Pokemon Masters

Currently running Servine, Lucario, Prinplup. Also pulled Dusclops and Totodile but I think Prinplup might be better? Yeah not a lot of notable pulls for now.

Totodile is extremely powerful once you unlock the full kit. I think shes the hardest hitting physical water in the game.

As for me I found my first true roadblockin in Viola/Bugsy. Put a hard stop on my usual steamrolling combo, so im training up new unitsnto combat them

Once you get a strong enough team you can just walk over to the training center and bully Brendan for gold manuals. Havent tried out Empoleon, never got to find another evo crystal...

Also GEEZ the difficulty really ramps up once you hit the pml. Word for the wise, PAY ATTENTION TO THE AREA DETAILS. They will save you a world of hurt.

Also now that ive beaten thr main story (thus far) I find it interesting that the solo meta and co op meta are worlds apart. Might be worth looking into a tier list for both

Yep, I managed to roll a Whirlipede so I’m just grinding that stage for now. At some point I have to grind materials for level breaks too...

By the way, if anyone wants to add me as a friend, my code is 0978-8507-7885-3037.

Breezed through the main story until the last PML chapter against the Unovans. Idk how to get past them. I have Lv. 75 Lucario, Lv. 65 Raichu and Lv. 60 Prinplup. Lucario always dies first no matter what because of Emboar's Fire Blast. And my Prinplup isn't strong enough yet to 1hit KO that ugly boar. Anyone knows a good place to farm buff blends? Strike courses aren't exactly that rewarding esp when the game demands you gather like a 100 of buff blends.

Also cmiiw but in coop are we playing alongside bots? Most of the time the players I meet are too dumb to recognize type matchups and die prematurely as a result so I have to carry them. Like, who the f brings Lucario against Infernape?

Slowly farming stuff to level break. It’s a bit tedious to have to do this because of the limited type effectiveness.

Also they should add a Pokemon Center button in the bottom right so I don’t have to keep pressing back to return.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Breezed through the main story until the last PML chapter against the Unovans. Idk how to get past them. I have Lv. 75 Lucario, Lv. 65 Raichu and Lv. 60 Prinplup. Lucario always dies first no matter what because of Emboar's Fire Blast. And my Prinplup isn't strong enough yet to 1hit KO that ugly boar. Anyone knows a good place to farm buff blends? Strike courses aren't exactly that rewarding esp when the game demands you gather like a 100 of buff blends.

Also cmiiw but in coop are we playing alongside bots? Most of the time the players I meet are too dumb to recognize type matchups and die prematurely as a result so I have to carry them. Like, who the f brings Lucario against Infernape?
Try to nuke out Emboar before you start hitting to the main Pokemon. Once Lucario Mega evolves and you use one Pupunch, Close Combat can win the battle for you quite easily.

Yeah the area details hint that Emboar is the squishiest of the bunch, should go down in 1 or two hits. Then you want to chunk down Samurott before Cheren activate Apply Yourself, because once he does Samurott will start spitting out blizzards like no tomorrow. Then you can focus on stoutland till hes gone

Currently using Treeko / Serp / Swanna, and have at least beast the story.
At first I was excited about how (relatively) fair it was, no energy and the 10x with a 5 star guarantee seemed easy to get, But no energy is just mindless grinding at the end and “paid” gems is so bs
Anyways, i got semi lucky with a normal 10 roll after realizing the paid gems thing and got Treeko. Getting +6 offenses in turn 1 is so good, but other paid units are prob better.
Idk if i should use my gems rn or wait for new trainers as the team is pretty set atm

Kinda a pain (and battery killer) to grind everything. At some point they should add a skip button for any stage you’ve cleared. Not having the full type chart that we’re used to also sucks, though I guess they want to force you to grind for the longevity of the game.

There is a skip button. Its on the bottom right corner.

Also there should be some new peeps coming in along with the blue event so stay tuned tor that. Also yeah its grindy but Pokemon has always been about the grind across all media, from mystery dungeon to shuffle

I think it’s doable if they set certain missions for each stage, eg finish a stage within a certain time limit, no Pokémon fainting etc, and if you can do that you can skip lol.

Hey idk if there's a thread for this but if anyone want to add me my friend code for pokemon masters is 1398983097796560
Screenshot_20190901-142617_Pokmon Masters.jpg

Getting destroyed by Unovans. Croconaw can beat Emboar pretty quickly before Fire Blast, but I can't beat Samurott before it uses Blizzard and OHKOs my Lucario. Running with 65 Alolan Raichu/Serperior, 73 Lucario, 70 Croconaw.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Maxed out Lucario and Serperior and finally beat them by a sliver.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Against Unovans, since you will face them again in co-op :

Yeah the area details hint that Emboar is the squishiest of the bunch, should go down in 1 or two hits. Then you want to chunk down Samurott before Cheren activate Apply Yourself, because once he does Samurott will start spitting out blizzards like no tomorrow. Then you can focus on stoutland till hes gone

I’m not seeing it.

What I mean is that rather than auto, you should be able to skip the battle scenes and just collect rewards.
Why not for limited battles like the one that rotates every 16 hours, but they can't implement it on other battles. It would mean that you have unlimited amount of any ressource with no effort.

I personally use an auto-clicking app, I pick a level and loop through it at work. Currently on very hard co-op Viola to max the 1 star rock gear, still to be as ready as possible to face Blue. I don't have access to 2 stars rock gear yet, you need a team power of 25000 to play the level.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
For those wondering:

Current list of Recruitable 5 Star trainers:
Acerola, Blue, Brendan, Cheren, Karen

Kris, Olivia, Phoebe, Rosa

2 of the current 9 are boys, and it includes Karen and Olivia. Lol!

Though to be fair there's plenty of 3 star (Bugsy, Candice, Cheryl, Erika, Flannery, Hapu, Iris, Janine, Korrina, Liza, Marley, Maylene, Mina, Misty, Roxanne, Skyla, Winona) and 4 star (Agatha, Clair, Gardenia, Kahili, Lorelei, Roxie, Shauntal, Viola, Whitney) girls.

Yeah, Blue and Brendan.

"What about Cheren?"

Cheren's a boy?

"Yes, and so is Bugsy"

WHA-!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In case you didn't know about the datamine, there's two more characters within the code who are likely the next releases after Blue - Lyra paired with Chikorita (capable of evolution all the way to Meganium) and Hilbert paired with Oshawott (like Brendan, cannot evolve yet).

They're both 5* characters of course.

e: apparently hilbert might be a 4*?

Last edited:
Might as well, I used my once-only evo jewels on Serperior and don't have 900k to dump on another set for Meganium/Samurott yet anyway.

Just recently found out about using Serperior and Alolan Raichu to buff Raichu up to +6 for Discharge for farming. Makes it a lot easier, but coop play still takes far too long IMO.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blue event is disappointing so far. All missions took about 15 minutes to complete, and now I just have to grind 20 times each co-op battle.

Blue is added to the batch of available trainers with a 2 % rate of dropping.
I've heard on Reddit that they might add another sync pair (Lyra and/or Hilbert) during this event so I'm keeping my diamonds yet, hoping to raise the odds to drop something interesting.

I’ve been struggling to beat the Cheren Co-Op on hard, do I need to max out Lucario? I’m using Dusclops(Lv.70), Croconaw(Lv.70), and Lucario(Lv. 75). I try to target down emboar like before but take way too much damage to be able to kill sammorott. Also here is my friend code:8985612767960589

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I've heard on Reddit that they might add another sync pair (Lyra and/or Hilbert) during this event so I'm keeping my diamonds yet, hoping to raise the odds to drop something interesting.
Seems unlikely to me personally, the datamine showed 4 banners total, the Blue one, an Olivia one, a Hilbert one, and a Lyra one. I wouldn't expect any real changes to the Blue banner pool (though I'd be happy to be surprised).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)