Project Special: Currently Featuring Metronome Cup Pokemon and Battle Spot Event Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Project Special

What is Project Special?

As some of you may know, Gamefreak has a habit of supplementing its Battle Spot Singles, Doubles, and VGC ladders with wackier formats. These come in the form of either Battle Spot Special, a ladder that changes every season, and fun gimmick tournaments like Ultra Spooky Cup or Simple Symphony.

These metagames are often unique changes of pace, but this comes with a consequence: Special often has low ladder activity, and these metagames often require specialized Pokemon that can be a real pain to get!

That's where this thread comes in: I want Smogon to start taking over the special ladders (especially since there are only 3 left for this gen!). In order to achieve that goal, we gotta have some mons ready first!

Over the course of this generation (and the next depending on how gamefreak handles the ladders), I'll use this thread to give away these specalized Pokemon so you can partcipate too, for the glory of Smogon (or just your own glory, I don't care)!

Rules and Info

1. All Pokemon on this thread are 100% redistrutable and cloned. Hell, I encourage you to clone them and give them away in your threads and in other forms, that means less work for me! However, due to this, please don't actually trade these Pokemon for something valuable, they're supposed to be free so anyone can play in Gamefreak's weird and wacky metagames!

2. To get a mon, put up a Buneary on GTS, and post here telling me its: Gender, Ball, Level, and your in-game name. You can find Buneary easily at route 1 in Ultra Sun and Moon.

3. The event mons work differently, since GTS doesn't like it when those are distributed. If you want them, we'll have to arrange a time to trade. Discord is your best bet, since I hang around the Smogon ones a lot, so give me a highlight there if you want my attention!

4. To make my life easier, please edit your post when you got your mon. This way, I don't look for it in vain if I forgot I traded ya! I would suggest using the cross out text thing.

5. I'm not gonna change the items on whim. Sorry about that, too much work on my end. On the bright side, for Pokemon that have variable abilites, I'll give them an Ability Capsule!

The Format this Season: Metronome Cup

Gamefreak has put forth whats possibly the most teambuilding free competition yet. The rules here are simple: you choose only one of your Pokemon out of 6. And you can only have the move Metronome! This format is mostly luck, but since you don't need to think much, it's also the ultimate "netflix and chill" ladder! That being said, it still requires a LOT of transfered Pokemon and odd Hidden Powers!

To make things simple: All of these Pokemon will only have Metronome, and all of them are level 100! Also, all Pokemon will have non EVed versions in case you desire your own custom EV spread.

The Most Important Pokemon: Gengar!

OT: CHAS | ID: 43603
Bold | Cursed Body
IVs: 2 | 20 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Item: Mago Berry
Hidden Powers: Ghost
EVs: 228 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe

Donated by Lego

(master ball)

OT: Lego | ID: 13115
Relaxed | Cursed Body
IVs: 0 | 0 | 1 | 11 | 18 | 1 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Item: Iapappa
EVs: 228 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe

Behold: the master of the Metronoming, Gengar! Gengar's bulk isn't great, so it may seem strange until you learn about Cursed Body. With this, Gengar has a 30% chance of disabling Metronome (yeah seriously, this was tested), forcing your foe to Struggle for 4 turns. This is instant death for a LOT of the more defensive users of Metronome without a Mental Herb or super berry! Hidden Power Ghost may seem extremely silly to bring up, but its actually important for mirror matches: if Gengar calls upon Hidden Power, Ghost will do the most damage vs opposing Gengar. Seriously, Gengar is so good you can just make your team just have Gengar as the only Pokemon, and you'll probably do fine!

The Bold EV spread gives Gengar maximum physical bulk to take on Struggles (important because several Pokemon use Choice Band because of Gengar), and the 20 Speed EVs outspeed Adamant Medicham. Mago Berry is good against the Choice Band Struggle stuff that tries to beat Gengar (and also gives a Ghost-typed Natural Gift), but Black Sludge does allow Gengar to shrug off weak attacks more easily.

Thanks to Lego , I also have a Relaxed Gengar to give away. Your milage may vary on wether or not this is better against mirror matches, but it does give Gengar an extra bit of power vs other slower Pokemon, which is a welcomed thing, at the cost of being slower than Medicham.

Stay tuned, I'll add more Gengar natures as this giveaway goes on!

Also, fun fact: The Gengars in this thread are all from my Pokemon Yellow I bought from 1999. I got my ancient Pokemon Yellow save on my 3DS using a complicated web of outdated hardware. I sure didn't expect this Gengar to ever have a use like this almost 20 years back!

Offensive Pokemon
Since Gengar is so nasty, there's a tactic of using Choice Band Pokemon to try and nail Gengar with boosted Struggles. While 100% reliable, its your best shot of beating Gengar if you aren't in the mood for Cursed Body rolls yourself. Also, you can actually run other items than Choice Band (stupid Item Clause), but be warned: they'll be much more scared of an early Cursed Body activation!

Medicham

Donated by: Lego
OT: Lego | ID: 10001
Adamant | Pure Power
IVs: 1 | 31 | 6 | 25 | 17 | 0 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Item: Choice Band
Hidden Powers: Psychic
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 ATK / 6 Spe

Brave | Pure Power
IVs: 30 | 31 | 19 | 17 | 11 | 0 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 ATK / 6 SpD

Jolly| Pure Power
IVs: 1 | 18 | 7 | 19 | 23 | 14 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 ATK / 252 Spe

Medicham is no joke here, Pure Power means its physical attacks pack a whallop! It is among 2 Choice Banders in this format that also 3HKOs Gengar with Choice Band Struggle! I'd go for the Adamant one personally, but Brave can give you an advantage against Jirachi and opposing Medicham if you get into a Struggle war. Also, I put max HP on Medicham since it gives it a better match-up vs slower Pokemon such as Snorlax, useful since Medicham's bulk isnt that good. Also, Hidden Power Psychic does ok damage vs Gengar, thanks to the STAB!

I have recently added a Choice Scarf variant, if you want to play riskier.

Ambipom

Donated by: Xen
OT: Joe | ID: 00003
Adamant | Technician
IVs: 16 | 3 | 12 | 29 | 2 | 15 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 ATK / 6 Spe

Ambipom is the other Struggle user that can 3HKO Gengar. While it isn't as powerful as Medicham in all cases, Technichan powers up the weak moves compared to Medicham, and unlike any other Pokemon, Ambipom is actually faster than Gengar! Despite that, I still gave it max HP and Attack for better match ups vs slow mons. Also, its neat that Hidden Power Ghost is actually boosted thanks to Technician!

Machamp

Adamant | Guts
IVs: 3 | 13 | 26 | 5 | 10 | 1 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Item: Ability Capsule
EVs: 244 Hp / 252 ATK / 14 Spe

Machamp isn't quite as poweful or fast as Medicham and Ambipom, only 4HKOing Gengar with Struggle. That's ok though, because Machamp is much bulkier, and has two really good abilities to choose from! The default here is Guts, which is great for punishing status, but I include an Ability Capsule because No Guard lets you always connect OHKO moves (and always be hit by them lol), and never miss other important stuff! Hidden Power Ghost is weak, but hey its better than nothing vs Gengar, Jirachi, and Medicham!

Hariyama

Adamant | Thick Fat
IVs: 10 | 8 | 23 | 21 | 10 | 1 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 124 Def / 124 SpD / 4 Spe

Hariyama is pretty similar to Machamp. It isn't as powerful, but with Thick Fat, it's got more resists, which always comes in handy! This one just has Choice Band since Thick Fat diffenciates it from Machamp. However, in the future, when I can get ahold of a Brave Hariyama, Guts will be a reasonable option on that, since it's actually slower than Blissey!

Snorlax

(great ball)

Brave | Thick Fat
IVs: 5 | 21 | 16 | 18 | 22 | 0 & 9 | 28 | 23 | 11| 30 | 1 (Both Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Hidden Powers: Fighting, Ghost
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Snorlax isn't what you first think of for Choice Band, but its got enough power to pull it off, and its by far the bulkiest user of it around! You have two different Hidden Power choices here. By default, I'll give out Hidden Power Fighting, since Snorlax's bulk means that it actually would rather not hit Gengar, since the immunity means Cursed Body won't activate. However, if you want to hit Jirachi and Medicham a bit, I'll give out Hidden Power Ghost if specified!

Also, by default I have it on Thick Fat because more resists is always nice. However, it also has Immunity, which is very useful since theres a lot of moves that can poison. The choice here is up to you, since I've included an Ability Capsule!

Granbull

OT: Theorymon | ID: 573777

Brave | Intimidate
IVs: 26 | 11 | 10 | 5 | 28 | 1 Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
EVs: 244HP / 252 Atk / 12Def

Granbull's claim to fame compared to most offensive Pokemon is Intimidate. With this, it's your most physically bulky option for an offensive Pokemon, at the cost of not having great Special Defense. Special thanks to Stellar for providing the Love Ball Snubbull I used to breed this!

Primeape

OT: CHAS | ID: 43603
Adamant | Defiant
IVs: 0 | 18 | 31 | 31 | 28 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Item: Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Spe

Primeape is a high risk, high reward Pokemom. Like Medicham, it isn't particularly bulky, nor does it have a large amount of power. Primeape's secret lies in Defiant. There's tons of random stat debuffing moves Metronome can pick, and if they hit Primeape, it gets a beefy +2 Attack boost! I gave it an Iapapa Berry since this can choose a Dark-type move to slam Gengar and Jirachi with. Also, like the Bold Gengar, this Primeape is from my old Yellow save!

OT: WCSK17 | ID: 31121
Brave | Synchronize
IVs: 31 | 0 | 13 | 31 | 31 | 0 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 SpA​

This is the Mew that was given out at a VGC tournament in 2017 in South Korea (and thus, note that I injected this wonder card, and used pcalc to RNG it!)

You'd think Mew would have trouble competing with Jirachi, and while this is technically true, almost all Jirachi go defensive with Rocky Helmet. Since species clause is a thing, this gives Mew an extremely valuable role: an offensive alternative to Jirachi! While it may not be as strong of a Choice Bander as a few others here, Mew is still great at the role ironically because of its high Special Attack stat. Thanks to that, Mew is very consistent at dealing damage compared to other Choice Banders!

Like the other events, we'll have to do a private trade for this one.

Found by Lego
OT: アゲト | ID: 31121
Brave | Natural Cure
IVs: 12 | 20 | 9 | 25 | 11 | 28 [HP Psychic] (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats) & 7 | 22 | 2 | 20 | 21 | 1 [HP Water] (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Item: Weakness Policy
Hidden Powers: Psychic, Water
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 SpA

This is the obscure Ageto Celebi from the Japanese Pokemon Colloseum Bonus Disc! Lego managed to find a savefile full of these things, so just be warned: While we're pretty sure this Celebi is legit (the disc could send out a whopping 48 Celebis), this is an unusual method for getting it!

Anyways, Celebi is a weird gimmick: it uses its vast array of weaknesses to attempt a set up with Weakness Policy. Very risky, but potentially rewarding. We found two promising Celebi on the disc: A Brave HP Psychic one, and a Brave 1 Speed one (that unfortunately had HP Water). Reason to use Brave and all that Attack investment is because it makes its Struggles more powerful in case you face Gengar. Not the most common mon around, but it's an interesting choice.

Much like Jirachi, GTS doesn't like event legendaries, so we'll need to arrange a private trade for this one!

PP Stallers
Since Metronome will often call pretty useless moves, PP stalling is a cruel and potentially effective way to take advantage of this! Be warned though, most of these Pokemon have SERIOUS problems with playing the Gengar roulette. But hey, if they don't face Gengar, you'll be ready to crush stuff! You'll also notice most of these Pokemon are physically defensive, since there are more physical moves than special moves to deal with here. Finally, all of these Pokemon tend to have minimum Speed, since in mirror matches, they'll likely get into PP stall wars!

Item-wise, you'll usually see 4 different kinds of items. Super berries like Figy, Wiki, Agauv, and Mago can restore a ton of heath quickly, hand for the more powerful ones like Jirachi and Snorlax against Gengar. Leftovers is cool for letting these Pokemon last long against weak moves, while Rockey Helmet punishes the MANY contact moves Metronome can choose. If you're worried about other stallers, Leppa Berry can let you win the Struggle war at the cost of general surviability. Finally, if you hate Gengar, Mental Herb gives you one get out of jail free card against Cursed Body!

Donated by Lego
OT: WISHMKR | ID: 20043
Relaxed | Serene Grace
IVs: 10 | 28 | 29 | 9 | 13 | 0 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Item: Rocky Helmet
EVs: 228 Hp / 252 Def / 30 SpD

Oh lord, we got a Steel-type here! With Steel / Psychic Jirachi resists the vast majority of the moves thrown at it, making it extremely difficult to take down. Even scarier, its got good mixed offenses and defenses, and can even hax harder with Serene Grace! Like most stall mons, Jirachi has Gengar problems, but its Psychic STAB and Hidden Power Psychic means its capable of doing decent damage to it at least.

Very important! GTS doesn't really like people asking for Jirachi on GTS, so you'll have to arrange a personal trade with me. Like I mentioned, you got a good shot at getting me if you message me on Discord since I hang around the Smogon ones a lot, and my phone will alert me to that! Otherwise, leave a message on my wall if you want Jirachi, and we can arrange a time.

Snorlax

(great ball)

Relaxed | Thick Fat
IVs: 10 | 0 | 27 | 22 | 16 | 0 & 10 | 20 | 19 | 3 | 20 | 1 (Both Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 30 SpD

This is more familiar territory for Snorlax. It may not have Jirachi's reistances, but it has much better Special bulk, and its extremely slow which gives it an edge against other stallers. Thick Fat's resistances are really handy, but Immunity is great against preventing a Poison status. I suggest Hidden Power Fighting so you don't risk a Cursed Body against Gengar, but Ghost does a tiny bit of extra damage vs Jirachi and Medicham.

Clefable

(dream ball)

Relaxed | Magic Guard
IVs: 10 | 16 | 31 | 18 | 20 | 0 Hypertrained in all stats except Speed)
Item: Wiki Berry
Hidden Powers: Fighting
EVs: 236 HP / 148 Def / 124 SpD

Clefable's bulk may not seem too impressive compared to Snorlax and Jirachi, but it has one big trick up its sleeve: Magic Guard. With this, stuff like Rocky Helmet and status effects won't wear it down, which is great in struggle wars! I gave this one more mixed defensives since Clefable doesn't have extreme bulk on one side or the other, and Hidden Power Fighting in case you face off against Gengar, don't want to needlessly activate Cursed Body!

Special thanks to Stellar for giving me the Dream Ball Cleffa to start off the breeding!

Togekiss

Relaxed | Serene Grace / Super Luck
IVs: 11 | 19 | 30 | 3 | 4 | 1 (Serene Grace) & 19 | 16 | 1 | 15 | 5 | 1 (Super Luck) (Both Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Item: Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

Togekiss has a unique typing and nice amount of Special Attack for a defensive Pokemon, and two kick butt abilities too! Serene Grace is the obvious one for some extra hax, but I included Super Luck as well, since some forms of hax such as Paralysis and flinching actually help your opponent here! I also bred Hidden Power Ghost on this since it does decent damage to Gengar.

Special thanks to Don Honchkrorleone for catching the Togepi in XY that would grow up and give birth to these two fine Togekiss, Du Fromage!

Blissey and Chansey

Relaxed | Serene Grace
IVs: 7 | 30 | 0 | 0 | 10 | 0 & 29 | 16 | 31 | 17 | 29 | 1 (Both Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Speed)
Item: Aguav Berry / Eviolite for Chansey
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 22 SpD (Blissey) & 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD (Chansey)

Blissey is the supreme staller for Special Attacks. Seriously, they just bounce off her like nothing considering how many weak ones there are! She also has a decent Special Attack stat and can abuse Serene Grace, so she doesn't always just sit there and stall. You can use Chansey since she's a bit slower and has Eviolite, but Chansey has a serious lack of offensive presence and is more vulnerable to being chipped at compared to Blissey, so I'd go towards Blissey most of the time.

Hidden Power Fighting is nice for not risking a potential Cursed Body when choosing Hidden Power, but Hidden Power Ghost hits Jirachi and Medicham harder.

Special thanks to Stellar for giving me a Love Ball Chansey to breed with!

Coming soon from me: Clefable and Togekiss

Last edited:

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Battle Spot Events
Gamefreak has had several events relevant to both Battle Spot Singles and Battle Spot Doubles, mostly from gen 6. Thankfully, unlike specials, none of these are particularly metagame defining. However, they're still pretty useful for certain teams!

Some important notes if you want these Pokemon:

1. You're gonna have to arrange a private trade with me, since GTS isn't cool with event Pokemon ribbons.

2. All of these Pokemon, unless otherwise mentioned, were RNGed using a homebrewed 2DS using pcalc, and gotten with injected Wondercards. I realize not everyone is cool with that, so that's why I'm mentioning it!

Greninja

OT: そうせんきょ | ID: 00720
Naive | Protean
IVs: 6 | 29 | 10 | 12 | 27 | 24 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Moves: Ice Beam / Gunk Shot / Hidden Power / Happy Hour
Item: Focus Sash
Hidden Powers: Fire
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

OT: そうせんきょ | ID: 00720
Timid | Protean
IVs: 29 | 0 | 1 | 20 | 31 | 12 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Ice Beam / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power / Happy Hour
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
These two Greninja (one mixed, one special) let you use a rather elusive set: Normalum Z Happy Hour, which lets Greninja get a +1 boost in all its stats! This is actually getting removed from the analysis in its revamp partly because it can be a bit tricky to set up, and because it was extremely difficult to test on cart because all the QR codes with the team weren't very good. That changes now though, now that I RNGed Hidden Power Fire ones! Of course, if you don't want to try out the Happy Hour set, you can just replace it with Water Shuriken and use it like a regular Protean Greninja!

OT: はままつちょ | ID: 12074
Timid | Torrent
IVs: 9 | 0 | 3 | 30 | 15 | 22 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Substitute / Water Shuriken / Hydro Cannon / Ice Beam
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe​

I realize what you may be thinking: "the heck is this, Torrent Greninja?!" For various reasons, Torrent Greninja is actually a huge deal in Battle Spot Singles, such as Battle Bond being banned, and the faster pace of the format compared to OU. The idea here is: you use Waterum Z, and Substitute down to Torrent range, and use Z-Hydro Cannon to bust through mons. To give you a picture of its power, Torrent boosted Hydro Vortex does over 50% to Ferrothorn!

Now you may be wondering why the heck I got an obscure, Tokyo based wonder card for this Greninja: the method to my madness lies in that Cherish Ball. Sharper players may notice that, and assume its that Happy Hour set, and thus it must have Protean. This Greninja flies in the face of that, and could lead to some upsets!

Gengar

OT: XY | ID: 10244
Timid | Cursed Body
IVs: 13 | 0 | 21 | 10 | 157| 4 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Shadow Ball / Sludge Wave / Icy Wind / Focus Blast
Item: Gengarite
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe​

This is special shiny Halloween Gengar that was given out back in 2014, with a move it doesn't normally learn: Sludge Wave. Sludge Wave gives you a bit of an extra kick compared to Sludge Bomb, which is neat for more offensive Mega Gengar. Not much else to say except its just another option for an excellent mega Pokemon!

Zapdos

OT: Aldora | ID: 05026
Bold | Static
IVs: 2 | 0 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Discharge / Heat Wave / Hidden Power / Roost
Item: Rocky Helmet
Hidden Powers: Ice
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
While Defog may not be too great in Battle Spot Singles, Zapdos is still a damn fine defensive Pokemon to use (especially with Ferrothorn!), checking major threats such as Mega Salamence and Celesteela. This Zapdos is from that email serial code event Nintendo did a while ago, giving it its hidden ability, Static. This can be rad for punishing Pokemon that use contact moves even further with a 30% chance of paralysis! You can use this in Battle Spot Doubles too (and I may RNG for better natures for that format if there's demand), but note that the speed checking nature of Pressure is quite useful in doubles.

Celebrate Eeveelutions

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 10014
Bold | Synchronize
IVs: 8 | 0 | 1 | 12 | 9 | 18 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Celebrate / Foul Play / Substitute / Baton Pass
Item: Gold Bottle Cap
EVs: 252 HP / 118 Def / 140 Spe

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 10015
Calm | Synchronize
IVs: 7 | 0 | 9 | 2 | 21 | 16 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Celebrate / Foul Play / Substitute / Baton Pass
EVs: 252 HP / 118 SpD / 140 Spe

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 10123
Timid | Water Absorb
IVs: 14 | 0 | 31 | 30 | 13 | 22 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Celebrate / Scald / Substitute / Baton Pass
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 10123
Timid | Synchronize
IVs: 14 | 0 | 31 | 30 | 13 | 22 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Celebrate / Psychic / Substitute / Baton Pass
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spe

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 10016
Timid | Volt Absorb
IVs: 17 | 0 | 4 | 11 | 11 | 15 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Celebrate / Thunderbolt / Substitute / Baton Pass

OT: ポケセン♪ | ID: 171101
Jolly | Leaf Guard
IVs: 14 | 26 | 13 | 13 | 18 | 0 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Moves: Celebrate / Leaf Blade / Substitute / Baton Pass
Hidden Powers: Rock
Throughout all of gen 6 (and much of gen 7 for Jolly natured ones), Gamefreak has been giving out Eeevee with the move Celebrate if you go to a Japanese Pokemon Center on your birthday and provide proof of it. This might not mean much in most other metagames, but this is a big deal in Battle Spot Singles, because you can Baton Pass boosts from Z-Celebrate to nasty stuff like Mega Kangaskhan!

Umbreon is the premier user of this tactic thanks to its damn good bulk. I have EVed both the Bold and Calm Umbreons to be able to outspeed Thundurus-T after one use of Z-Celebrate, a Pokemon that ocasionally runs Taunt (If you want more bulk, I would make sure to at least outspeed Jolly Gyarados after a boost).

The other Eeveelutions aren't really that common, but they have a few interesting perks (and I've always wanted to try them heh). Vaporeon isn't as bulky as Umbreon, but it isn't weak to Fairy-type attacks and does good damage to Hippowdon, which is cool. I Eved that one to outspeed Kartana after a boost, because Kartana is a big issue otherwise. Espeon doesn't have all that much bulk, but its one of the speedier Baton Passers of the group for sure. Jolteon is the ultimate in setting up Z-Celebrate fast, at the cost of bulk. Finally, Leafeon has a cool defensive typing and decent Defense and Speed.

Endeavor Pikachu (make sure to evolve into a Raichu forme!)

OT: PGL | ID: 08215
Hasty | Lighting Rod
IVs: 1 | 26 | 0 | 31 | 1 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in ONLY Attack)
Moves: Fake Out / Encore / Thunderbolt / Endeavor

Naive | Lighting Rod
IVs: 1 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 1 | 28 (Hypertrained to 31 in ONLY Speed)

Timid | Lighting Rod
IVs: 19 | 0 | 31 | 2 | 31 | 28 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)

Timid | Lighting Rod
IVs: 12 | 0 | 18 | 23 | 31 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)

Jolly | Lighting Rod
IVs: 8 | 31 | 24 | 31 | 25 | 31 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Moves: Fake Out / Encore / Volt Tackle / Endeavor
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ah yes, this is the Pikachu that, as a Raichu, went on to win VGC 16 with an unusual Assault Vest set! This was given out for partcipating in the Pikachu Cup tourament back in gen 6 (I wrote a massive article about it here, gonna shamlessly plug it: https://www.smogon.com/articles/pikachu-cup )

Anyways, the special move on this Pikachu is Endeavor, which can let Raichu severely damage stuff after a Focus Sash activation. Thankfully, since it also got Fake Out and Encore as part of this distribution, this Raichu should be used in Battle Spot Doubles, where it's most at home thanks to Lighting Rod and a fast Fake Out. The Hasty and Naive Pikachus (which were horrible to RNG rofl) have minimum defenses to take the most advantage of Endeavor. However, if you want some more bulk, or just want to make your opponent paranoid with that Cherish Ball, I got Timid options too. Since this Pikachu is guranteed to have 2 31 IVs, this also means that for Timid, I could RNG a Hidden Power Fire one for those of you that want to hit Kartana hard! Finally, I've heard of there being some Volt Tackle Raichus running around, so I got a Jolly one too, but I've never seen them before besides hearing "they use Electrium Z".

Oh yeah, normally regular Raichu is better. To get Raichu in Ultra Sun and Moon, you'll have to use a Thunderstone while in Ultra Space. Reason I left them as Pikachu was to save space (I got lots of mons coming in soon), and because there may be a few cases where people want an Alolan Raichu instead!

Zoroark

OT: Sly | ID: 11045
Timid | Illusion
IVs: 0 | 0 | 16 | 19 | 7 | 11 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats except Attack)
Moves: Sludge Bomb / Dark Pulse / Flamethrower / Hidden Power

OT: Sly | ID: 11045
Naive | Illusion
IVs: 29 | 30 | 30 | 7 | 25 | 13 (Hypertrained to 31 in all stats)
Moves: Sludge Bomb / Dark Pulse / Flamethrower / Sucker Punch
Ok I'm going to be honest... I've never actually seen someone successfully pull off Zoroark in Battle Spot Singles, even if on paper, hazards not being as prevelant as Smogon metagames makes it seem like it could screw someone up. But hey, if you want to try out Zoroark, that event Sludge Bomb is probably your best bet so you can hit the Tapus nicely!

Last edited:

Theorymon

This post is for Pokemon that are notoriously useful in MULTIPLE specials. I'll add some stuff to this later!

Hey buddy I really like this idea of giving out pokemon to the poor.

Level: 4
IGN: Puffkilla
Pokemon Requested: Gengar

Last edited:
Level: 3
Ball: Quick Ball
IGN: Juan

Thanks for the GA! It would be impossible to play this format without this help.

Last edited:
Yo! Thanks for taking the time with this amazing thread and lovely GA for the community!

Ball: Great Ball
IGN: Ladeyna

Thanks a lot in advance :)!

Last edited:
Ball: Repeat Ball
IGN: Zeiis

Thank you for the love of this event ensuring for dorks like me to participate!
Edit: Thanks for the prompt response as well:swole:

Last edited:
IGN: Juan
Pokemon Requested: Adamant Medicham

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi!

Level: 1
IGN: Nick

Thank you so much! This saves me so much time!

Edit: Wow, that was fast! Thanks!

Last edited:

Theorymon

I just added a BUNCH of new Pokemon for the Special! These include:

Primeape, Togekiss, Clefable, Granbull, Relaxed Gengar, Jolly Medicham, and Celebi!

Hi!

Level: 2
Pokemon Requested: Ambipom

IGN: Rael
Pokemon Requested: Granbull

Thank you so much once again! (both still on GTS, please)

Last edited:
Hi!

Pokemon Requested: Adamant Medicham

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Yo!

Pokemon Requested: Serene Grace Togekiss

IGN: Rael
Pokemon Requested: Primeape

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Theorymon

I've made a MASSIVE update! I've expanded the scope of this thread, and now include a new section: Battle Spot Events

Since there's several event Pokemon that hold some revelance to Battle Spot Singles (and one even for Battle Spot Doubles), I learned how to RNG (thanks Lego !), and injected wonder cards to get them all! If you want them, you'll have to arrange a private trade however, due to how ribbons block them from GTS.

The Pokemon I added to this new section are:

Greninja (both Protean Happy Hour and Torrent ones)
Zapdos (Static)
Gengar (Sludge Wave)
Umbreon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Jolteon, and Leafeon (Celebrate)
Pikachus (Endeavor)
Zoroark (Sludge Bomb)

Last edited:
Requested: Gengar with Bold nature
Buneary is male
Level 16
Pokeball
IGN: Daniel

Last edited:
Hi!

Ball: Nest Ball
Pokemon Requested: Snorlax Brave

Thank you so much, currently trying out these new mons in the ladder :)

Last edited:
Hello Dude/Sis
When do U have time to trade?
I would like to get a Sludge wave Gengar and a Zapdos
And in which time Zone do U live?

Thanks in advance Mango Steak
Have a nice day/night

I would like to get a Sludge wave Gengar and a Zapdos do you have time to trade like today? you live in the US?

Greetings

Theorymon

I've added a Brave Choice Band Mew I RNGed a few days ago, for use in Metronome Cup! Was going to add it yesterday, but I forgot my 3DS charger, and didn't wake up with that thing in my hands till just now, sorry about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)