Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

I think it used to be way more gimmicky than it is now. Come on and go deeper in memories..

The Million Dollar Man
The Honky Tonk Man

Doink the clown.....
True on gimmicks exisiting, but I guess the argument I should have made were that the gimmicks had much more taste. I mean, now we have thugs, and guys that spit apples in peoples faces, i mean...what is that shit?

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
True on gimmicks exisiting, but I guess the argument I should have made were that the gimmicks had much more taste. I mean, now we have thugs, and guys that spit apples in peoples faces, i mean...what is that shit?
It's cool. Caribbean cool. :)

I remember when Chris Jericho was a brutal tv championship wrestler at WCW and now he like what, heavyweight contender from time to time?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I haven't watched wrestling for years. The last big names I remember were Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man Randy Savage. Savage's voice was simply awesome, he really put on a good show. (I mean Hulk before that weird Mr. America thing they had him do).

Also: Wrestling is real unlike boxing, which is rigged. (Well actually, Wrestling is more of a soap opera, but at least no one goes apeshit when you imply corruption and profits have tainted the outcomes of matches.)

It surprises me that latinoheat has not responded to this thread.

I remember when Chris Jericho was a brutal tv championship wrestler at WCW and now he like what, heavyweight contender from time to time?
Chris Jericho is currently a Main Eventer. If Jimmy Snuka, Ricky Steamboat, or Roddy Piper were in their 1980s bodies I would love to see them go against Chris Jericho, but now it's just no and fill up. Steamboat vs. Y2J would have been epic.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Is that the dude that spits apples around the ring?
*facepalm*

Anyway, who do you think will win the Undertaker Shawn Michaels match at wrestlemania 25?

I think they might play it as a tie where both men are down for 10 seconds, then the match is over. After a hard struggle of course.

Then there will probably be some rivalries or something until someone comes out the winner.

I just think it would be too weird after all this time of getting in the Undertakers head they would just sort of randomly script him the winner.

Even though 17-0 would be thematic, I just cant really tell who will win.

Well Wrestlemania XXV was a bit under. John Morrison and The Miz vs. The Colons got dark matched! CM Punk wins the Money in the Bank again? I love Punk and all but come on. Chris Jericho vs. Steamboat, Piper, and Snuka was better than I expected, man Steamboat still has it.

Diva's Battle Royal was garbage as was Rey and JBL. Shawn Michaels and Undertaker made this Mania worth watching best match on the card. Edge / Cena / Show was ok but nothing omg worthy. Now HHH and Orton imo just was plain old boring.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
This Wrestlemania was big disappointment for me. Nothing as memorable as a real great match and the results were all terribly predictable. (Cena won again? Yaaaaaaaawn)

Taker and HBK was the best match yea, but even it seemed uninspired.

This whole event lacked charisma like last year's had. Maybe there wasn't enough rivalries or momentum this time around, but it was definitely a flop, imo.

"Santina" got a good chuckle out of me though.

orton losing was the biggest disappointment to me, though no tag match was a pretty close second. I kind of felt like orton losing should have at least been a lot more climactic. don't know what to think about punk winning mitb again, I guess if he does something interesting it'll be fine but whatever, I enjoyed the match itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)