SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could get an IV checker in our pc that would so convenient, so convenient that I don't think it's a possibility.
I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading somewhere that you need to get certain amount of wins in the battle tree to unlock it. Again I'm not 100% sure. If someone could confirm this that would be awesome.

I'm not 100% sure but I remember reading somewhere that you need to get certain amount of wins in the battle tree to unlock it. Again I'm not 100% sure. If someone could confirm this that would be awesome.
That was a guess I had but then I was reading about e4-related stuff. Maybe there's multiple factors involved with unlocking the dang feature

IV Checker in the PC is a thing, unlocked by reaching the Battle Tree and speaking to the Judge. It's possible UB-05 needs to have been caught as well.​

As you can see, it judges all the stats. 31 is described as "Best", the lowest I've seen is "No good", but I don't think any of my "No goods" were actual zeroes.

Judging at how the hexagon is painted as, there are six lines inside of it. At least that will give an approximate estimation of multiples of five points per IV.

Also, LOL at that Level 10 Salamence. The fact you could even catch one at such a pathetic level...

Oh, the might of Level 10 Mega Salamence lol

Now that we know you can use an Everstone to pass down if a Pokemon is an Alola Form or not, Does that extend to Exeggutor, Raichu, and Marowak? Thense are three pokemon that have Pre-evolutions that lack an Alola Form.

Guess we found out where Lance got his underlevelled Dragonites in HGSS.
Suddenly everything makes sense. And we were led to believe it was Team Rocket's fault with their experiments at the Lake of Rage.

I'm TOTALLY going to farm for a Level 10 Salamence. 1% is not too low, and will be a very effective filler until I can complete the Gen VII reptile/dinosaur team.

Last edited:
Seems like I'm out of the loop here. How do you get a Lvl 10 Salamence? Something with QR codes?
Find the 1% Bagon on a certain grass patch at Route 3.
Then, weaken it to 1HP and use an Adrenaline Orb to make it call allies frequently. (the allies come from the same encounter slot, but from Slot Types 2-8)
After some allies killed, a Salamence will end up appearing (ally from Slot Type 2).

You can get other evolved forms/rare Pokémon this way, but the Lv10-13 Salamence is the best piece of the cake.

Guys, I got it! Gengar needs spoons to get his power back!!!

spooms.jpg
But seriously, though, I'm appalled at GF's decision. Very sad to see Gengar lose Levitate, and that's going to hurt a lot.

It still has good type coverage, movepool and stats. It only gained a weakness. It will still be fine. :/
Let's not forget that it can now benefit from the Terrain moves as well. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes in exchange for now being affected by regular spikes. A downgrade to be sure but not unsalvageable.

Let's not forget that it can now benefit from the Terrain moves as well. It also absorbs Toxic Spikes in exchange for now being affected by regular spikes. A downgrade to be sure but not unsalvageable.
Exactly. I think people are just overreacting a bit with Gengar. Cursed Body isn't exactly a terrible ability either. Free damage when you don't need Gengar anymore.

Stop. Cursed Body is a bad ability specially on something that's not meant to be taking any hits whatsoever. They were LAZY and it's just better to admit it instead of sugarcoating it, lol.
...how is changing an ability that's been on a mon for 3 generations lazy lol, it's quite the opposite. not saying it's a good decision but it is not lazy.

Gengar didn't really take much advantage of Levitate as other Pokemon. It's still a lot better than Cursed Body, however, considering it's "immunity" vs "something I only have one shot at using because I'm OHKOed by practically everything".

They could have just given it new animations depicting it as floating, something it's known to do in several Pokemon media.

Gengar didn't really take much advantage of Levitate as other Pokemon. It's still a lot better than Cursed Body, however, considering it's "immunity" vs "something I only have one shot at using because I'm OHKOed by practically everything".

They could have just given it new animations depicting it as floating, something it's known to do in several Pokemon media.
I'd say it's weird but I've been used to 6 gens of standing Gengar.....

...how is changing an ability that's been on a mon for 3 generations lazy lol, it's quite the opposite. not saying it's a good decision but it is not lazy.
I'm saying them giving him an ability that's now commonly seen on other past Gen Ghosts types was lazy.

I think they changed the ability because it didn't really fit with his model and overall concept like it does for his pre-evos for example. But giving it Cursed Body is lazy, it just shows they couldn't care less as long as it's not floating anymore.

I'm saying them giving him an ability that's now commonly seen on other past Gen Ghosts types was lazy.

I think they changed the ability because it didn't really fit with his model and overall concept like it does for his pre-evos for example. But giving it Cursed Body is lazy, it just shows they couldn't care less as long as it's not floating anymore.
Mk, can't argue with that :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)