recover is needed for Alakazam to actually handle Heatran consistantly. Knock Off cripples item dependent pokemon, like Celesteela, for Tapu Lele to break through opponent's teams easier. While energy ball does have it's uses, Knock Off provides more utility in general, not just vs rain.

-
-->

As previously mentioned, Hydreigon as well as Landorus and Heatran can all take on most steel types that annoy Tapu Lele. The team also lacked a wincon, so I decided to change Taunt+Fightinium into Calm Mind+Psychium. With all these team members weakening steel types for Lele, Lele can smash in the endgame with it's boosted psychium+moonblast being practically impossible to switch into.

- Spread Change

Originally, you had the "standard" spread of 252 HP / 128 SpDef / 128 Speed Calm. I modified it to a spread I got from my friend Ske, which is 252 HP / 208 SpDef / 48 Spe Calm, as you don't really need to creep banded ttar anymore, and the increased special bulk can be really handy when checking things like Alakazam, Tapu Lele, etc. Heatran also now carries the Stealth Rocks on the team.

-
-->

With Heatran now carrying the Stealth Rocks, Landorus is now free to replace Kartana as the team's speed control. U-turn gains momentum, Stone Edge snipes Volcarona as well as Zard Y and Mega Pinsir. Finally, Explosion can sacrifice your Landorus to remove or severely weaken something from the game, such as a Tornadus or Hawlucha.

Threatlist

- Ironically, Heatran is one of the biggest issues for this team, specifically Toxic variants. Other variants can be handled through the likes of Hydreigon and Alakazam. The best way around this is to not give Heatran a free switch in. This can be done by clicking U-turn on the switch into Heatran with Tornadus, which otherwise would let Heatran in for free.

- More ironics. Psyspam is incredibly difficult for this team to handle, as Heatran is pressured throughout the entire game and can be removed with well time focus blasts from the 2, respectively. The best way to go about handling this matchup is to play aggressive by making doubles and never giving them a free turn to attack.

Importable

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the changes, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me :]

Hi Sickist. Thanks for the rate. I agree with all the changes you’ve made. I will get a start on play testing with these adjustments and let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Sickist I’ve been testing the team for the last few hours and most of the changes are much better. The only thing I’m struggling with is taking any kind of Specially Bulky Pokemon. Scarf-Lando is my only physical Pokemon and although it packs a punch, I find it’s the only Pokemon on the team that can deal with Magearna (AV), Chansey etc. Tapu Fini is hard to deal with as well, as misty terrain blocks status, so I can’t even wear it down with a well timed toxic from Heatran. Any advice on how to deal with this problem?
Thanks

Sickist I’ve been testing the team for the last few hours and most of the changes are much better. The only thing I’m struggling with is taking any kind of Specially Bulky Pokemon. Scarf-Lando is my only physical Pokemon and although it packs a punch, I find it’s the only Pokemon on the team that can deal with Magearna (AV), Chansey etc. Tapu Fini is hard to deal with as well, as misty terrain blocks status, so I can’t even wear it down with a well timed toxic from Heatran. Any advice on how to deal with this problem?
Thanks
As far as fini, it's very reliant on leftovers to stay healthy, so knocking it off is generally key. As far as breaking through special walls, something to consider is maybe Psyshock > Psychic on Tapu Lele. The boosts accumulated will still cause huge damage with the Z move, which still hits on the special side, while nailing specially bulky pokemon on their physical defense with psyshock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)